Game breaking bug found during Pyres of Novigrad quest.

+
Game breaking bug found during Pyres of Novigrad quest.

During the quest Pyres of Novigrad I encountered a bug that is preventing me from continuing on with the game. After meeting up with Triss and going under the shop to avoid being captured, there is a switch I need to press in order to continue on. My problem lies in the fact that I am completely incapable of interacting with the switch, and thus I am unable to continue the game. I have attached a link to a screenshot to show exactly where this occurs. The button prompt is shown clearly on the screen yet no matter how I position myself or how many times I press A nothing happens. I have tried using a keyboard and it wont work. Tried updating to version 1.03 and still wont work. Tried loading an earlier save and getting back to where the bug occurred it still wont work. I have even tried uninstalling the game and again, it still wont work. I have sunk over a dozen hours into the game up till now and have absolutely no desire to redo of all that in hopes that I will be able finally progress with the game.
http://i.imgur.com/xtfMHbB.jpg

Been waiting for a Fix since Release day :(

Also how are you on 1.03 on Xbox? Or is it just the PC Version with an Xbox Controller?

I've got the exact same issue playing on PC with XBone controller. tried reload and restarting quest etc. Anyone work out a workaround for this?

I got no problem with that part of the quest, just did it

If you are playing on a PC you could try to use the mouse/keyboard for this part no? should work for now, until they fix on next patch lol

Don't like to bump things, but I really think this needs to be addressed asap. It's as bad as a crash - since you can't play the game if you're on this quest and don't intend on replaying the entire game for the hopes of fixing it.
Simple steps such as saving the game, reloading the game, restarting the game, restarting the quest - DO NOT fix it.

I have the same issue. It is a bug across different platforms not just PC. It is a game ending bug, really needs to be addressed ASAP.

---------- Updated at 02:21 PM ----------

that doesn't work either

Same bug. When CDPR will answer to us about this BIG problem? I know that "we'll fix this ASAP" is a standart reply, but I want to know, when exatcly hotfix will come out, because I can't continue this game (i'm literally stuck, deadend). One thing when the small (secondary) quest is buged, but another, than you can't enjoy the main story. People talk about this problem about 3-4 days (not only on this forum)...

Last edited:
Top Bottom