[GAME-BREAKING-BUG] Persistent visual glitch on all saves in 1.04 on PS4 PRO

+
As of today I have discovered a (visual) game breaking bug. It seems to only occur on new playthroughs started from 1.04. The first time was once my game crashed and I had to reload my latest auto save. The screen was all blurry, so I decided to reload a different auto save. Again, the blurry screen. Tried restarting the PS4 PRO and also did a cold blood, but the problem still remains. This bug litteraly makes my entire playthrough broken.

Because I was just 1,5 hours in, I decided to start a new game. This time, I did some frequent manual saves, because I thought the problem only occured in auto saves. Then when I died in a fire fight and my latest auto save loaded, the problem occured again. This time, I loaded my latest manual save, but that also is broken! So literally the game is unplayable for me as of this moment. I will continue my previous (1.02) playthrough and see if the problem will also occur in an old save....

Anyone else experiencing this? Try starting a new game in 1.04 and reload an auto save or something.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue on PC. Check my post for more details, but if I start a new game the issue is gone. I have installed this game on 2 PCs with the same graphics issue so it is definitely in the save file and not hardware related.

I have started a new game as well and that solved the problem AT FIRST. When I was like 1h in again, I died in a fire fight which reloaded my latest auto save. BOOM, problem was back. Now no matter which save I load (from that character), all saves are "corrupt"... even the manual ones.

Strangely enough when I start a new game, save/reload right from the bat, the problem doesn't occur. So it's not hardware related (i've played 120 hours of Valhalla before this, also played 7 hours of Cyberpunk 2077 in v1.02 without issues), it's not save game / character related. It seems it's related to v1.04 of the game.

Do you have a video where you can show your behaviour on pc?

I have uploaded another video from a new game which also has the problem (this one is better):

Last edited:
You have no idea how relieved I am to finally have found others with this issue. This exact thing is happening to me on PC and I can provide screenshots, video, save files, and anything else CDPR may need to help fix it. Please help CDPR!

You have no idea how relieved I am to finally have found others with this issue. This exact thing is happening to me on PC and I can provide screenshots, video, save files, and anything else CDPR may need to help fix it. Please help CDPR!
CDPR is too busy laughing. Or maybe you didn't see that joke of an apology that only mentions their most egregious sins. I'm expecting a fix in February for this issue.

I've been told this is caused by exiting a brain dance while not in first person view, and can be fixed by doing another mission with a BD and exiting while in FP. I'm close to one of those missions and will try it later today and write back.

Still holding out hope that CDPR is prioritizing game-breaking bugs like this and working on them now. I'd imagine this one would be one of the easier things for them to resolve.
Post automatically merged:

Completing the Never Fade Away mission and cutscenes resolved the issue for me.

Last edited:
My issue has nothing to do with BD. I haven't even gotten to that point yet. It looks like the issue occurs when dying -/ loading a save when doing one of the first missions. The one where you need to get the bot for Dex. (See my video's.)

I can't reproduce the issue once i'm past that mission. Just fingers crossed that you don't die while doing the mission or the game freezes/crashes, which it does about every 30 minutes. (This is just insane....)

Same, playing on PS4 1.06- wanted to start a new character but this makes the game unplayable.

Like the others, starting another new game fixes it temporarily but once it occurs it infects all previous saves for that character.

Really annoying, guess I'll give it a rest for a couple of months until I can play the game...

For playstation I would recommend reporting this issue here:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en.../issue/1739/i-want-to-report-a-visual-issue-1 (the same CDPR support article can be found for PC and Xbox too).

Triggering another cut scene or doing another brain dance could help getting things to normal, I don‘t know.

If there‘s reason to believe that newer save games are messing with older ones, deleting all saves that were made after this issue happened for the first time might be worth a shot (but that is a long shot, and I don‘t want anyone to lose their save game if there‘s another way...).

I have the exact same issue.

Started a new game after a 17-hour game got corrupted like that for what seems like no reason.

The new game lasted for an hour or so before I started seeing the artefacts after I loaded a saved game. I think there was a Braindance involved somewhere but I just can't tell if this is the thing that corrupted the graphics.

Started a third game, not a sight of that glitch. I save the game after an hour, instantly load it back to check - and the artefacts start appearing. There was no braindance this time, it seems like the one corrupted save file now corrupts all the other made after it.

May try to delete all save files and start a fourth game to see if that fixes the problem although I'd rather not lose my initial 17 hour game...

For playstation I would recommend reporting this issue here:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en.../issue/1739/i-want-to-report-a-visual-issue-1 (the same CDPR support article can be found for PC and Xbox too).

Triggering another cut scene or doing another brain dance could help getting things to normal, I don‘t know.

If there‘s reason to believe that newer save games are messing with older ones, deleting all saves that were made after this issue happened for the first time might be worth a shot (but that is a long shot, and I don‘t want anyone to lose their save game if there‘s another way...).
Thanks for your suggestion -clearing cache didn't work but I've reported the issue. Think we'll have to wait for Devs to release a patch that fixes it.

Any update on this bug? I had this bug start on me after almost 70 hours of playtime. I have restarted the game and after exiting and loading the auto save, same visual issue happens on my game.

tsk tsk tsk

Now playing this game is just a waste of time currently until this bug is fixed.

2nd play through and it happened shortly after the BD mission recently next day i load my save and it shows up again, Just looks like motion blur effect turned artifact. Im going to try to initiate an screen event/scene that forces the pov out to see if that process is whats causing this to happen. Im suprised to find its an ongoing issue. Goes away once i restart a story but, maybe its the intro cutscenes that keep the bug from happening at first. from what im reading its a bug that seems to happen after any major pov screen effect. (BD scene, EMP effect, Chip malfunction effect, or cutscene that forces out of fp pov), but that doesnt explain it happening after reloading a new story save that wasnt bugged the day before. ill post again if i discover anything with this

Last edited:
Top Bottom