Game-Breaking bug that can prevent you from progressing in the story

+
the day before yesterday, I got to the disasterpiece mission and was told to go find and talk to the XBD Dealer, when talking to him, I got a phone call, and was able to move my gun over the dealer and shoot him, even though he was friendly, he died and then respawned, but I was no longer able to start a conversation with him. I stupidly didn't go back a save and instead decided to sink 30 more hours into the game, doing other things. I'm at a point now where I don't have that save from before the mission anymore, but I can't progress the story since I've done everything but that mission so far, and no new main quests are showing up. IDK what to do... I don't wanna restart and lose the 40 hours I've put into the game but at the same time, I can't progress further. Any suggestions? (PS: I tried to see if I could aim at other friendlies when I got a phone call while in dialogue with them, and it's possible. I didn't shoot or kill them to avoid this situation from happening with other characters, but its definitely a bug that needs to be looked at....)

Thanks for any help!
Nom

Same here! Killed dealer by accident and now won't talk to me. Also spent 20+hrs into the game and the only mission left to do is this Disasterpiece one. I've already completed all sidequests (not the very high danger ones, they are impossible) and I can't progress anymore due to the dealer not having the option to talk!

Hi I have exactly the same issue, which stopped me progressing the main story. I am very sad that I've already spent 25+ hours on this game, and I do not want to start from the begin again.

Does any CD Projekt programmer notice this very big bug that kills the main story??? Please help to fix this bug, thanks!

Basically I killed the XBD dealer by accident, then police came and killed me, I died and reborn, then I went to the XBD dealer in Jig-Jig Street again to progress the main story as told in the task, then I found that I cannot speak to this dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

Just saw there are many people reporting the same issue on Reddit, can someone fix this glitch, thanks!!! People can not progress the main story but only the branches.

Last edited:
This has also happened to me i purchased what i needed to from the dealer and nothing happened i somehow killed him and now it wont let me talk to him i have done every side mission and main mission in the game now im stuck i sunk about 30 hours into the game after this thinking it will get fixed but now i think ill just have to start over again

Problem persists.
Maybe if the devs could add another xbd dealer somewhere we could move on.
I'm level 26, 47 street credit, over 70 hours of gameplay.

Same issue here.

I didn't kill or hit the guy, I just moved away immediately after talking, heard some noise like a punch and after that I saw the guy was gone and I have to "search the body" but there's no body!

is there any way to find the body or make it appear? it's kind of bad, isn't it?

Frustrating.

I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the issue (or try to!)

Same issue here.

I didn't kill or hit the guy, I just moved away immediately after talking, heard some noise like a punch and after that I saw the guy was gone and I have to "search the body" but there's no body!

is there any way to find the body or make it appear? it's kind of bad, isn't it?

Frustrating.

I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the issue (or try to!)

OK, I think I've understood. I think the either the dealer shouldn't be there or the body should be once "dead". Either way, to solve the issue just buy straight away the item with the exclamation mark and you will be ok. (I won't say more to avoid "spoilers")

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 15_12_2020 19_48_33.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 15_12_2020 19_48_33.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:
Not available for me.
I just want to strangle this dude.. gime the xbd gawd damn!!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 309
I'm going to drop this here, hoping CDPR is watching.
To start, I'm not a gamer, I'm a computers and tech addict. The Cyberpunk theme is something that I have grown with.
Headlines all over the place reporting how bugged the game is, how it has not met most ppl expectations. I have not read a single one or watch any youtube video apart from the trailers.
I wanted to experience the game with only the information provided from CDPR, so again I have not read any articles or watched any movies, speculating about what the game could have been, before it's release.
At level 40 with 50 street credit, all my cyberware slots maxed to what I'm allowed, purchased a Quadra Type 66 Javelina (think I'm done with cars really, this is a dream come true, it would be cool if we could customise and even make a few changes here and there visually), have a small closet with 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 3 jackets, and 2 pairs of shoes and i'm fine with just that, 550k eurodollars in my wallet I don't know where to spend them (dolls and BDs in the future maybe?) and 110 hours played, since the 10th, 25% complete.
There's so much going on, so much potential, I keep coming back.
This dude I finished a job for gave me a Quadra Turbo R, he left town and isn't coming back.. where the hell did he go? Will the world of Cyberpunk expand beyond Night City? Also, In one of the hundreds of computers I have already hacked into I have found a curious email regarding auditions to fly to the moon.. could this be a hint to where the game could also expand to?
The shards and the amount of sci fi content to read in them is unbelievable, the people behind these are probably not getting the credit they deserve, hats off to you.
I'm not going to keep telling how incredible I feel my experience is being, I don't mind minor bugs, like sinking cars on the pavement or hoovering npcs but please, understand that the bug described in this thread does not allow us to to move on. I at a point I just walk into alleys, with my gorilla arms, punch the shit out of them Tigers and Valentinos, loot whatever I need, and im done, back to my Javelina to look for the next alley and do the same, it's starting to get repetitive.
Great job so far, looking forward for the next update.

photomode_19122020_121039.jpg

Last edited:
Any luck with today's update?

keywords, ignore:
hotfix 1.05 xbd dealer gamebreaking bug can't progress

I wonder if I rewatch Strange Days 1995 might help me solving this puzzle

My ingame stats show 133 hours of gameplay and 30% complete, I could really use a hand here, I have the eddies, talk to me.

Last edited:
According to gog, 195 hours gameplay, 45% completed, I have completed every single side quest, apart from buying cars.
Does this mean I'll have another 200 hours of gameplay once this bug is fixed?
That would be proper preem.

It‘s usually best to report quest progression issues on the official support website:

(on this website you‘ll find the same article for consoles as well)

Loading the last save game often helps if you suspect that something is off.
But I know that it may not always be easy to tell.

Appreciate your response, thanks.
I have considered doing it before but was hoping the guys would find a solution without having them spending time with another user reporting problems.
Have reported the issue, might be a good time now to practise some of that meditation I have learned in the game.

@devivre I reported this issue when I had it, well over a month ago, no response or anything despite a lot of info and game save files.... I'm still stuck so I'm just not playing until it's fixed. I don't feel like replaying the 80 hours I've put into the story and game.

Top Bottom