Game-breaking Bug: Wakako [Spoilers]

+
I haven't been able to speak to Wakako from the minute I had a quest with her. Even her phone calls would omit her speaking so I'm just there hearing myself speaking to nobody. That's all whatever. The game's buggy, fine. But then I start on the 'Down on the Corner' quest, a main quest...I'm guessing a mandatory quest...and she won't speak. I know what it's supposed to look like because I looked the quest up on youtube. You walk in, she's speaking on the phone, then hangs up and addresses you.

But nope. I walk in and she's just holding her phone up to her head. The end. I've tried multiple saves, hard re-sets and jumping around the room until I actually got stuck behind her desk (Great Job, CDPR!).

Man...I've been trying to be positive amidst all the negative chatter but jesus christ, dudes. This game should NOT have shipped like this. FFS. 21 hours in and if I have to start from scratch...well...let's just say the wind has been taken out of my sails. I can't picture myself playing all that (mostly fluff and cutscenes) over again.

Same problem here. The gig and Down on the street is locked with this bug. She either stands still or sits with phone (depends on if I proceed with Down on the street).

Game breaking bug we got here! Locks the main quest. Hope CDPR will fix it in the next patch..

I just ran into this and found this thread searching. In my case, I couldn't interact with Wakako and she wouldn't lower the phone. The issue was that I rushed into Wakako's pachinko parlor _before Takemura_, he stopped at the entrance. Once I walked back to him, he entered with me and the quest continued.

tl;dr Make sure Takemura comes in with you!

I just ran into this and found this thread searching. In my case, I couldn't interact with Wakako and she wouldn't lower the phone. The issue was that I rushed into Wakako's pachinko parlor _before Takemura_, he stopped at the entrance. Once I walked back to him, he entered with me and the quest continued.

tl;dr Make sure Takemura comes in with you!

I tried everything, the problem still remains.

Same here, I had the quest "DISASTERPIECE" but no Call or Talk, i Made a progress in the other quest with TAKEMURA (To get to Gimme Danger) [actually is talk to wakako too], so wakako progress on that quest blocking the other one forever, Currently I can't make any progrss on "DISASTERPIECE" main story line.... And i can't load any previous save game, because i dont see this is stucked until now.

Same problem here.
After the lockdown I could not end "The Gig", because Wakako was not in the office, and I didn't even get a quest marker on the map.
Now with Takemura I am completely stuck in the office. Wakako just holdes the phone, nothing happens, no dialog option. And the way out is blocked by a bodyguard.

I registered my profile just to voice what happened with me on this mission. I'm on my PS4 pro.

I just started the mission but I have a different outcome. When I arrive to talk to Wakako I'm with taka and she puts the phone down but she has two blue prompts but no talking to her about the actual quest. Loaded my previous saves multiple times and still same result. I get it the game just came out and looks great but wow they rushed this game after it got delayed. I did both approaches with riding with taka and meeting him there and same thing happens.

Same problem here. The gig and Down on the street is locked with this bug. She either stands still or sits with phone (depends on if I proceed with Down on the street).

Game breaking bug we got here! Locks the main quest. Hope CDPR will fix it in the next patch..
identic bug and i don't continue my Campaign, this is myu last primary mission...this game have orribly problem

I registered my profile just to voice what happened with me on this mission. I'm on my PS4 pro.

I just started the mission but I have a different outcome. When I arrive to talk to Wakako I'm with taka and she puts the phone down but she has two blue prompts but no talking to her about the actual quest. Loaded my previous saves multiple times and still same result. I get it the game just came out and looks great but wow they rushed this game after it got delayed. I did both approaches with riding with taka and meeting him there and same thing happens.

I did a couple of missions and another for Wakako and problem fixed.

I have the same issue with this mission. As soon as I step in to discuss with Wakako I get this bug where she doesn't do anything.
Main quest progression is hindered by this. I am considering deleting all saves and starting over

I have the same issue with this mission. As soon as I step in to discuss with Wakako I get this bug where she doesn't do anything.
Main quest progression is hindered by this. I am considering deleting all saves and starting over

Better just wait for the fix, I guess. If you face the same bug again, you very well could be quite pissed off.

Better just wait for the fix, I guess. If you face the same bug again, you very well could be quite pissed off.
To be honest, I my expectations and trust in CDPR are through the floor right now. I'm just better off by just drop the game for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the tip anyways.

Just chiming in that I am having the same issue. Problems with Wakako started right off the bat. When you are supposed to return to her for "The Gig" after the lockdown ended, she is just standing at her desk with no way to interact with her. Full restarts/refreshing caches, reloading, anything I could do on my end didn't help. I figured it'd be fixed eventually, so continued on and have been jamming out mostly sidequests. The problem now is that part of the main quest has me interacting with her with Takemura in tow. At least this time she is sitting down, holding her phone. Once entered with Takemura, still no way to interact with her but this one is a bit worse because her body guard stands at the door and there's no way out of the situation but to reload. I've been back to try to complete both of these missions at least 20 times to now avail. Glad this isn't just me with this issue as there were no reports I could find when initially encountered. I would advise everyone to submit a bug report so it's front and center on their radar, but otherwise I know they have their hands full.

I haven't been able to speak to Wakako from the minute I had a quest with her. Even her phone calls would omit her speaking so I'm just there hearing myself speaking to nobody. That's all whatever. The game's buggy, fine. But then I start on the 'Down on the Corner' quest, a main quest...I'm guessing a mandatory quest...and she won't speak. I know what it's supposed to look like because I looked the quest up on youtube. You walk in, she's speaking on the phone, then hangs up and addresses you.

But nope. I walk in and she's just holding her phone up to her head. The end. I've tried multiple saves, hard re-sets and jumping around the room until I actually got stuck behind her desk (Great Job, CDPR!).

Man...I've been trying to be positive amidst all the negative chatter but jesus christ, dudes. This game should NOT have shipped like this. FFS. 21 hours in and if I have to start from scratch...well...let's just say the wind has been taken out of my sails. I can't picture myself playing all that (mostly fluff and cutscenes) over again.
You can just ignore the quest objective and go straight to a sex shop on jig jig street, it is located near the joytoy icon, food icon and a fixer icon on the map. In the shop, you can ask the cashier about a special BD and your quest objective will change :)

EDIT: This happened to me during the disasterpiece questline, hope we are talking about the same issue. If not, then sorry i wasted your time, but you can still try to apply the same logic, find the quest playthrough on youtube and try to go to the next mission objective without talking to wakako. Hope this helps

Have the same problem...
Not shure if this has any impact, but i have 2 missions for Wakako, and maybe thats why it breaks? Donno... But hey, cant play anymore before a fix (no more sidequests) #Sadface

Top Bottom