Game Chat Request Thread

+

Guest 3893205

I actually loled at this solution when I read it this morning :D

Having free text chat only in friend matches might be a good solution, while keeping the random matches chat free (or only emotes/fixed text like GGs, etc.)

Having free text chat only in friend matches might be a good solution, while keeping the random matches chat free (or only emotes/fixed text like GGs, etc.)

Well, but in this case the point of the CDPR staff is legitimate, you can just use you in-game GoG chat for that if you play with friends.

I never said anything about not having emotes :) Emotes are important. They were not present in the KTS build but we definitely want to have them.
I hope you also add an option to disable them, I don't want to have any interaction with my opponent during the gameplay.

I'd actually like to say and hear mind-game stuff. It would be a good fit with the overall bluffing theme of Gwent.

I understand why CDPR won't go for it though.

Not sure if that would be a great thing, played some online games where All chat was a thing and the ammount of toxicity came out of it was absurd! Even in Hearthstone people adds you just to harras you for no reason at all! Taunts and Jokes from your heroes would be a thing i'd like to see in the game other than that would not work! The ammount of sarcasm and mocking that could come out from some Leaders would be hilarous or maybe some Leader - Legendary card interaction would be awesome as hell as long as it wouldn't hold up the gameplay!

Suggestion: Make an ingame chat! Add flags for location.

Let players talk inside the room. There is much more fun if there is interaction. Also add flag to see location of enemy.

I wouldn't have an option to chat inside the match, and if there was one included I'd make it optional and that you could opt out if you wanted. I'd definitely have a chat option after the match and some social aspect where you can add players and talk to them after the matches (on pc i mean, I'm guessing it's already there on xbox). The flag option could be interesting but it's not something game changing. As I said in another thread It'd be pretty essential to be able to see the opponent's stats while in the match and maybe in that section people could choose to display their country flag if they so wished.

No, thank you.

I do not wish to have anything to do with my opponent other than playing the game.

I do not wish to have anything to do with my opponent other than playing the game. +1
At least, make the chat function optional.;)

Make chat optional and easy to quit so it can be used for mind games not spreading toxicity.

The problem of the chat will be the amount of bullshit and saltyness that comes out of it. Specific messages to send out is good, being able to chat not so much.

Besides this is such a fast paced game, while you're typing "cyka blyat" the guy has already won that round.

if you dont want to interact then play with bots or turn it off/mute. simple as that :) witcher is pegi18.

:eek:, then there also should be options even more. we need also pegi12/pegi18 option so you dont play with 12 yo as this is for sure waste of time. this is why voice chat, avatars, info etc are needed to see who you are playing with, it is another aspect of the meta.

If there is a chat implemented, give an option to block please.

I can see the need for a chat box with friends, but not with randoms on the internet.

Expect something like this in the chat during a game:

GG gonna get rekt now
Incoming scorch
nice card such strong
<plays scorch> get scorched bitch ez game

Expect something like this in the chat after a game:

GG EZ
SO EZ
GET REKT SCRUB
GIT GUD NOOB
AHAHAHAHAH U SUCK
Your deck sucks dick uninstall pls

As much as i'd like to trash my opponent using some of these examples I do not want to get the same treatment when I lose :)

gotta agree with the "no thanks, I don't want to chat ... only play".

But I'd dig a system like in Rocket League, where you have a set of given reactions.

Top Bottom