Game Chat Request Thread

+
binczu;n7026280 said:
Please add chat to the game, voice communication also, it will be a great to give thanks for opponent or discusse about movment :)

I don't want to think about all the hate coming up with that. But there should be ways to handle this.

Why is everyone worried about chats ruining the game? Mobas have that too and it doesnt ruin the game there either, especially at higher ranks (and their community is usually even more toxic). Would be really nice if I was able to discuss with my opponent about the strategies/tactics and maybe even give newer player some advices :C

Strollin;n7028500 said:
Why is everyone worried about chats ruining the game? Mobas have that too and it doesnt ruin the game there either, especially at higher ranks (and their community is usually even more toxic). Would be really nice if I was able to discuss with my opponent about the strategies/tactics and maybe even give newer player some advices :C
Some emotes should be just fine.Why would you want to chat with your opponent anyways?you have to concentrate on the game....

KeyStance;n7028920 said:
Some emotes should be just fine.Why would you want to chat with your opponent anyways?you have to concentrate on the game....

I was talking about postmatch discussion. Some sort of a lobby after the match, for in the match I agree emotes only should be fine :D

Absolutely no.

Text chat and emotes would already be too much. Now imagine the rage trolling via voice chat. It would ruin the game.

Lytha;n7029170 said:
Absolutely no.

Text chat and emotes would already be too much. Now imagine the rage trolling via voice chat. It would ruin the game.

Why would it ruin the game? Are there really that many toxic players out there that cant stand a single defeat? I mean if you are that pissed about the match you just had why dont you just instantly leave the chat lobby after the game then? Nobody will force you to stay there if you feel like the game was uneven or you were generally just too frustrated to stay :D

(Although I agree that voice chat is not necessary :D)

I will suggest little twits with limited word counts may be 15/20 so that we can say hello, well played, wrong move etc.. & If possible add character voices to choose from so that its going to taunt with that character. I know may be it's too much for now but why not in future :)

Or own made emotes with limited characters with selectable charter voices. For Start Geralt, Zoltan, Dandelion, Yennefer, Ciri, Triss, Priscilla voices are enough.

Last edited:
Suggestion: ingame chat buttons

I understand why you wouldn't want an actual chat function during games, even if it were to be mutable, but I do think some limited options of communication would be nice to have. We do have GG after the game but when someone doesn't press it I automatically assume that the other person is super salty and felt like my entire deck was completely unfair or something.

I was thinking of a few general buttons on the left side of the screen (maybe even in a popup menu) that describe a general feeling each towards how the game is currently going. Here's some suggestions even though you guys could probably come up with way better ones.

1) Nice play!
2) Grrr
3) Aww man
4) Whoops!

I hope you guys like this idea and pick it up in some form or another. Playing Gwent does feel a little bit lonely from time to time, and being able to let people know I see what they did there and that I respect their play would make the game way more enjoyable in my opinion.

Edit: General grammar, rip English

Last edited:
Please no. I don't want to hear or see if someone is being salty or cocky about his loss or win and i would like to stay safe from trolls spamming me with chat messages / smiles / sound alarms while i'm playing. Otherwise i won't be able to stay cool and focused (it already takes that long for me to make decision that i'm in constant fear my opponent will be pissed about my indecisiveness; with distractions like that i wouldn't be able to play at all i think).

Leij;n7043380 said:
I hope you guys like this idea and pick it up in some form or another. Playing Gwent does feel a little bit lonely from time to time, and being able to let people know I see what they did there and that I respect their play would make the game way more enjoyable in my opinion.

That's exactly how I feel. I've already openend several threads about that but apparently 80% of people would get even more salty with that so I guess we wont see something like that in the future :(

Strollin;n7046210 said:
That's exactly how I feel. I've already openend several threads about that but apparently 80% of people would get even more salty with that so I guess we wont see something like that in the future :(

Yeah, I will also like to be able to chat with my opponent, if I will be able to block anybody who gets to salty. But Hearthstone does not have it, so I doubt that Gwent will have. And seeing how tilted are some people on this forums about GG button, it is probably not good idea.

darklord23;n7046450 said:
Yeah, I will also like to be able to chat with my opponent, if I will be able to block anybody who gets to salty. But Hearthstone does not have it, so I doubt that Gwent will have. And seeing how tilted are some people on this forums about GG button, it is probably not good idea.

Well there are plenty of things that Gwent does different than Hearthstone so it wouldnt be the first time :)
But yea seeing how people can get that mad about a simple GG button, this would probably kill it lol

It would need to be moderated. A lot. CDPR already said they dont wanna do one. But i hope they change their mind. Ingame chats can be great especially for new players who have lots of questions. And not everyone favors a forum.

I dont see a problem with an aftermatch-chat. If you are salty/toxic you can just instantly leave and if you want to discuss something, honor your opponent for awesome plays or just ask your opponent some questions you can stay. Everyone is happy :D

I still vote "no", because I have a very good idea what "no GG" people would like to tell me, and I can live VERY well without that.

Also, zero interest in talking with one of those Foltest users.

Lytha;n7086520 said:
I still vote "no", because I have a very good idea what "no GG" people would like to tell me, and I can live VERY well without that.

That makes you one. And like I said if you dont want to see what those people have to say just instantly leave... They cant type that fast anyway and I personally have many matches where I would like to talk with my opponent especially if its a new player to give him some tips and strategies. I dont see the problem in this if both sides profit from it... :D

Last edited:
Checkbox in the options then to automatically not enter the griefroom. Oh, apologies, the "interactive social chat lounge where newbies get super useful advice". Particularly those who don't actually speak your own language.

Else it's just one more super annoying button click and waiting time.

Top Bottom