Game Chat Request Thread

+
Lytha;n7086580 said:
Else it's just one more super annoying button click and waiting time.

How so? Right now you have a GG button and the continue button where you can skip your reward, with an aftermatch chat it could just pop up after the progression thing is shown and if you dont want to see that you just click continue (like you do at the moment ;D)

Oh, so in your imagination it pops up automatically so that people can script it to automatically post the predictable "FUCK YOU SCOIA CUNT!" kind of social interaction? Since I only have to click "continue", but it "pops up" automatically.

Lovely idea.

Oooooh, or the lovely "HAHA PWNED!! SUCK MY BALLS!" kind of social interaction and newbie education.

Ooooooh, and since the game is not going for a mature rating, we'll get to see the copy/paste ASCII art penises, too, because we all know that 14 year olds love to do them. And we'll get to see them, before we can click "continue" to escape the Griefroom.

Really, that idea of yours becomes more charming the longer I think about it.

Last edited:
Lytha;n7086730 said:
Oh, so in your imagination it pops up automatically so that people can script it to automatically post the predictable "FUCK YOU SCOIA CUNT!" kind of social interaction? Since I only have to click "continue", but it "pops up" automatically.
Lovely idea.

Oooooh, or the lovely "HAHA PWNED!! SUCK MY BALLS!" kind of social interaction and newbie education.

Ooooooh, and since the game is not going for a mature rating, we'll get to see the copy/paste ASCII art penises, too, because we all know that 14 year olds love to do them. And we'll get to see them, before we can click "continue" to escape the Griefroom.

Really, that idea of yours becomes more charming the longer I think about it.

You are exaggerating this by far...

I have played plenty of pvp games, some mobas as well and they have the most toxic community over all kinds of competitive games, especially since more younger people play those games. And I have never met anyone that does what you just said even with their large playerbase. :)

Not sure why this idea is so horrible for you or what kind of experience you had to assume people are THAT bad but whatever I dont think they will implement this anyway :shrug:

Last edited:
Mhm. I have also played multiplayer games. :)

And yes, those things do happen. Not in every match, of course. But once is enough for a life time. Those beautiful ASCII arts of genitalia and boobs in particular are extremely common in games with a younger audience.

Anyway. IF there is got to be a griefroom, because some people think that this is such a wonderful idea - then please with a checkbox to automatically not enter it. And definitely nothing automatically popping up.

Lytha;n7086960 said:
Anyway. IF there is got to be a griefroom, because some people think that this is such a wonderful idea - then please with a checkbox to automatically not enter it. And definitely nothing automatically popping up.

That sounds like a reasonable solution for both sides :) I doubt they will do that tho so lets just see :p

BringnThunder;n7087240 said:
i think in game chat like Clash Royale would be acceptable. predetermined chat phrases and/or animated emoji's

Thats what HS has as well afaik. But I was hoping to get something where you can discuss stuff and talk with your opponent after a match (and have a checkbox that never puts you in that chatroom after a match in case you dont want to talk with your opponent :D)

Strollin;n7087260 said:
Thats what HS has as well afaik. But I was hoping to get something where you can discuss stuff and talk with your opponent after a match (and have a checkbox that never puts you in that chatroom after a match in case you dont want to talk with your opponent :D)

i normally don't want to talk to my opponent after a match i just want to look for another match lol. i could see chat as a good function in a "Friend Match"

DirkAustin;n7085590 said:
It would need to be moderated. A lot. CDPR already said they dont wanna do one. But i hope they change their mind. Ingame chats can be great especially for new players who have lots of questions. And not everyone favors a forum.

Funny thing CDP trust players with online payments but they dont trust them with ingame chat :)

I was for an in-game chat but only if it was entirely optional. Realistically, through a once off toggle. However, I am not sure the in-game interface can fit it and still look and feel good. Social options are a must I think but it definitely needs customisation options that respects people's rights too.

Not sure if I was supposed to, but I laughed at your posts Lytha Hopefully, that's not the future of Gwent.

In-Game Chat for friends only matches.

Basically as the title puts it, i know there has been some discussion on a in-game chat before, and i know why the devs probably wouldn't do it, but my suggestion is just t have an in-game chat for friend-only matches.

Am I the only one who'd welcome in-game chat?

Soo. I was playing with my friend from other country and I wanted to say Well Played. But I just didn't have a chance. So I think that having a in-game chat would be a nice touch to the game even if it would be like in hearthstone (just few quotes). How do you feel about it?

Already made some threads about this. People seem to hate ingame chats. So I guess they wont implement it or if they do something like the emote-system of HS (but I dont expect to see it sometime soon).

You not not the only one, but because of the people who are well..... ur... unpleasant, it would have to be moderated a lot.
You don't want to put people off the game because of toxic players using the chat.

Strollin;n7123880 said:
Already made some threads about this. People seem to hate ingame chats. So I guess they wont implement it or if they do something like the emote-system of HS (but I dont expect to see it sometime soon).

and emote-system would be cool, or maybe a way to select pre-made chat options.

Last edited:
plmjk;n7123920 said:
You not not the only one, but because of the people who are well..... ur... unpleasant, it would have to be moderated a lot. You don't want to put people off the game because of toxic players using the chat.

Never prevented MOBAs from having ingame chats (and hell those games have the most toxic communities of all PvP online games lol)

I would welcome something like emoticons or pre-determined messages to choose from. But yeah, a chat will mostly just transport salt and hate. Judging by the big number of people who ragequit without GG. Why don't you just skype or use whatever messenger while playing with friends?

Necro_Man_Ser;n7124190 said:
I would welcome something like emoticons or pre-determined messages to choose from. But yeah, a chat will mostly just transport salt and hate. Judging by the big number of people who ragequit without GG. Why don't you just skype or use whatever messenger while playing with friends?

Salt is delicious. You don't like salt?

I don't want in game chat. Don't need a bunch of 12 year olds cursing at me because I suck at the game. Plus the games are quick enough to where I think we can go 10 minutes without social interaction.

Top Bottom