Game Chat Request Thread

+
plmjk;n7126060 said:
Um...... Maybe instead of giving a demonstration of what the in game chat will be like, perhaps we could focus on actually discussing how a reasonable in-game chat idea may be implemented for those who would like.

Basically just read what Fguri said :D

Cut it out.

Now.

Issuing infractions.

After infractions, bans.

Which will make the irony of getting banned in a thread discussing communication and online behaviour worthy of my smile. And your ban.

Here is a simple rule, regardless of how old you are or say you are:

In this forum we strive for

Polite
Friendly
Constructive

discourse.

If you cannot or will not do that, you will not be here long.

Sardukhar;n7126180 said:
Cut it out.

Now.

Issuing infractions.

After infractions, bans.

Which will make the irony of getting banned in a thread discussing communication and online behaviour worthy of my smile. And your ban.

Here is a simple rule, regardless of how old you are or say you are:

In this forum we strive for

Polite
Friendly
Constructive

discourse.

If you cannot or will not do that, you will not be here long.

And proves my point exactly about why having chat in-game is a bad idea.

WhiskyGlen;n7126260 said:
And proves my point exactly about why having chat in-game is a bad idea.

Whisky. If you are suggesting IN ANY WAY that your behaviour justifies or "wins' you this argument, just let me know and I will "confirm" your victory in the clearest manner possible.

Making things worse is not okay. Do not try to use it to your advantage ever.

WhiskyGlen;n7125380 said:
Perhaps enable it for matches against friends only? That would solve the initial poster's problem.

You can always chat with your friend on whats app or even on any other chat app. specially adding chat feature in game & invite unneeded bugs and trouble is really not necessary imo.

About chat in game nope I too not going to support that. Currently we have simple free GG system but still many players are misusing it & even fighting over it.

I will prefer Few Emotes or Tweet like feature where you can say 9/10 words message only which going to have some character voice so that we can say hello, good move, nice etc. and there should be limit say 2/3 tweets only par turn as otherwise players going to abuse it to annoy opp.

Tweet system is not going to be like chat, It's just going to announce you short message with some character voice and it's almost same like emotes but we going to have more control/variety on messages we tweet rather then fix emotes.

Last edited:
I am shocked actually. It is first time i see multiplayer game without chat option. I was pretty sure it was just because it is beta and I am surprised to know that it is by design. Its something North Korea would do.

Last edited:
So. Anyone else posting in this thread, I suggest reading the Rules, link in my sig. Here's some highlights:

1. No insults. Don't care, not interested in the reason/excuse.

2. No inviting insults by trolling.

3. Don't argue with moderators if you see us in Blue.

Threads like this are going to attract us, so everyone be cool.

Edit: In response to an actual reasonable point made, the Poser title refers to a Cyberpunk 2020 term for a kind of street gang. Posers are gang members who have facial and reconstructive surgery to look and act like their theme. Like "booster", it's Cyberpunk 2020 shorthand for a street-level gang member. Whether this remains across forum or shifts to forum specific titles depends on the bug list now being steadily cleaned up.

Last edited:
I just believe that having no in-game chat and the option of granting GG to our opponents is all we need for now. Your rival earned your respect? Give them some GG, whether you won or not. You got angry because you got outplayed, outsmarted? Either forfeit or don't grant GG, but that's the worst you can do, instead on going on a rage and insult rampage you may regret a few minutes later.

You want to play against that person again? Go to the Client, add that player. If they want you as a friend, they will accept. Everyone's happy.

TH3WITCH3R;n7126460 said:
About chat in game nope I too not going to support that. Currently we have simple free GG system but still many players are misusing it & even fighting over it.
I will prefer Few Emotes or Tweet like feature where you can say 9/10 words message only which going to have some character voice so that we can say hello, good move, nice etc. and there should be limit say 2/3 tweets only par turn as otherwise players going to abuse it to annoy opp.
Tweet system is not going to be like chat, It's just going to announce you short message with some character voice and it's almost same like emotes but we going to have more control/variety on messages we tweet rather then fix emotes.

Thats cool. If you dont want a chat ingame thats totally fine and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However me and some other people have an opinion as well so dont you think it would be unfair if we were just ignored? :(
Why dont we just stick to what Fguri said and everyone will be happy :D

Might be bad for the 12 year old allowed to play. Cussing. Also I don't own a headphones so I feel second class, like the opponent might be annoyed I don't talk.

Strollin;n7129250 said:
Thats cool. If you dont want a chat ingame thats totally fine and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However me and some other people have an opinion as well so dont you think it would be unfair if we were just ignored? :(
Why dont we just stick to what Fguri said and everyone will be happy :D

Yehh as you said everyone having their own opinions. I have posted mine without saying you are wrong and trust me I am really not a vip that cdpr going to listen to me :) so don't worry whatever the last decision cdpr will take is going to be good for everyone as they know what to do & what to not better then us :)

Thanks.

WhiskyGlen;n7125380 said:
Perhaps enable it for matches against friends only? That would solve the initial poster's problem.

Yeah that would be an agreeable solution.

I get the whole "you are not entitled to safe space" point. I am usually fond of it myself. Yet, there are enough online games out there where you have to confront yourself with vitriol. I love gwent because I know this is an online game where I don't have to deal with my opponent's inability to control their emotions. It's relaxing and yet interactive with other people. I'm sure you see the good coming from that.

There are options that will serve most people. Like if there actually has to be a chat, the option to turn it off by default, in the settings. This way, everybody has the choice to not communicate if they don't want to. The gameplay does not require the players chatting at all.

Last edited:
Chat Box

I think it would be cool to be able to talk with the opponent during the game. There are a few instances where I certainly wanted to compliment a great move. If a chat box would open too much room for verbal abuse and unnecessary conversations, then maybe it would be better to have a thumbs-up button that you can click on to compliment the opponent's move. Perhaps show that troll from the shop giving you the thumbs-up at the corner of the screen, hehe.

I'd feel better about a thumbs-up compared to a GG. Any thoughts?

Chat rooms in the game would also increase community building/friends in game. I am more prone to play a game if I know people who are online in the game.

Another idea involving in game friends, adding the option to spectate friends or high level games would be great instead of going to twitch to watch pro's.

Lytha;n7232980 said:
You mean you want to be able to "communicate" during the match? ("Perfect card." makes no sense otherwise.) And XP as encouragement to use it, too. Lovely idea!

Just imagine, you're sitting there, thinking, and the opponent spams the "communication" buttons. Not distracting at all. Not at all. Haven't we got more than enough threads about how bloody frustrating the game is, for newcomers (omg the game is p2w) as well as for veterans (running into only cookie cutter decks)? Surely we need more of that. "My opponent was spamming me with some stupid chat lines and emotes during the entire match."

Nah, ingame communication, even if restricted to preset one-liners and emotes, would never get abused at all. Never.

Here is a video of someone gleefully enjoying the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUiP...ature=youtu.be

That person has her webcam blended in in the last match. Look at her. Listen.

Now imagine you're the opponent.

Wouldn't you love it if that person could send you her comments via emotes and fancy one liners and ingame chat? Maybe even Voice Chat, so that you could hear that condescending laughter and the "want to be my frieeend" taunts?

Now think again if you really need ingame communication with your opponents.

Would that help you enjoy the game more? Really?

Lean back. Think again.

Sheesh - ease up on the snark and disrespect. You seem to be making the assumption that there is no solution to that fringe scenario. Simply make the "emote interface" minimizeable/hidable, and you won't even see it, so if you happen to be playing against such an intrusive opponent, you can fully eliminate that "distraction". Provide a slight sound/tone when you receive a communication - and have that sound be configurable as well.

Lytha;n7232980 said:
Nah, ingame communication, even if restricted to preset one-liners and emotes, would never get abused at all. Never.

Agreed. Plus, if people are so eager to chat with other players, just add them on GoG Galaxy and use third-party voice software to chat while playing!

Game is perfectly fine without in-game chat, emotes or whatsoever. And MOBAs have the most toxic communities higher ranks or not.

pahriah;n7241750 said:
Sheesh - ease up on the snark and disrespect.
Excellent.

Now imagine your opponent is just as sarcastic and ironic in tone as I was in that posting, which you interpreted as "snark" and "disrespect". Would you really love to have in game communication with someone doing just that? Would that improve your quality of life in the game?

And yes, you can even use emote buttons in this way: Feeling annoyed because you made a misplay, and your opponent now has a way to add insult to injury: He can emote some "Great Card" or "Lucky Bastard!" lines immediately to taunt you. That is a most likely scenario, in fact.

So, think again if you really need in game communication?

All that aside - does nobody consider language barriers, particularly if demanding not just emote buttons but free chat? What's with that arrogance that everybody on the world has to speak your own language? Or don't you want to play anyway with that (for example) Japanese kid who's struggling with English at school? Or would you enjoy your opponent writing something in their native language that you don't understand, and which could be anything, be it insult or congrats?

Last edited:
Top Bottom