Game Chat Request Thread

+
LordOcampo;n7242850 said:
Agreed. Plus, if people are so eager to chat with other players, just add them on GoG Galaxy and use third-party voice software to chat while playing!

Game is perfectly fine without in-game chat, emotes or whatsoever. And MOBAs have the most toxic communities higher ranks or not.

Thats just stupid. Why should i press alt tab to chat and then go ingame to play and repeat this over and over? Its irritating and simply makes me not want to play this game at all. Infinity Wars has a ingame chat and it works just fine.
Why do people hate chats so much? They chat on facebook and twitter and on whatsapp all the time, what makes the Gwent chat so potentially bad?

Lytha;n7242940 said:
Excellent.

Now imagine your opponent is just as sarcastic and ironic in tone as I was in that posting, which you interpreted as "snark" and "disrespect". Would you really love to have in game communication with someone doing just that? Would that improve your quality of life in the game?

And yes, you can even use emote buttons in this way: Feeling annoyed because you made a misplay, and your opponent now has a way to add insult to injury: He can emote some "Great Card" or "Lucky Bastard!" lines immediately to taunt you. That is a most likely scenario, in fact.

So, think again if you really need in game communication?

All that aside - does nobody consider language barriers, particularly if demanding not just emote buttons but free chat? What's with that arrogance that everybody on the world has to speak your own language? Or don't you want to play anyway with that (for example) Japanese kid who's struggling with English at school? Or would you enjoy your opponent writing something in their native language that you don't understand, and which could be anything, be it insult or congrats?

Most likely scenario? So you know in advance how other people will use a feature that isnt even in the game yet? And if someone is harassing someone, use the mute button or report function. Those come with every chat.
Alt Tab isnt a solution for me to chat with someone, tried that yesterday and it sucked. What makes the difference here for you if i get to chat ingame with a friend and give him advice and talk about other stuff and sometimes just give gg? Doesnt hurt you, just mute other players.

DirkAustin;n7243560 said:
They chat on facebook and twitter and on whatsapp all the time, what makes the Gwent chat so potentially bad?

There is no comparison. Facebook and WhatsApp are social media where you select whom you accept add requests and chats from. Twitter has a privacy setting that potentially blocks all outsiders away. And neither of those are competitive games where people can get tilted easier than during a lenghty Facebook conversation.

You hate Alt/Tabbing? Use Discord. Voice chat, and it is free.

LordOcampo;n7247980 said:
There is no comparison. Facebook and WhatsApp are social media where you select whom you accept add requests and chats from. Twitter has a privacy setting that potentially blocks all outsiders away. And neither of those are competitive games where people can get tilted easier than during a lenghty Facebook conversation.

You hate Alt/Tabbing? Use Discord. Voice chat, and it is free.

I hate voice chats...thx for forcing me into stuff i dont like because you dont want a chat in this game. You can block people ingame too if a chat was implemented or possibly deactivate the chat entirely. Whats the problem there?

LOL, I am not forcing you into anything. But there are more in favour of not using in-game chat than on your side of the matter. Keep it cool, kid. It is a game we're talking about.

I think it should be included but be optional. That way if someone doesn't want it just turn it off and no problem. But if someone does want it then you have it. It could be great for playing with friends and recording matches with commentary. Definitely a must IMO.

The foregone conclusion may be that Devs will make it available for people on your friend list. A general chat is a recipe for disaster. We don't want this to become another League of Legends.

LordOcampo;n7248480 said:
The foregone conclusion may be that Devs will make it available for people on your friend list. A general chat is a recipe for disaster. We don't want this to become another League of Legends.

Oh stop it with your anti ingame chat rethoric already! What did they ever do to you in a ingame chat that you hate it so much? Not having a ingame chat is like not having internet these days, just cant go without.

DirkAustin;n7248620 said:
Oh stop it with your anti ingame chat rethoric already! What did they ever do to you in a ingame chat that you hate it so much? Not having a ingame chat is like not having internet these days, just cant go without.
I would again like to point out that the people who make you so annoyed here in the forum by disagreeing with you might end up as your opponents in those Gwent matches and that you might not like their communication in game any better than you do in the forum.

It really baffles me that this isn't transparent.

Lytha;n7248920 said:
I would again like to point out that the people who make you so annoyed here in the forum by disagreeing with you might end up as your opponents in those Gwent matches and that you might not like their communication in game any better than you do in the forum.

This isnt a live chat, its a bit different. Here we can disagree with one another, that has nothing to do with how a ingame chat would affect the game. I dont get this anti ingame chat attitude to be honest, but if you think thats its so bad, great, if there is no ingame chat on release i just quit, because its archaic to not have one and annoying to open GOG every time i want to chat with someone im already having a match ingame with.
Exchanging advice, talking about other stuff than Gwent, talking about what strategy someone would like to get to know, its all better done in a chat. It would help new players a lot to just ask someone ingame how to get better or what cards would help their deck.
Btw, people who are new to a game, install it, play it, lose and get frustrated and leave if there is no chat. New players dont go to the forum first or at all. I hardly ever use a games forum if its not a beta like in this case.

Lytha;n7248920 said:

Could be and will be worse... Many people do not participate here...

LordOcampo;n7248260 said:
LOL, I am not forcing you into anything. But there are more in favour of not using in-game chat than on your side of the matter. Keep it cool, kid. It is a game we're talking about.

And how do you come to this conclusion?

Lytha;n7242940 said:
Excellent.

Now imagine your opponent is just as sarcastic and ironic in tone as I was in that posting, which you interpreted as "snark" and "disrespect". Would you really love to have in game communication with someone doing just that? Would that improve your quality of life in the game?

And yes, you can even use emote buttons in this way: Feeling annoyed because you made a misplay, and your opponent now has a way to add insult to injury: He can emote some "Great Card" or "Lucky Bastard!" lines immediately to taunt you. That is a most likely scenario, in fact.

So, think again if you really need in game communication?

All that aside - does nobody consider language barriers, particularly if demanding not just emote buttons but free chat? What's with that arrogance that everybody on the world has to speak your own language? Or don't you want to play anyway with that (for example) Japanese kid who's struggling with English at school? Or would you enjoy your opponent writing something in their native language that you don't understand, and which could be anything, be it insult or congrats?

I'm not sure if you are just being obstinate or what, as you seem to be ignoring suggestions from previous posts.

If these functions were to be optional - things the game gives you ways to ignore or turn off (whatever), in order to allow those who want it to use it, how does that lead to the downside you are describing?

And - if the game allows for emotes or phrases instead of full chat (I would prefer pre-defined phrases), then language is a non issue as well as they'd be handled with localization.

I just played a match tonight, against NR and I faced a gold cascade. I took so long to resolve (as the game followed the chain), I wanted to send something like "I bet you are enjoying this, aren't you . . . ". Pretty harmless - friendly - something I'd say to a friend if I was face-to-face. Adding that controlled, friendly element would elevate this game (IMO) above other similar games. It would make it more enjoyable to me.

If I were to have "chat on" and I was faced with a jackhole, I could then place said jackhole on whatever ignore list the game could provide, and I'd never have to suffer them again. Am I missing anything here?

Top Bottom