Game Chat (Request) Thread

+

Game Chat (Request) Thread

• Total voters
xenogorgeous;n9116970 said:
chat in-game it's not necessary, due the boring salt childish hate comments some players will certainly spread out when losing, so, please, don't do it !

If you had option to disable it why not ? I mean it doesn't affect you in any shape or form while it brings great joy for us that like to talk to our opponent.

SarahAustin;n9116980 said:
if they add trading

I don't think that is going to happen so don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:
lomvicmarko;n9117070 said:
If you had option to disable it why not ? I mean it doesn't affect you in any shape or form while it brings great joy for us that like to talk to our opponent.

if so, if comes as an optional feature and in fact, you can disable any time, and even make some sort of "black list" putting in mute whoever you want, ok , can be done !

xenogorgeous;n9117100 said:
if so, if comes as an optional feature and in fact, you can disable any time, and even make some sort of "black list" putting in mute whoever you want, ok , can be done !

We are not living in 90s, chat comes with all these features.

lomvicmarko;n9117520 said:
As I have seen they won't add match chat which is disappointing to say the least.

Maybe in the future. They better add it, even YGOPro has it and thats not even a official game.

Every online CCG I played had match chat function except heartstone. People here seem to think that if HS doesn't have Gwent doesn't need it either...
Like hearstone is some norm when in reality it is exception to it. Matches in gwent last long enough to have nice chat when we are already at it.
It is also great helping tool for new players, I can't count how many times I just wanted to ask my opponent something, hell that is how I ended
up here on forums.

lomvicmarko;n7758870 said:
I think I read somewhere that devs don't even plan on adding it. I hope this game doesn't follow hearthstone in this matter.

It is very vital part for any game and it is extremely stupid not to have it ability to chat to your opponent. How in hell are we suppose to make friends if those
systems are not included?

How does community feel about this ?

One of the main reason I choose to play Gwent is the absence of any ingame chat.
When I start a match I squelch my opponent even before the mulligan starts, all I want is play a card game in peace, I don't want to be flamed and insulted by everyone I met ingame.

I really hope they never introduce this feature.

Breeze-fc;n9132480 said:
One of the main reason I choose to play Gwent is the absence of any ingame chat.
When I start a match I squelch my opponent even before the mulligan starts, all I want is play a card game in peace, I don't want to be flamed and insulted by everyone I met ingame.

I really hope they never introduce this feature.

Here we go again...

So you don't want us to have option to chat with each other even if you have ability to turn off such feature ?

Last edited:
lomvicmarko;n9132600 said:
Here we go again...

So you don't want us to have option to chat with each other even if you have ability to turn off such feature ?

I don't know what you mean with "Here we go again", the "turn the chat off" option was not included in your question at the first post. (and no, i didn't read the entire thread, I answered directly your original post, as my quote suggests)

In any case I woud have no problem with this option, the important is to have the possibility to mute my opponent.

Because just pege before we had same thing going on(not to mention all other pages), there were even some snowflakes that think we shouldn't have it because
they think it is bad for game but they can't argue since they don't have any real argument so it boils down to "I don't need it there for no one else needs it".
That is why I ask.

lomvicmarko;n9132600 said:

It is very easy to disable such function and you can even blacklist/mute player so if you get to play against them again they will be muted and won't even be able
to use emotes and stuff. It is elegant solution that requires zero moderation it does no harm and yet gives so much.

I would like it, as long as I have to turn it on. Default to disabled if both players turn it on, chat away. Then it would be great to have.

Muted game.

Greets!
Here's my point: there's no chat. No comunications between players, no hello, no tips, no coments, no chat to knows a bit more about our oponent, and why not, to become friends? Isn't it the main goal of the game, before bein the best? To share a cool moment? With cool smileys also! :listen: Those are a great improvement already, so original and diverse, though a bit limited. :)
Now, if some people are rude and insultin, we just need a click to disable the chat, eh. Isn't the witcher reputed for its mature content?
:cheers:

Last edited:
It's better that way, chatting would open the door for cheating.
But I would like to be able to write and save my own taunt (only 1), or a war cry.

text/ voice chat were implemented by the old magic duels of the planeswalker series and actually added to the experience in 2v2 games or complementing an opponent/ give tips. On PC, most people didn't bother plugging in a mic (and the option was there pregame deck select screen to mute incoming mics and text). Text boxes can be closed/ blocked. Bad behavior wrecks the game experience for the opposing player and it can be done despite an emote system - timeout *****s in hearthstone for example

Whilst the function would be nice, it's a low priority IMHO compared to interface issues/ card balancing that I'd like addressing first, esp as over half the community wouldn't use it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom