Game Chat (Request) Thread

+

Game Chat (Request) Thread

• Total voters
Idiotruinsgame;n7787390 said:
There already is a button to say GG... you hit it and move onto the next game.

What are you basing your time and cost for this feature?

Also how is giving an opinion that its not going to be used all that much and when it is mainly for negativity selfish? its an opinion based my own and friends experiences with chatting with random people online. I'm saying what I think of the chat, not calling people that don't agree snowflakes. You want to chat about your games, I don't want to be called a cunt for beating someone so I watch youtube on another screen instead, its not like I'm trying to force people to do that.

As I said I want to do it my self hitting that button is lame. I'm basing it on how any other chat system works. Cost is none people are already paid to develop game and I can bet they can deploy it
in a week and biggest issue would be to Ui placement.

I didn't say people who disagree are snowflakes, but people who think they are somehow going to get abused because of such system are. Also ones who believe that they don't need it so no one else should have it either. Give me proper reason why we shouldn't have it and we can talk about it. I can't think of single case where people who don't want chat are affected by it while gains for people who want it is enormous.

lomvicmarko;n7794620 said:
Give me proper reason why we shouldn't have it and we can talk about it.

Id like a chat or some communication with an option to enable or disable it, but I guess they dont want to do it because of cross-platform and controller limitations. At least some emotes could do it. :sad2:

Chat is 10% of making friends, 90% of shit talking. If you really want to be called names, things and really wanna know what your mom does just because you played some card or deck your opponent didn't like, well okay, have chat, but then we will have QQers in forum that community is toxic and stuff and in the end just more unneeded work for CDPR.

I won't mind emotes if we can disable them those are way more abusive then chat ever can be. I want to ask my opponent(or to be told) if he missclicked his card and it brings new dimension to play. Since in cases like that i can discard my one card to level playing field so its no insta lose and bad match. Having it helps me have better games overall and more pleasurable experience.

I said that only reason we don't have it by is cross platform but that is just them being lazy then. I'm sucks to know that devs don't even plan to enable us this basic thing.

Desolator121;n7797280 said:
Chat is 10% of making friends, 90% of shit talking. If you really want to be called names, things and really wanna know what your mom does just because you played some card or deck your opponent didn't like, well okay, have chat, but then we will have QQers in forum that community is toxic and stuff and in the end just more unneeded work for CDPR.

That is maybe your problem since you get so easily offended and have hard time pressing button called mute/block. It is up you to get offended I personally never experienced
phenomenon called "toxic community" and I'm playing online games for 20 years and yeah its baffling that now in 2017 I have to ask for simple thing called chat.

What work are you talking about. You are given tools to manage what you want to see or not. If they are going to come and QQ then they will be told to use those tools and stop being moms little boys.

I voted for yes but not because I want an ingame chat. More like a message box at the end of the match to send a single(!) text with limited letter count to the opposing player.
Thats all I'd need. Not anything to type while playing but after the match is over to give a short statement of the enemies' plays, combos, w/e. You get the point.

The only sound argument I've heard against having chat is that some people abuse it and/or use it to abuse others. To that I say simply include a mute button i.e. if you no longer want to receive messages from your opponent you can mute them. Heck, it could be an option in settings as in you could auto-mute all your chat, if you're not interested in this kind of thing from the get-go. Essentially what I'm saying is that it's simple to make chat an optional functionality and I for one would love to have it, especially in a slow paced game such as a TCG.

nightweaver;n7759880 said:
I don't see how chat is in any way vital in a non-teamwork game.

The only thing I can see coming from this other then 2 friends that happen to match up, is a BM flame / curse spam marathon like in any competitive game ever.
Rather have them not waste time on a feature most people never use or simple disable completely.

I've played some slow-paced online turn based games before where more often than not chat with strangers didn't turn into "a BM flame / curse spam marathon," but was actually a pleasant and often informative conversation, which in some cases led into online friendships (could lead to real live friendships too, if it weren't for the distances involved lol).

Lim3zer0;n7761700 said:
Forgive the sarcasm here however:
'Yes lets have a warning message pop up to tell players, our community is toxic, if you want to chat that's fine, but its at your own risk'

That is not the way a company should treat is players (and for those who buy kegs, customers)
CDPR have a good healthy relationship with the community and it would be completely out of wack to put a warning message to tell them the community can be toxic. Because the vast majority of us are not toxic.

Adding something in the game itself that can cast the community in a negative light is not a good thing.
You also shouldn't make allowances for toxic players, chat abusers should be dealt with directly (banned from chat, or maybe the game if necessary etc..), you should not compromise the experience of the game because of a minority.
It would also hurt the new player experience.

You don't need a sarcastic message, a simple "Due to our ongoing focus on developing game mechanics to your best satisfaction, we choose not to devote additional said resources into chat moderation. Please use it at your own discretion. If met with abusive behavior on another player's part we suggest you mute the offender. If you want to fully avoid the risk of running into such exchanges we suggest you keep the chat option disabled." Clear, simple, neat, and makes you think they have your interest at heart.

Companies aren't responsible for everything that's said in chat or at least they can make sure they are not responsible by waving said responsibility. Simply put there is no good reason not to have this function other than cross-play imo, the cross-play argument I get in that it's inconvenient to type on a gamepad, that said you can still do it and I'm sure some people would be willing to, so again, why not give them the option.

D0om;n7799850 said:
You don't need a sarcastic message, a simple "Due to our ongoing focus on developing game mechanics to your best satisfaction, we choose not to devote additional said resources into chat moderation. Please use it at your own discretion. If met with abusive behavior on another player's part we suggest you mute the offender. If you want to fully avoid the risk of running into such exchanges we suggest you keep the chat option disabled." Clear, simple, neat, and makes you think they have your interest at heart.

Companies aren't responsible for everything that's said in chat or at least they can make sure they are not responsible by waving said responsibility. Simply put there is no good reason not to have this function other than cross-play imo, the cross-play argument I get in that it's inconvenient to type on a gamepad, that said you can still do it and I'm sure some people would be willing to, so again, why not give them the option.

I thought I explained myself in subsequent posts.
Yes, I exaggerated, but then again I thought that was fairly obvious, and so did not need to be taken so seriously when I wrote it.

If CDPR wish to make this game suitable to warrant a 12+ rating, all aspects need to fulfil that, including a chat. which means CDPR will need to focus some of their efforts towards some form of moderation.

cross-play chat is problematical due to a business stand point. nothing more really.

D0om;n7799790 said:
I've played some slow-paced online turn based games before where more often than not chat with strangers didn't turn into "a BM flame / curse spam marathon," but was actually a pleasant and often informative conversation, which in some cases led into online friendships (could lead to real live friendships too, if it weren't for the distances involved lol).

Finally someone that understands. In other ccgs it happens that my opponent and me would waste timers talking. That reminds me that we need invite to friends button as well.
All we need is self moderation, paying someone to moderate those is stupid no matter how you look at it when you can have system in place that does it perfectly(and for free) and if people
refuse to use it its their damn problem especially if they have option to turn off/mute chat for good. Whole damn UI sucks because it has to accommodate console now we if we don't even
get simple chat because of its it damn retarded and it makes wonder what kind of future this game will have.

If they follow in HS steps and think its fine because it is not there its ok then we are in for some shits and giggles when they start locking cards behind pay wall because that is ok in most popular ccg.

I don't think talking to your opponent is really a great idea, in Hearthstone specifically it's generally just a way for people to grief you after a game. However I do think that it's pretty elementary for them to at some point add a "friends list" in-game that doesn't go through the galaxy client, as well as a way to chat to just my friends. Obviously it's in beta, so it's not a huge deal, but as of now when I play against other friends who are on Gwent, we keep having to tab over to skype in order to talk at all.

... Also I'd kill for a friends spectator mode, but one thing at a time xD

Grief you after game? There is no chat in HS how can you even compare how it would be like. Also I keep repeating my self, how can you get "griefed" unless you allow it.

Talking to opponent is fun and needed. I had dude add me gog to say sorry for roping because something come up. How many times dude made missclick and I wanted to level play field but had no tools to tell him. Sure I'm going to play against some kid once in never but I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind after all those great moments. We need chat in game and in post match screen with add friend button. Having option to disable chat, mute person and then last resort blocking so you don't even get matched with that person in casual.

With options like these how can it be bad idea ?

We are looking into adding some sort of communication between players, however we do not have any details regarding the way it will look/function at the moment.

lomvicmarko;n7797600 said:
That is maybe your problem since you get so easily offended and have hard time pressing button called mute/block. It is up you to get offended I personally never experienced
phenomenon called "toxic community" and I'm playing online games for 20 years and yeah its baffling that now in 2017 I have to ask for simple thing called chat.

What work are you talking about. You are given tools to manage what you want to see or not. If they are going to come and QQ then they will be told to use those tools and stop being moms little boys.

me? nah, I know about those options and I rarely use them, since I can stand for myself, but I seen plenty of other games where chat is everywhere and it's manditory, where you can mute, block and everything, but people still come to cry in forums that they are "oppressed" or they are getting anxiety. It's just the whiners that are the problem with chat. They will always come cry to forum and tell devs to do something, it's just how retarded whiners think, you can tell them there are mute/block functions, but no they will come and cry. Seen it in MMOs, seen it in overwatch and it's the same everywhere

Marcin_Momot;n7802810 said:
We are looking into adding some sort of communication between players, however we do not have any details regarding the way it will look/function at the moment.

That statement is redundant at this point and we are not talking about "some sort of communication" here.

3 months ago

Desolator121;n7803190 said:
me? nah, I know about those options and I rarely use them, since I can stand for myself, but I seen plenty of other games where chat is everywhere and it's manditory, where you can mute, block and everything, but people still come to cry in forums that they are "oppressed" or they are getting anxiety. It's just the whiners that are the problem with chat. They will always come cry to forum and tell devs to do something, it's just how retarded whiners think, you can tell them there are mute/block functions, but no they will come and cry. Seen it in MMOs, seen it in overwatch and it's the same everywhere

Exactly, but why should we all stay silent because of unreasonable people ? There are always going to be people complaining about bunch of things even when they are proven wrong that is just insanity, and we would be even more insane to bow down to such behavior. Don't you agree ?

In this game all you are going to see is light trash talk at most that is it we are not playing long games its not team based so weakest link doesn't get other guys loss etc. Opponents mistake is my luck
and salt/tears are my drugs.

Marcin_Momot;n7802810 said:

Please don't dumb it down to an emote system, we need a proper chat. I think people think highly of CDPR as a developer, think highly of your customers in return and please give us a tool to communicate for grown ups. As it's been said before those who don't want to use it, simply can opt out, others would be very happy I'm sure.

Top Bottom