Game Chat (Request) Thread

+

Game Chat (Request) Thread

• Total voters
lomvicmarko;n9040550 said:
If you want it to remain like that you just turn it off, why us who want it have to suffer because you don't want us to talk. Your argument is weak at best.

In other CCGs that I played that supported chat function I met friends first day of playing and had lots of memories as stuns jokingly said, but its true.
In Gwent 5 months down and my friend list is empty. Sure it is not team game but it is online game and interaction is just as important to some of us.

Gog chat capabilities ? are you kidding :rly?:

Weak? What's wrong with "Chat AFTER a battle"? So sorry you suffer! Keeping it simple assures a wider range of users(Young and otherwise). We can do without the dirty and conflictual comments that make mankind seem so utterly chaotic. Chat after battle assures all users the right to deny an angry opponent their rage speech. Honorable opponents can respectfully give advice or praise their skill. Opponents can be friended or ignored. Chat during timed battle is senseless, especially to those who take ranking seriously. If your friends list is empty, then try writing down your opponent's name and friend them on GOG. It's not hard. ;-)

It can go either way - some talk to much, others not enough.
Not a fan of voice chats. People use voice activated and you can hear the radio, their family, the dog, ...

I like the idea of more options, but I'd like to be able to set it all to ignore or partial ignore. And on the fly, don't want to end a match before I can use the mute or hide chat option.

People are known to lose their nerves over chat. Just like when you see that your opponent had a horrible hand, win 2 in a row and throw him a GG for shits and giggles. The less interaction the players have during the match the better. There could be chat room in the menu perhaps but I would most likely disable that too.

They definitly should improve the social features of Gwent but I'm not a fan of in game chat with your unknown opponent. To make it simple, they should do it exactly like Hearthstone (no shame in taking good ideas where they are). Atm, it's really boring not to be able to run many games against a friend for example (you always have to invite again and not alt-tab because it causes bugs). Same way, the GG chat sucks big time, they should add an ig chat cause it's very boring to switch to the chat window all the time.

I'm conflicted here. Even ten-15 years ago, in game chat rooms were iffy, in my opinion. But you needed something to do during downtime during or between games. There isn't so much downtime anymore, though. Adding another avenue for the salt to get in could noisy ruin anyone's day at any time.

But then again, they have things like the good game feature that I think helps to diffuse some of that salt.

Friending Players in Gwent: How to

I've seen over a dozen posts in the forum with individuals upset because they want chat and demand that the Dev's cook it up for them.

In case you don't know already...there is already chat capability. I'm surprised to find that there is no topic on this subject yet, especially for PC players.

To friend an opponent, write down their game ID after battle, during the rewards section. Press the "Windows" button to access your desktop and minimize the game.

Go into GOG Galaxy and click the friend icon in the top right corner. Click "+". Add the name and then maximize Gwent again. You may have to restart Gwent, but you should be able to find the added players in friend battle and the GOG in game chat feature IF the player accepted. A lot of times, you'll have to wait for it...

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
LordRahl3000;n9041210 said:
Weak? What's wrong with "Chat AFTER a battle"? So sorry you suffer! Keeping it simple assures a wider range of users(Young and otherwise). We can do without the dirty and conflictual comments that make mankind seem so utterly chaotic. Chat after battle assures all users the right to deny an angry opponent their rage speech. Honorable opponents can respectfully give advice or praise their skill. Opponents can be friended or ignored. Chat during timed battle is senseless, especially to those who take ranking seriously. If your friends list is empty, then try writing down your opponent's name and friend them on GOG. It's not hard. ;-)

Yes weak, you argue that because you don't want it no one else should have it. I find my self repeating my self so many times is this thread.
There is no downside to chat system and no one was able to provide single reason why we shouldn't have it. All issue you mention
are fixed by option to turn off your chat or muting player....

Thing is I have no reason to write down nick and add person when i haven't exchanged a single word with person.

LordRahl3000

I assume most PC players are already aware of this, but they either:
- want integrated chat (to avoid alt-tabbing and such)
- don't want to befriend other players just to chat with them once

It has already come up a few times in the thread I've merged your post with.

4RM3D;n9048580 said:
LordRahl3000

I assume most PC players are already aware of this, but they either:
- want integrated chat (to avoid alt-tabbing and such)
- don't want to befriend other players just to chat with them once

It has already come up a few times in the thread I've merged your post with.

A pc tech support suggestion belongs in an all platform thread? I only game on PC, so other platform capabilities are not my area of expertise. Placing my post under this thread only serves to instigate players from other platforms arguing their point for another platform lacking in capability. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. Your other argument is that PC players are typically too lazy to press two buttons simultaneously. Please remove my account and delete all previous posts. Ban me if you like. I won't be back.

Wow you are so easily upset, chill out plus your message will reach more people here then in pc tech support. 4RM3D did you a favor.
But we all know about GoG "awesome" chat capabilities we don't need education on it.

Chat hype!

So we finally seem to get a chat! Change of heart for CDPR? Wonder how come? Im glad tho. Now we need as general chat and then add trading cards for scraps or other materials and a trade chat.

What has the world come down to? SarahAustin has actually made a positive comment for once. Hold the phone, I gotta call the press and ask for a front page article about this.

Okay, okay, enough joking. Ahem, thread merged.

If CDPR should learn one thing from HS, and just 1 thing, is that chat is not needed in any way shape or form. Add it so you can chat with your friend list, or something the like, but dont add a generic chat during games to communicate with your opponent, nor an end of the game chat so you can leave your salty comment before leaving.

Or if you do, add a permadisable chat option. Thanks.

chat in-game it's not necessary, due the boring salt childish hate comments some players will certainly spread out when losing, so, please, don't do it !

Sheva007;n9116680 said:
If CDPR should learn one thing from HS, and just 1 thing, is that chat is not needed in any way shape or form. Add it so you can chat with your friend list, or something the like, but dont add a generic chat during games to communicate with your opponent, nor an end of the game chat so you can leave your salty comment before leaving.

Or if you do, add a permadisable chat option. Thanks.

There is a chat coming now, and its good. Just need more chat rooms. And salty comments? How about muting those? Every game with a chat system has a mute button as well as a report button for the severe cases.
80% of chats are good, so why not add a chat because the rest are a bunch of trolls? General chat, whisper, match chat and friend chat are must haves and if they add trading which i hope they do, trade chat. Disable any chat you dont use and its all good.

SarahAustin;n9116980 said:
General chat, whisper, match chat and friend chat are must haves and if they add trading which i hope they do, trade chat. Disable any chat you dont use and its all good.

General chat and match chat are not a must, as other games have demonstrated. Trade chat is not an option since this is a CCG, not a TCG. Only friend chat is something important that should be added.

If any of the rest is introduced into the game, add an option to completely disable it, i´m fine with it.

Top Bottom