Game crash and don't recognize as installed on Steam

+
Hi, first time I tried the game it worked fine, but when I exited the game the whole PC crashed. The screen went grey (if I remember correctly), and there was nohting else to do but to turn off the computer.
Next day I wanted to try again, but the game had to be reinstalled, and downloaded again, in Steam. Maybe the download would'nt have been necessary if there was enough space on the harddrive, but there wasn't. So I had to delete the game to free up space, then download and install again.
I did that, upon exit from the game, the PC crashed again, started up again, Steam said I had to re-download the game again.

I didn't have the newest Nvidia drivers the first time, but the second time I had the newest.

Any fix for these issues?

The game does need a lot of free space on your harddrive. I read on the GOG support website that the game needs a similar amount of additional free space to unpack the installation files (basically, you'd need around 2x the installation size on your harddrive). Maybe a bit more free space helps with the installation? It could explain why Steam doesn't recognize the game anymore (very strange...).

The fact that your PC crashes that hard might also indicate some sort of hard drive issue.
Do you have a second hard drive to try?

The game takes up about 60Gb in the harddrive.
Haven't really had time to try much, but I will try to use another disk to see if it works.

Top Bottom