Game crashes after loading

+
The game just crashes the moment I press the spacebar to go into the game
Crash report:
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.release\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
Line: 41

At first and if it's not already done, you can follow these steps provide by CDPR
(and especially a clean reinstallation of your drivers and verifying the game files)
Post automatically merged:

And for a "clean reinstall" of your drivers :
Have you tried to clean install your GPU drivers? And by "clean install" I do not mean setting the checkmark when installing a new driver, but actually using DDU for that.

Also remember to:
  • do those things in safe mode
  • disable Window's automatic driver install thingy since you will end up installing one driver on top of another
This video will walk you through the steps if you are unsure:

Last edited:
The game just crashes the moment I press the spacebar to go into the game
Crash report:
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.release\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
Line: 41
In addition to what others have advised, If you happen to have a 'Windows Restore Point' of before this occurrence, consider to roll your system back to that time. Chances are the game will play normally again. Just type, "Restore", in your system's search query, and it'll take you to it.

Top Bottom