Game Crashes at Text Messages Screen

+
The game crashes whenever the text messages screen is opened. This bug occurs only after El Capitan Reyes sends a text message about the new apartments available for purchase, which happens immediately after talking to Takemura in the "Playing for Time" job. Every save thereafter has this bug and the messages screen is inaccessible.

I have tried updating Nvidia drivers, verifying game files and reinstalling the game, none of which have worked for me.

Would appreciate any help as I can't complete the game due to this bug.

Last edited:
Annoying :(
Did you use mods, currently or in the past ?
Instead of accessing to messages from the phone, if you read messages from the Menu>Journal>Messages (except El Capitan ones), it crash too ?

This happened before I had mods installed, but be sure I tried without the mods enabled and the problem persisted. It happens whichever way the messages screen is accessed.

I've also noticed that the journal may also be affected by this bug (CTD on opening), and it only happens intermittently after receiving a new job. The workaround is to reload a save before the bug started, and keep reloading until the mission pops up and doesn't cause the bug.

I have tried updating Nvidia drivers, verifying game files and reinstalling the game, none of which have worked for me.
Did you delete the Cyberpunk 2077 game folder prior to reinstalling the game? Sounds like something got corrupted. I would suggest that you first delete the Cyberpunk 2077 game folder which you can find here if on Steam.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

Then delete what's left of the game on Steam. Then reinstall.

Did you delete the Cyberpunk 2077 game folder prior to reinstalling the game? Sounds like something got corrupted. I would suggest that you first delete the Cyberpunk 2077 game folder which you can find here if on Steam.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

Then delete what's left of the game on Steam. Then reinstall.
Maybe also check if there is no remaining "Cyberpunk folders/files" after uninstalling the game in the AppDatas folder :)

Deleted the Cyberpunk 2077 folder prior to reinstalling the game, and so far that seems to have done the trick. Thank you for your help!
Spoke too soon; it didn't work. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom