Game crashes during second loading screen

+
Game crashes during second loading screen

I just bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition on steam and after I complete the first area, when i'm supposed to go with Leo into the citadel, I click on the door, and it goes into the loading screen but then the music stops and the game crashes. I have to play the first part over and over every time i try to fix it. But for some reason it keeps my mouse sensitivity preferences in options. I've tried running the game in compat. mode, I've run it as an admin, I've done the -dontforceminreqs thing. I'm not good with stuff like this at all and I have no idea what else to do. I can't find any other fixes relevant to me in forums and no one is answering in steam forums. please help!

Last edited:
Witcher EE crashing at saves.

Game is crashing at auto-save at second loading screen which wouldn't be a problem because i can turn off auto-save, except i can't manually save without it crashing. Game is bought on steam.

Are you using any mods? If yes, disable them and see if that helps.

Have you tried fully reinstalling the game, or using the "Verify integrity of game cache" option that Steam offers? Either of those procedures might be helpful.

PS. Merged your threads into one, since they're about the same issue.

Top Bottom