Game crashes on "The Pickup"

+
Intel i5
Nvidia RTX 2060
16gb ram

To keep it short and sweet, when I enter All Foods after talking to the maelstrom on the intercom, the game promptly crashes when me or Jackie (not sure which one) reaches a certain place inside the building. Not too far, roughly 3-5 metres in.

You have mods on? Try to verify your game files.
I do not have mods on, I've tried verifying my game files. I've got the recent drivers installed. Not entirely sure what I could do about this or whether it's my own problem or an issue with the game. I used to get softlocked in Wakako's office when I arrived there with Takemura, so I had to start the story all over again. Sucks.

Hm. Curious. Especially if you can reproduce these crashes reliably, send it in to CDPR Support, and include a saved game.

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

I do not have mods on, I've tried verifying my game files. I've got the recent drivers installed. Not entirely sure what I could do about this or whether it's my own problem or an issue with the game. I used to get softlocked in Wakako's office when I arrived there with Takemura, so I had to start the story all over again. Sucks.
Very strange. Never heard anyone else mentioning this before. Consider reporting your issue as a bug-report here.
Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

I did not. Does this make a difference in some situations?
Heh -- anything might potentially make a huge difference. Games like this rarely connect mechanically in ways that seem logically sensible.

However, what you're describing seems extremely particular. If it's happening reliably, you may have simply stumbled on a really obscure bug.

Heh -- anything might potentially make a huge difference. Games like this rarely connect mechanically in ways that seem logically sensible.

However, what you're describing seems extremely particular. If it's happening reliably, you may have simply stumbled on a really obscure bug.
Welp, tried it during the night as well and nothing changed, crashed as per usual. Guess I'll wait for support to respond to me and maybe they can help with this.

Very weird, I'm not an expert but if your game crash only when entering in All Foods (where, there is nothing particular) and not at all elsewhere (like Kabuki roundabout where there are many NPC, cars, lights...)
For me, it sound like there is missing files.
But if you have already verified the game's files, I don't know :(

Very weird, I'm not an expert but if your game crash only when entering in All Foods (where, there is nothing particular) and not at all elsewhere (like Kabuki roundabout where there are many NPC, cars, lights...)
For me, it sound like there is missing files.
But if you have already verified the game's files, I don't know :(
Yeah -- it sounds like something is very specifically missing, or the game is making a very specific call for something that's not available. (I mean, granted, that's all bugs, in the end. But I just think this situation will be fairly easy to track down. Here's my guess -- upon entering the All Foods, the player character is supposed to receive a communication, and that file is conflicting with something that's supposed to trigger when you enter the plant. I think it's two things in the game trying to simultaneously use the same function. That's just a wild guess, though, based on the smell. It could be just one of Jackie's dialogue files that got corrupted or something.)

Last edited:
Yeah -- it sounds like something is very specifically missing, or the game is making a very specific call for something that's not available. (I mean, granted, that's all bugs, in the end. But I just think this situation will be fairly easy to track down. Here's my guess -- upon entering the All Foods, the player character is supposed to receive a communication, and that file is conflicting with something that's supposed to trigger when you enter the plant. I think it's two things in the game trying to simultaneously use the same function. That's just a wild guess, though, based on the smell. It could be just one of Jackie's dialogue files that got corrupted or something.)
I assume it was a corrupted file, upon verifying my game files for the 4th time, I was finally able to enter All Foods without crashing. Preem. Just odd how it didn't fix anything the first three times. Go figure.

Top Bottom