Game crashes when i take the ride with Dex.

+

CEAN0

Forum regular
OK so I'm back after several month away from CP2077, started a new game and when i meet Dex the first time and go for a ride with him to get the info about the heist job the game crashes after a while in the car, have tried several times and the same thing every time.

(have sent in crash reports)

EDIT 1: I have tried the Verify / Repair in GOG but that don't help.

EDIT 2: I have never had any problems with this game before, but with the latest patches the game has just gone down hill.

Last edited:
Checked graphics drivers all up to date? Also maybe try toggling video options temporarily (RTX off/on, DLSS off/on), and no overclocking? I had a spate of crashes with latest patch and seemed to be linked to how hard the graphics card was being pushed - I hadn't changed anything but game seemed to prefer a little less demand on the card.

Game doesnt like overclocking at all, i crash ALOT more when i overclock my gpu even if its stable in other games. Think its cuz the added strain on RTX/DLSS for me. I generaly have to push my power slider + oc mem+core to see these kinda watt numbers so when i oc too it just pulls to much power and crashes is my guess.

Game doesnt like overclocking at all, i crash ALOT more when i overclock my gpu even if its stable in other games. Think its cuz the added strain on RTX/DLSS for me. I generaly have to push my power slider + oc mem+core to see these kinda watt numbers so when i oc too it just pulls to much power and crashes is my guess.
Yeah, I have RTX2060, and used to run an 'OC-scanned' curve from Afterburner with power limit set at 117%, but straightaway hit frequent crashes from patch 1.23. Turned power limit back down to 100% and all OK. And game runs pretty well as well, though tend not to use RTX anymore.

My maxed power limit is 123% and that around 480w of power pull. if i just max that slider i se 450-460w usage with just boost clocks(water cooled gpu so power draw limits boost) Ive never seen it that high before without Ocing the core+memory too so this game uses alot of extra power to run ^^ Thats with DLSS+RTX and maxed gfx settings

OK so I'm back after several month away from CP2077, started a new game and when i meet Dex the first time and go for a ride with him to get the info about the heist job the game crashes after a while in the car, have tried several times and the same thing every time.

(have sent in crash reports)

EDIT 1: I have tried the Verify / Repair in GOG but that don't help.

EDIT 2: I have never had any problems with this game before, but with the latest patches the game has just gone down hill.
Add some details ;)
Yours specs ? Win version ? Specific message for the crash (other than "Cyberpunk has flatlined") ? You have reinstall the game or simply update it to 1.23 ?
It only occurs during the ride with Dex ? If you walk around (to Kabuki roundabout for example), the game don't crash ?
If yes, that's seem to me to be very familiar to "missing files" :(

CEAN0

Forum regular
My Rig & Spec's!

I have all drivers up to date for both hardware and software like i always have, don't overclock and have never done it.
Reinstalling the game from scratch now, sins verify and repair don't fix the issue.

My Rig & Spec's!

I have all drivers up to date for both hardware and software like i always have, don't overclock and have never done it.
Reinstalling the game from scratch now, sins verify and repair don't fix the issue.
Better to know :)
Weird :(
And when the game crashes, you have a specific message (or simply the usefull message "Cyberpunk has Flatlined - for unexpected reason").

Also if you press the "what is beeing sent" you can see the stacktrace and so on, should say why the game crashed in those text documents.

CEAN0

Forum regular
Well i am going to start up the game now after reinstalling it, will come back in a moment with and update.

EDIT 1: After reinstalling the game it seams to run flawless again (y) must have been some corrupted or missing file(s) that verify and repair did not catch.

Down below is the content of the CrashInfo.json i did get before.

{
"RootType": "gameTelemetryPostMortemContainer",
"Data": {
"postMortem": {
"crashVisitId": "8d1a2144-be9b-4d17-bfe5-6f85425d54cc",
"playthroughId": "6103e624511a0ba0",
"crashVersion": "3413222",
"crashPatch": "1.23",
"timeCrash": "2021-08-08T08:34:07Z",
"trackedQuest": {
"name": "q001_02_dex",
"objectiveName": "ride_with_dex",