Game Crashes when trying to enter the Cemetary or the Sewer

+
I started a new game, then loaded one of my saves from the previous game that was crashing. The game still crashed. Do you think I should delete the game and reinstall it?

Are you only crashing there ? (sorry, i am a bit lazy, dont want to read it all) Licaon is on leave, so i will pick up for him, but i will need the help from you peeps so i can help all of you... Just please give me a brief explanation of the problems + what Licaon or others made you try and, i will try to solve it :)

Game crashes when I try to enter the cemetary or the sewer. Started in act 2 and continues to crash in act 3. My system should handle the game. I installed 1.3 patch before I started to play. I made sure I had the latest drivers, eliminated some games and defrag the system.

Your second file, does not open, i've managed to open it with html extension tho :) I cannot run pc wizard so, could you save the file under another format (html maybe ? ) and if you cant attach it here, sent it to my email (in my sig) I will hve a look :)

I tried it with the virus turned off and it still crashesI am sorry Mobidoy, can you give me your email address (can't find your sig)

Hi Mobidoy, I sent the info yesterday and got a email from Christen Parent the he got it. i explained my problem. Hopefully you guys can help as it looks like I am not the only person with this issue. Thanks.

This Christian Parent is me :) I am alone doing it :) Sorry for me taking so long, and forgetting those things, i am under heavy pain killers :) I try to do my best so, the way i type things may not make sense but, dont worry, it is only a brain to keyboard problem :) If you are unsure of one thing, just ask me again :) And yes, i have seen your file... i think lol... i will come back to you with an answer soon :)

Have not heard back from Mobidoy on any other suggestions on how to fix the crashing in the cemetary or the sewers. Anyone else have any ideas?I went to the event viewer to find the description of the error. It is: Faulting application witcher.exe, version 1.3.0.1198, faulting module witcher.exe, version 1.3.0.1198, fault address 0x0030d8f4. Does this help?

Hi Guys(Sorry if this is in the wrong topic area) I am having trouble playing the Witcher Enhanced edition and I am hoping you could help me out.I played all through Chapter 1 with no crashes / no problems at all, all settings up to max! Now in Chapter two, the dungeon part at the start is fine, i tested this by walking around for a while SmileyBut when i get into the sewers the games crashes about 30 seconds or so into it.Not always at the same location in the sewers but consistently enough about 20-30 seconds into it.Yesterday it stayed for about 2 minutes, which was unusual, i thought i had fixed the issue but then it crashed.When i loaded the game again, without changing anything, the game crashed after about 30 seconds. This locks up my machine meaning i have to switch the power off and then back on to be able to do anything. Now i have looked at the various forms and tried most of the suggestions there but still no joy. Here are the specs:Vista 32x Home Premium4GB Ram8800GT Nividia Graphics x2 (SLI) Let me know if you need any more specs? The machine is more or less brand new and everything is pretty high spec..i have installed / played a few other games (old and new) on it with no problems. I am assuming this could be a graphics issue, what do you think? I have antiliasing turned off both in the game settings and global graphic card settings.I have latest patch for witcher (1.4)I have the latest Vista updates (Incl SP1)I have latest Nvidia drivers I have set page file to 4096I have also emptied the save game folder to all but one file (my last save in the sewers).I have tried opening a previous save (from Chapter 1) and playing through to the sewers but i get the same crash as soon as i get to the seweresI have also tried this on the lowest settings, eg everything switched off / lowest value but no difference. I may have left a few things out here believe it or not!Plese let me know if you need any more information or have any further suggestions. Thank YouStevious

If you die with trainer ( trainer makes you not die but you are dead actualy ) game will crash after few secods - minutes. And if you use trainer too long game starts to lag and crushes too. Also Drowner spawning would be the problem try useing lower graphic settigs. I didnt laged on highest graphic settings only in chapter V when all streets was full of solders that were fighting ( so more monsters more lags ). Most anoying thing heppened to me is that, when i was saveing game crushed. It heppens pretty often.

Thank You to VOYLODIONI actually hadnt come accross that post before.I got nHancer and tweked it a bit which bought me a little more time in the sewers (Maybe 5 or 10 mins with no crash)Although i discovered if i save the game every 5 minutes or so i can seem to play on and on....Now i am in Vizma, all me settings back up to max, nHancer turned off and no crashes at all...Weird:)I hope I dont hvae to go back to the sewers!!Thanks once again for your help

Hey, guys:If I try to enter the sewers in the Trade Quarter during Act II, the game crashes. Anyone else experience this problem? I'm running XP SP3 with 8800GTS 512MB, 4GB RAM (3.5 recognized). I purchased Witcher EE via Steam. At the very least, please tell me that NOT being able to enter the sewers won't prevent me from completing the game. If that's the case, I can just skip any side quests that may be in there and not worry about it.Thanks so much!AFPS--Oh, and I'm using version 178.13 drivers with my 8800.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Did you do sys op maintenance procedures prior to installing game? Did you do pagefile rebuild trick prior? All updates and latest drives installed for your computer? Anti-Aliasing turned off? If you have something known as SLI mode for your vid card turn it off when playing the game. Did you turn off Depth of field in game options advanced tab? Did you try turning down settings in game options advanced tab to medium quality in other tricks didn't work?

Top Bottom