Game Crashes when trying to enter the Cemetary or the Sewer

+
Oh, you don't know what I've gone through to solve the problem. In addition to reinstalling the game three times, I reformatted my HD and *reinstalled Win XP*, and also *bought entirely new memory.* This is all true.The game still crashes at the sewers. ;DPS--Oh, and now it also crashes when I try to enter the cemetery in the Trade Quarter. Sigh. Please, somebody at CD Projekt, HELP.

Thanks, guys. I'll run PC Wizard and attach my specs and the error log.Also note that I've tried turning down ALL the graphics settings as low as they go, turning off the sound, and running the game in windowed mode at 800x600 resolution. Still crashes. :(

Well, here's the Witcher error log and the report from PC Wizard, although PC Wizard didn't actually put anything in the report, other than the version of Windows I'm using. So not sure how that's supposed to help....? So now I guess I need help using PC Wizard. Sigh.

Here's a screenshot of my hardware info from PC Wizard, since saving a report doesn't actually save anything except Windows info. Better than nothing, I guess.Thanks...

Attirex said:
Here's a screenshot of my hardware info from PC Wizard, since saving a report doesn't actually save anything except Windows info. Better than nothing, I guess....
do try the older version of PCWizard too ( it's linked on that page ;) )do read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and try the fix for the IFO error

Ah, the older version of PC Wizard worked. Attached is an updated report file.I don't think the IFO fix will work for me. I don't have any saved game files with the ".sav" extension. I have only .qst files, and a couple .qdm and .smm files. :(

Attirex said:
Ah, the older version of PC Wizard worked. Attached is an updated report file.I don't think the IFO fix will work for me. I don't have any saved game files with the ".sav" extension. I have only .qst files, and a couple .qdm and .smm files. :(
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\The Witcher\temp\saves\(name of your savegame)Vista: C:\user\(your user name)\Application Data\witcher\temp\save\(the name of your save game)
those folders should be EMPTY

Attirex said:
Really? There are probably 100+ .qst files in there. Is that bad?
that folder should be empty, if the game crashed while running some files would be left theredo move those files somewhere for backup purposes just in case, and retry

Holy crap! That worked!Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!If I get my wife pregnant, I'm gonna name our first-born child "Licaon." ;D

Hopefully some one here can help, everytime I try and enter the sewers or cemetary the game shuts down but the rest of the game runs fine please help I am in chapter three and would hate to have to start all over again :'(Do not use nondescript titles. Title changed

There should be a thread on that in this forum already dealing with this issue, try using the search function.

This is my first time posting on the boards, and I don't want to just complain about the game, so I have to say...this is one of the best CRPG's I've ever played...probably the best since Planescape: Torment.However, I'm having a problem at the moment, and I'm praying that I won't be forced to give up the game.I'm in Chapter III, on the Lock and Key quest. I've entered into the sewers to meet Declan's informant, who's supposed to lead me into the restricted zone. I entered the sewers through the Temple Quarter, and found him and his buddies standing below a grate. I talk to them, a cut-scene appears and they put a ladder up, and tell me to go up. I click on the ladder, and the loading screen appears. It goes maybe 20% of the way into loading, then the screen goes black, and I crash to desktop. A dialog window appears, informing me that the Witcher has encountered an error, and do I want to send a log to Microsoft?I tried reloading the game twice, and got the same crash. I then tried loading from a slightly earlier saved game, right after I entered the sewers, and it still crashes. Then, I rebooted my machine, loaded that earlier save, and it still crashes. This is a main quest, and I can't move further in the game if I can't get by it.Does anyone have a clue as to what I'm supposed to do to get around this, or fix this problem?I'm running an: AMD Athlon 3500+2 gigs RAMWindows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3ASUS GeForce 7600GT video cardSound Blaster Audigy sound cardThe game is installed on hard drive#2, which has 400 GB of free space.My Windows installation (and Witcher saves) are on hard drive#1, which has 7 GB of space left.I've got the Witcher (UK version) upgraded to version 1.4.5.1303I also have the Hotfix installed for EAX, but it made the sound worse, so I've turned EAX off.If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.This crash occurred on 7/4/2009.Thanks,Banshee16P.S. Here are the details from my "errlog.txt" file:[MOD]ATTACH not paste the errlog[/MOD]

Have you tried the IFO module fix?Also, have you tried knocking the graphics down? Our video card really doesn't like Act III. Especially Depth of Field and Anti-Aliasing. Both should be off in Acts III and V.

What is the IFO module fix? I haven't heard of that.I haven't tried lowering the graphics. Do you think that could make a difference? I'd be interested in knowing what the IFO module fix is, though./updateK, I did a search for IFO module error, and found the description in another post. Tried it, and it worked!Thanks for your help!Banshee[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

Top Bottom