RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4;
Disk: 1TB WD10EZEX HDD;
PSU: COUGAR VTE600 CGR BS-600, 600W.
Game version: Steam:The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt + DLC

Red Engine Crash Log
--------------------------------------
Build: Not Set [ Compiled Nov 4 2018 ]

User: pc

Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error writing location 0x00000080

Crashed Thread:

Thread ID: 3904

callstack:
RtlEnterCriticalSection() + 0xd - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb99894 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb6eb60 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x5f434d - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x5f42a7 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x5f3e43 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x2cab60 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x6c27b - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x6a7f3 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x90678 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x961e8 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x95afc - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x8f716 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x86a2e - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::System::~System() + 0x3741fa - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::System::~System() + 0x3748c6 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::System::~System() + 0x37760a - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x123b46 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x122084 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0xc33b7 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x1259 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x428ad - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x166f - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0x196c - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0x23dcf8 - <Unknown File>(0)
BaseThreadInitThunk() + 0x14 - <Unknown File>(0)
RtlUserThreadStart() + 0x21 - <Unknown File>(0)

Debug Information
================================================================

Commandline: "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64\witcher3.exe"

Thread ID: 9960

callstack:

Thread ID: 5588

callstack:
<Unknown Symbol>() + 0x0 - <Unknown File>(0)
MsgBlobCreateStack() + 0x3465 - <Unknown File>(0)
MsgBlobCreateStack() + 0x26eb - <Unknown File>(0)
CreateHeatGripServiceClient() + 0x1e0e - <Unknown File>(0)
CreateHeatGripServiceClient() + 0x1c69 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 6164

callstack:
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xb94e07 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xba4420 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0x2463a7 - <Unknown File>(0)
Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::prepend() + 0x24654e - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 6856

callstack:
Scaleform::Render::Matrix4x4<float>::SetIdentity() + 0xba4420 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 10156

callstack:

Thread ID: 7924

callstack:
DllUnregisterServer() + 0x45ad - <Unknown File>(0)
DllUnregisterServer() + 0x48a6 - <Unknown File>(0)

Thread ID: 2996

callstack:

Thread ID: 4060

callstack:

Thread ID: 4184

callstack:

Thread ID: 8800

callstack:

Thread ID: 1876

callstack:

Thread ID: 2144

callstack:

Thread ID: 3724

callstack:

Thread ID: 4860

callstack:

Game

Recently, I played for almost 3 hours without a break, enjoying the game. Then I decided to take a break and install the mods. Everything was fine until I reached the bloody baron: When I started the game, where I am standing at the gate with the task of the pillar, after 30 minutes the game crashed with the same error (3221225477). I thought that it was because of the video driver and I installed version 19.10.1 and it just got worse: the game completely stopped running. Then I decided to install 19.9.2 back, but nothing changed. I deleted the save folder, along with the game settings, but it didn’t work. After that, I decided to reinstall the game, after installation it started, but when I started a new game, after the splash screen the game crashed with the same error. The mods folder has not been deleted, I will try to reinstall and start the game without mods. This is probably due to the fact that I need to delete the cache, but I do not know how. I also thought that this was because the video card was bad and I decided to overclock it, and at some point the game started, I even managed to create a new game and play a little, but it was late in the evening and I went to bed. In the morning, crashes started again. Because of this garbage, I already wanted to return the money and download the pirate, but it was too late, and still decided to write here myself. I tried to start the game without mods, after it did not start with mods, without reinstalling the game, it did not start in the same way as with mods.

Now I'm waiting for the game to reinstall completely and start it without mods.

P.S.: Modifications did not conflict.

All the software that the game needs is already downloaded, otherwise I would not have played 3 hours without a break.
Post automatically merged:

Mod list: Always Full Exp, Auto Apply Oils, Map Quest Objectives (standart), More Money For Traders, Over 9000, Unlimited Durability and Increased Creature Loot (2_ICL).

THE NEW ERROR

I remembered that after a while I installed the driver version 19.10.1 again, the game did not start. Then again back to 19.9.2, the same problem.

Attachments

• crashinfo.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
This will be a modding-related issue, almost assuredly. We'll relocate this there. Just a few things to note:

1.) Once you have modded your game, there are most often changes that will remain resident in your save-state. That means that even if you remove mods and reinstall the game, the save file will forever have modded data in it. Can't undo this without starting a new game.

2.) Load order is important for modding. Ensure that you've read the descriptions of each mod and that they are arranged correctly.

3.) I would recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller to clean out your drive, then installing a driver version you know was working well with the game before. Be sure to use the CLEAN installation option. I'd also install / repair all of the Microsoft Redistributables that come with the installation package. If the game is installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86), move it to the root of your driver or a folder of your own creation. Lastly, ensure the ...\Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder has its Permissions set to "Everyone". (This should ensure you're in a good spot to start troubleshooting.)

This will be a modding-related issue, almost assuredly. We'll relocate this there. Just a few things to note:

1.) Once you have modded your game, there are most often changes that will remain resident in your save-state. That means that even if you remove mods and reinstall the game, the save file will forever have modded data in it. Can't undo this without starting a new game.

2.) Load order is important for modding. Ensure that you've read the descriptions of each mod and that they are arranged correctly.

3.) I would recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller to clean out your drive, then installing a driver version you know was working well with the game before. Be sure to use the CLEAN installation option. I'd also install / repair all of the Microsoft Redistributables that come with the installation package. If the game is installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86), move it to the root of your driver or a folder of your own creation. Lastly, ensure the ...\Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder has its Permissions set to "Everyone". (This should ensure you're in a good spot to start troubleshooting.)

I get the point! I had the swap file removed and the game ran out of memory for this reason, now everything works. But thanks for the responsiveness.

Top Bottom