Game crashing at start-up on Xbox One

+
Game crashing at start-up on Xbox One

Hey - I'm really hoping somebody here can help me. I love Witcher 3 and I'm half way through Blood and Wine on my Xbox, but now when I return to the game the disc won't load: I see a white screen with Geralt's face on it, then the screen goes black, before returning me to my Xbox home screen.

At first I thought the disc was damaged, so I bought a brand new one - but exactly the same thing happened with the new disc. I know the Xbox is working fine because other game discs play without a problem.

I've tried all the usual stuff like unplugging the Xbox, doing a full powerdown, and logging out and then logging back in. I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Also, I now have an extra copy of the game if anybody wants one :)

Thanks - I'll contact RED and see if they can help - unfortunately clearing the cache didn't fix it, although it has helped in the past :)

Pushing this thread up, because I encountered the exactly same problem.
I didn't log in into W3 for a few months and thought 1.21 was still the recent patch. Yesterday I tried again and the game gets an infinite loading screen after the CD Project Red intro sequence directly after a few seconds of starting the game.
I completely uninstalled the game, deleted all addons and game files (hoping they're stored in the cloud. The problem still occurs.

Data:
Platform: XBOX One
Resource: Disc
Patch: 1.21 of savegames, last played in May or June
Problem: Infinite loading screen on startup since first try yesterday
Attempts for fixing, that failed: Reinstallation of complete game, re-adding game profile, deleting savegames

Has anyone a solution?

Last edited:
Top Bottom