Game crashing at startup with 1.5 hotfix after PC upgrade

+
Long story short, my game begun crash at startup after upgrading my PC:

Previously I had this specs: Intel Core i7 7700k, Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 16 gb RAM, 500gb nvme ssd. Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VIII

I played 500 hours+, also played with patch 1.5 without any problems.
Now I upgrated my PC to Intel Core i7 10700f and Gigabyte B560 DS3H v2. All other specs remained same.

I am installed fresh windows 10 and have latest updates, installed all latest drivers, fresh installed game without any mods and it's crashing after startup...
With upgrade I wanted finally play with RTX enabled (cuz it CPU heavy), and now cant play at all...I thought that should wait to patch 1.51 or other hotfix, but here it is and problem still not solved.

P.S. All other games works fine. Help me please!

Just a guess, so maybe not usefull, but with a "fresh Windows install", you maybe also "fresh" install an anti-virus ?
Maybe good to try without, temporarily.

Just a guess, so maybe not usefull, but with a "fresh Windows install", you maybe also "fresh" install an anti-virus ?
Maybe good to try without, temporarily.
I have only default Win10 defender, Steam folder is in antivirus exceptions. (I have Steam version btw and already tried to run game wia main EXE file without Steam)

Also tried to reinstall GPU drivers with DDU, searched for audio drivers which caused problems for some people before hotfix (I dont have this drivers)

Ok, it was just a guess :(
You don't have any OC ? (it can make the game crash).
It's probably beyond my skills... So at least, if it's not already done, you can send a ticket to the support for help (with a DxDiag) because I suppose you already tried all the steps provide by CDPR.

Ok, it was just a guess :(
You don't have any OC ? (it can make the game crash).
It's probably beyond my skills... So at least, if it's not already done, you can send a ticket to the support for help (with a DxDiag) because I suppose you already tried all the steps provide by CDPR.
I found solution for this problem:

If your game still crashing at startup after patch 1.5 and hotfix - just check path to your game folder:
C:\.Games\STEAM\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
I had this path and game wasnt start. Then I just renamed my ".Games" folder to "Games" (without dot) and game works just fine.

P.S. I cant belive how stupid it is - but its works xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom