Game-Crashing Bugs! Help!

+
Game-Crashing Bugs! Help!

OK, so I've run into a couple of near-game killers. If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.1) Occasionally -- maybe 1 time in 30 -- when I go in for a finishing move after a knockdown, the game crashes. This is a very specific event, only happens when I do this move, but seems like it can happen anywhere. 2) The Sewers in Vizima: I've only been in Vizima for about an hour after leaving the sewer, but when I try to re-enter the sewer (from either the guardhouse or the temple district), the game crashes. HELP! These are really frustrating for me. I want to keep playing the game but if I have to re-enter the sewer (which I assume I will -- there were some other areas I couldn't access the first time) and I can't because of a crash, why bother?Thanks in advance for your help.Thrax

Thrax1 said:
OK, so I've run into a couple of near-game killers. If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )what game type? original + patch or Enhanced Edition DVD?

Here's my system info: > > Mainboard : Dell 0XD720 > Chipset : Intel i945PM > Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T7200 @ 2000 MHz > Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 > Hard Disk : ST9160821AS (160 GB) > DVD-Rom Drive : PIONEER DVD+-RW DR-K17Y ATA Device > DVD-Rom Drive : RQ2165U PKK502Q SCSI CdRom Device > Network Card : Broadcom Corp BCM440x 100Base-TX Fast Ethernet > Network Card : Broadcom Corp Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card > Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6000 > DirectX : Version 10.00 > Windows Performance Index : 3.6

I cannot seem to find an errlog.txt. It is not located in my Witcher/System folder, or anywhere else in Witcher subdirectories.

Thrax1 said:
I cannot seem to find an errlog.txt. It is not located in my Witcher/System folder, or anywhere else in Witcher subdirectories.
your video card is below the system requirements, it will not work anyway ( or if it does it might get errors all over and crash often and such )we can't solve this by software means, and since you have a laptop you can't change you video card

So that's it? Because my card is below "Recommended" I'm stuck with a game I can't play? Pardon my abruptness, but that is more than a little stupid. I've played plenty of games with the minimum card and been fine. The game runs fine on lower settings except for these instances. Obviously, I'm not satisfied with your response. But thank you for thinking about it.

Thrax1 said:
So that's it? Because my card is below "Recommended" I'm stuck with a game I can't play? Pardon my abruptness, but that is more than a little stupid. I've played plenty of games with the minimum card and been fine. The game runs fine on lower settings except for these instances. Obviously, I'm not satisfied with your response. But thank you for thinking about it.
what can i say? this is how things are :(it's not stupid as the game does not work and it was not designed to work on hardware that can't do the job, it's the same for all the other games too

You don't understand, Thrax, your card is not below the recommended requirements, it's below the minimum requirements. These were printed on the The Witcher itself, so you should have been able to see that your video card would not be able to handle the Witcher before you bought the game.There's a tool called 3D analyzer that may allow you to play the game even though you have below-minimum specs, but I stress the may. Also, I really doubt it would work after Act III.

Top Bottom