Game crashing when fast travelling to Velen.

+
As the title says. I just finished the whole castle segment and I've now been prompted to fast travel to Velen. But as soon as i do, and the "animated" cut scene plays, it starts stuttering and then the game crashes. I can fast travel to and within White Orchard without any issues, so it seems it's only Velen that causes the issue.

I've tried turning RT off, and even tried running the game in DX11 but it still crashes. I'v even tried re-installing the game.

My PC is way beyond the minimun specs sitting at:

i9-9900K, 3080ti OC, 64GB RAM.

Does anyone know why this is happening? And is there a potential fix for it if someone else has experienced the same thing. I have no mods installed since it's a fresh install.

Make sure that in game folder are no mods anymore, uninstalling game doesn't remove mods folder

@ship_9 Thank you so much, this worked for me!

I was confused AF when I couldnt load into Velen on a fresh install. Saw some mod files in the mods folder but thought they were included in the base install. Removing them helped!

So am I just completely unable to proceed in the game without ditching the mods I wish to play with? that seems like a pretty big issue...

So am I just completely unable to proceed in the game without ditching the mods I wish to play with? that seems like a pretty big issue...
If the mods you wish to play with are not compatible with 4.0, yes... and there is nothing that CDPR can/will do about that.
But you still return to the previous version if you can't play without (or wait until modders make them compatible, if it's not already the case).

Every mod I have is "next gen compatible". I spent a while finding a new set of mods for this playthrough on the new version. The problem is that you cannot have any mods in the game folder at all or else the fast travel doesn't work, so it's not a problem of mod compatibility, you just outright can't play next gen update with mods...

Every mod I have is "next gen compatible". I spent a while finding a new set of mods for this playthrough on the new version. The problem is that you cannot have any mods in the game folder at all or else the fast travel doesn't work, so it's not a problem of mod compatibility, you just outright can't play next gen update with mods...
There is one that is not, or at least which create an issue. You have to figure out which one.
I know that some members on the forum play with mods (and even someone who record a playthrough^^).

Top Bottom