Game decided to not work anymore

+
Game decided to not work anymore

When starting the game it will silently crash, here are the crash log files it is generating. The game used to work without issue. There are no game mods, no screen overlays, no graphics injection mods etc.

Windows 10 x64
Intel i7 920
Geforce 760 4GB
ASUS P6T
8GB DDR3 RAM

Attachments

• Crash.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 35
You are not using any mods nor hooks, mostlikely its data corruption or gpu driver issue. If youre using gog galaxy try verify/repair on the witcher3 install. Steam offers this aswell. If it doesnt fix the issue - you should try to uninstall your gpu driver using DDU (google didplay driver uninstaller) and reinstall the one that worked for you before without issues.

and check again the bin/x64 folder in witcher3 for a "plugins" folder and or the "dsound.dll" - if present remove - this is the debug console hook

GOG Galaxy downloaded 439MB after performing a Verification of the game data and the game is now working, thanks. This is strange because Event Log reports no HDD issues so I dunno how the game data could've become corrupted. Maybe a dependency got changed to a unsupported version or some such when installing a different program.

GOG Galaxy downloaded 439MB after performing a Verification of the game data and the game is now working, thanks. This is strange because Event Log reports no HDD issues so I dunno how the game data could've become corrupted. Maybe a dependency got changed to a unsupported version or some such when installing a different program.

This type of corruption would have come from package loss during download and installation most likely, not a damaged SSD / HDD or File System error.

This type of corruption would have come from package loss during download and installation most likely, not a damaged SSD / HDD or File System error.
Ah I wasn't clear, the game had never been uninstalled between when it did work and when it didn't work which is why the corruption theory is weird.

Top Bottom