Game does not load - crashes following loading arrow.

+
Game does not load - crashes following loading arrow.

Hi,I have played The Witcher successfully before; however, I have recently upgraded my computer. Since then, I have reinstalled, but have not been able to start the game.The launcher appears fine, but when I try to run the game I get an error. The disk icon appears and rotates for a while, but shortly after this I get an error (that thing that asks you to send a report to Microsoft).I have tried running the game directly and setting the window size to 1280x720 in the shortcut target as recommended (I even tried directly changing the desktop resolution), but this has not worked. I do have a wide-screen monitor running 1680x1050 at the moment.Please help, I really wanted to try the game on my new system. Below are my system specs. Thanks in advance!---------------------System Information------------------ Operating System: Windows XP Professional - Service Pack 2 System Model: P5K Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) Memory: 3328MB RAM Page File: 415MB used, 4795MB available DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c---------------Display Devices--------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Display Memory: 512.0 MB Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor: BenQ FP222WA (Digital) Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6921 (English)-------------Sound Devices------------- Description: Realtek HD Audio output Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5391 (English)

Well I found the solution and honestly I'm a little suprised.You see, I run two drives. I have a 36GB 10000rpm drive to run windows, and a standard 500GB drive to hold all my other stuff. So naturally, I installed the game on the secondary drive. Apparently, this is bad. Out of desparation I installed the game on the primary drive and now it is working fine (although having it on the main drive sucks).

Hi all :)I have the same problem: after successful installation the game is not started :( (Sorry for my english plss) I have try reinstall the game in other partitions: primary and secondary, on one and another hard drive, but... More than starting the starter not have.My system properties is:Win XP Pro SP2 x84 on Athlon 3200+ with 1.5Gb RAM and GeForce 6600.

Anaflion said:
Hi all :)I have the same problem: after successful installation the game is not started :( (Sorry for my english plss) I have try reinstall the game in other partitions: primary and secondary, on one and another hard drive, but... More than starting the starter not have.My system properties is:Win XP Pro SP2 x84 on Athlon 3200+ with 1.5Gb RAM and GeForce 6600.
Create a Dxdiag log and a report save as HTML using this tool System Information for WindowsExplain your problem and put your nickPut all that in an email and send it to the adress in my signature !

Top Bottom