Game doesnt start

+
My game basically crashes whenever i try to run it.
I can see the icon appear on the task bar for a sec then it closes.
I tried updating my drivers, unpluging my second monitor, updated the Visual C++ Redistribution Package and ran it as administrator, but can't get it to work

I noticed that the game generates a crash report every time i run it.
Here it is, in hope that CDproject fixes this issue.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7oh2dgmy671v6x/xcrashinfo.zip

EDIT:
forgot to mention, i'm using the GOG version without galaxy installed

Last edited:
EVERYONE I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING.

You must specify your pc to use your High Performance graphics processor for witcher3.exe. Either do this in your AMD Switchable Graphics or NVIDIA Control Panel.

EVERYONE I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING.

You must specify your pc to use your High Performance graphics processor for witcher3.exe. Either do this in your AMD Switchable Graphics or NVIDIA Control Panel.

I use an amd hd 7970 with catalyst 14.2 but i dont have this option "switchable graphics" or something else.

Same, I don't play on laptop and I don't have "switchable graphics" option...

---------- Updated at 08:28 AM ----------

Anyway to force the game in specific gaphic card ? I can't disable my Intel Gpu, I need it.

For Radeon graphics you need to run the Catalyst Control Center, select Power->Switchable Graphics Application Settings and set witcher3.exe to high performance.

The point is not to disable the Intel integrated graphics, but rather convince the NVidia/AMD card to take over. The problem might also appear in desktops since Intel integrated graphics is present in all new Intel processors.

Of course, it is always possible that something else is wrong as well, but this solution worked for me.

I've read on some forums that if you have the GOG version of the game and it just absolutely won't start, do the following:

If you have GOG Galaxy Client, uninstall it by doing the following...
Click start button -> type "cmd" -> right click "cmd.exe" and click "run as administrator"
Type (or Copy/Paste the following - one line at a time):
sc delete GalaxyClientService
sc delete GalaxyCommunication

So that the GOG background services are removed from you PC.

Now, go to the game folder / bin / x64 and rename galaxy.dll to "galaxy.dll.SAVE", or something similar to save it. (You can always re-name it to the original later, if necessary.)
Launch the game. An error dialog window will pop out (close it), but the game will run.
You will have to re-focus (Alt + Tab) on the game window after it starts.

Top Bottom