Game ending questions [Alert: Spoiler inside]

+
I am a person with a huge suspension of disbelief on science fiction and fantasy works so I consider everything narrated in media plausible and acceptable, as long as it does not contradict itself.
Something about the Cyberpunk 2077 ending is not clear to me.
Taken as true that biochips (besides Silverhand) were created and are part of this world (the rich use them to be "immortal" so much so that Arasaka is full of digitized personalities.
Also taken as true that V's chemistry and brain have been altered too much by the Relic (even if I don't understand why the process that worked once cannot work even a second time by rewriting the synapses) and therefore no longer accepts V's personality but only Silverhand's, why does one of them have to die?
But was it not possible to put V's personality into a new biochip and implant this in another body and donate the original body to Silverhand so as to allow both of them to survive?

It initially work at first on V because Dex shoot V in the head, the Relic was damaged and "work" in unexpected way. Arasaka/Saburo/Hellman try to do it since a good while, but it never work (with Relic 2.0, which is an "unic" prototype, which was only intended for Saburo's use).
The "common" Relic (1.0), used by richest poeple is only used to communicate with engrams (dead poeple). So the richest poeple are "immortal", but "stuck" in Mikoshi or in the Relic 1.0 (not in a "new body"). The "true" imortality was only planned for Saburo obviously :D

When you said "another body", it's which one...? You want kill someone to take his/her body ? In Arasaka ending, it's explain that V's engram can't "simply" be "put" in a random body. It only work for Saburo because it's his son body (Yorinobu). Yeah, "cloning" V's body ? If you clone V's body, it end with the same incompatible body...

And the Relic "malfunction" who changed V's body to adapt it for Johnny, can't be "easily" reproduced (at least, not within 6 months)

Edit : In theory, go behind the blackwall or stay as engram, could also be considered as "stay" alive :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer, now everything is a little clearer (cumbersome and full of coincidences but clear).

Yes, kill someone to take his/her body, that was exactly what I meant!

Thanks for the answer, now everything is a little clearer (cumbersome and full of coincidences but clear).

Yes, kill someone to take his/her body, that was exactly what I meant!
Possible, if "someone" can reproduce the "Relic work", which only Arasaka seem able to do it. And even in this case, it's not that simple :(
As explained in Devil ending, possible but not "easy" and anyway, it would take time, time who lack to V... (hence the "contract" to go/wait in Mikoshi as engram).

I am a person with a huge suspension of disbelief on science fiction and fantasy works so I consider everything narrated in media plausible and acceptable, as long as it does not contradict itself.
[...]
Also taken as true that V's chemistry and brain have been altered too much by the Relic (even if I don't understand why the process that worked once cannot work even a second time by rewriting the synapses) and therefore no longer accepts V's personality but only Silverhand's, why does one of them have to die?
But was it not possible to put V's personality into a new biochip and implant this in another body and donate the original body to Silverhand so as to allow both of them to survive?
Biochip is a device similar to space ships and that, it works the way it does because story demands that. Scientifically, think about removing that chip and look what can be done stem cell transplants today.

In CP 2077 there's technology to clone entire body according to Hellman, though path for player to learn that information is quite specific.

That said, plot device works on multiple levels if you think what Silverhand presents. He is this Rocker boy of course, but I really liked this terrorist in our heads angle, more so Silverhand is also product not only the world but the Night City and echoes such works as A City Come a-Walking by John Shirley. So it's not there just to because of certain plot but connects to larger themes of cyberpunk and genre and CP 2077 as individual work.

So it's a good question that you present. LeKill3rFou already covered in-game explanation and for my part I only wish to echo here my thoughts that I hope at CDPR they will just go with what they have and don't resort to inventing some more fluff around biochip as that wouldn't make it any less bullshit but opposite, there would be just more of it.

LeKill3rFou covers the lore and in game story well as always. I will only add that I still believe all Judy's books around the end game apartment about the medical knowledge and science of V's little problem was a hint to DLC that the DEV may have at least have possibly toyed with.

LeKill3rFou covers the lore and in game story well as always. I will only add that I still believe all Judy's books around the end game apartment about the medical knowledge and science of V's little problem was a hint to DLC that the DEV may have at least have possibly toyed with.

Pretty sure all of that is from when she was trying to figure out what was wrong with Parker. Judy must've gone through everything tech she could think of, thus determining Ev's issue was psychological, not in any of her tech.

Pretty sure all of that is from when she was trying to figure out what was wrong with Parker. Judy must've gone through everything tech she could think of, thus determining Ev's issue was psychological, not in any of her tech.

In the end game I got ("don't fear the reaper" while dating Judy) the books were around the apartment (the new two story apartment you get to live with Judy long after the events of the main game) in a state that looked like they were being studied currently. Such as half open on the kitchen table. Did you look at the books? Maybe you are referring to books in JUDY's old apartment. Those books are not what I am talking about.

Last edited:
I've never got that ending, and i play a male, so Judy's long gone by the end of the game. I thought you meant the ones in her apartment, my bad.

I've never got that ending, and i play a male, so Judy's long gone by the end of the game. I thought you meant the ones in her apartment, my bad.

At first it gave me hope this was a possible indication that "maybe" my V could be saved in DLC, but I realize now it is a long shot.
I only played one character (I do watch my Goddaughter play another character however on my PC, it is interesting to see the differences * ) and have been still playing it off and on for months (mostly for NC parkour and some street crime fighting) waiting for DLC to save her.

I realize I may be stuck in "stage one" .

(Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance)

I play females these days mostly out of habit even though they are first person and you cannot see them. For some reason so many third person FPS and action PC games in the 80s had female protagonists.

I suppose it could be because most of these games were made by very small studios and at that time they may have thought having girls in the game would attract more boys to their games for the "eye candy" (sorry College Hormones, I could not help it) and more girls for other less creepy reasons... Just a hypothesis.

* edit: one difference I do not like is that she got a lot of bugs people use to complain about that I never saw in my game. The only difference is that I played win 7 and she is playing win 10 on the SAME PC!

Last edited:
Top Bottom