Game finished after 60 hours -opinions-

+
Let me start with the obvious non-spoiler stuff and a little bit of details on how it all went down. (Scroll down if you wanna skip to my final verdict)
First of all my plan is to make 3 different characters, this was my first one: Male Nomad (I plan to make a Female Streetkid next and Male Corpo for my last one).
I tried to roleplay where possible as someone who came from outside the city and knew little about it.
My skills/perks were almost all over the place but even playing in Hard didn't prove too difficult, by the end of the game i had 20 into Tech and focused into crafting (I literally had less than 10 crafting skill, only thing i did was get some of the weapons i liked to legendary).
I did stealth where i could, tried to avoid killing npcs where possible (really only followed my personal judgment here) and didn't focus on the main story all the time, i did sidequests when i felt like it and went back to main story when i felt i was sidetracked for too long.

My PC specs:
MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU: i7-4790K
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: HyperX FURY DDR3 1866Mhz 8GBx2
Monitor: Optix Mag271C (1080p)

Played the game with most settings on medium (except volumetric fog and some shadows on low) with little to no fps drops. (With discord in the background to talk with my friends).

The sour part first:
There are bugs, plenty of them.
I tried to report them as i encountered them, thankfully most of them weren't game-breaking, mostly visual glitches, some npcs lips not moving, audio missing in certain sidequests. un-pickable/clipping in the floor items, but i believe these are all fixable with time.
What i really hated:
Police spawning too close to the player, lack of reaction/interaction with the npc crowds (I really wish they moved outta the way when i honk at them from my car), lack of clothing personalization, the crafting is NEVER explained, not a single tutorial about it and even with all the perks for it it felt kinda underwhelming, the Journal is kind of a mess, i'd like to be able to reorganize quests by who gave them to me, or when, i was trying to give the name of a quest i completed to my friend and i couldn't find it because the description was so vague.
I loved the photomode but with no way to "interact" with the world (Can't sit on a bench, lean on a balcony, etc), i felt inclined to take more pictures of the scenery rather than my V.

My final verdict:
I enjoyed it. A lot.
Was it a masterpiece? No. Can it be improved to become one? Absolutely.
I liked the romance unlike some other folks
I went with Panam, i didn't like most of the other options i found and Panam was emotional, impulsive, kind. I'm not sure myself but she just felt more "true" and trusthworty compared to the others.
i loved the story, my ending felt like it fit the theme of the game
as a nomad it just felt natural i sided with them for the final mission, in the end i chose to go back to Panam instead of letting Silverhand take over.
i just wish there was more!
The graphics were amazing to me (I posted a couple screenshots you can check in another thread), and the sidequests were fun and different between eachother.
I LOVED the sidequest with the party on the roof where you have to take a vodka shot and then hit the targets!

Plans for the future:
Making a Female Streetkid, probably focusing on melee combat (Maybe Brawler?) and rushing the main story with it (
I will probably give in to Silverhand and let him do as he pleases
last but not least i will make a Male Corpo focusing on hacking at the max difficulty possible and try to 100% the game.
I will side with Hanako from Arasaka and do the opposite of anything Silverhand says.

Let me start with the obvious non-spoiler stuff and a little bit of details on how it all went down. (Scroll down if you wanna skip to my final verdict)
First of all my plan is to make 3 different characters, this was my first one: Male Nomad (I plan to make a Female Streetkid next and Male Corpo for my last one).
I tried to roleplay where possible as someone who came from outside the city and knew little about it.
My skills/perks were almost all over the place but even playing in Hard didn't prove too difficult, by the end of the game i had 20 into Tech and focused into crafting (I literally had less than 10 crafting skill, only thing i did was get some of the weapons i liked to legendary).
I did stealth where i could, tried to avoid killing npcs where possible (really only followed my personal judgment here) and didn't focus on the main story all the time, i did sidequests when i felt like it and went back to main story when i felt i was sidetracked for too long.

My PC specs:
MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU: i7-4790K
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: HyperX FURY DDR3 1866Mhz 8GBx2
Monitor: Optix Mag271C (1080p)

Played the game with most settings on medium (except volumetric fog and some shadows on low) with little to no fps drops. (With discord in the background to talk with my friends).

The sour part first:
There are bugs, plenty of them.
I tried to report them as i encountered them, thankfully most of them weren't game-breaking, mostly visual glitches, some npcs lips not moving, audio missing in certain sidequests. un-pickable/clipping in the floor items, but i believe these are all fixable with time.
What i really hated:
Police spawning too close to the player, lack of reaction/interaction with the npc crowds (I really wish they moved outta the way when i honk at them from my car), lack of clothing personalization, the crafting is NEVER explained, not a single tutorial about it and even with all the perks for it it felt kinda underwhelming, the Journal is kind of a mess, i'd like to be able to reorganize quests by who gave them to me, or when, i was trying to give the name of a quest i completed to my friend and i couldn't find it because the description was so vague.
I loved the photomode but with no way to "interact" with the world (Can't sit on a bench, lean on a balcony, etc), i felt inclined to take more pictures of the scenery rather than my V.

My final verdict:
I enjoyed it. A lot.
Was it a masterpiece? No. Can it be improved to become one? Absolutely.
I liked the romance unlike some other folks
I went with Panam, i didn't like most of the other options i found and Panam was emotional, impulsive, kind. I'm not sure myself but she just felt more "true" and trusthworty compared to the others.
i loved the story, my ending felt like it fit the theme of the game
as a nomad it just felt natural i sided with them for the final mission, in the end i chose to go back to Panam instead of letting Silverhand take over.
i just wish there was more!
The graphics were amazing to me (I posted a couple screenshots you can check in another thread), and the sidequests were fun and different between eachother.
I LOVED the sidequest with the party on the roof where you have to take a vodka shot and then hit the targets!

Plans for the future:
Making a Female Streetkid, probably focusing on melee combat (Maybe Brawler?) and rushing the main story with it (
I will probably give in to Silverhand and let him do as he pleases
last but not least i will make a Male Corpo focusing on hacking at the max difficulty possible and try to 100% the game.
I will side with Hanako from Arasaka and do the opposite of anything Silverhand says.

I have near 88.3 hours now and im very far to finish :D Refined and good food, it should be savored slowly

XD

Top Bottom