Game "Flatlines" whenever launching through Steam

+
I'm at a loss as to what to try, I've put over 60 hours into the game and beat it already.

But, suddenly I can't launch the game through Steam. It just crashes and displays the "Game has flatlined" message without any other details.

I verified the files, nothing downloaded new.
I've reinstalled the game, same problem.
I even thought it might be related to the save files being corrupted: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/save-files-are-corrupted.11052596/ -- but even that didn't fix it (yes, I remember the issues with Witcher 2 lol).

I'm really unsure how to fix this issue and play my game as intended.

Now what DOES work is launching the game via the game files, if I run it as Administrator. The only issue is my saves don't cloud-sync.

How can I fix this (pref. without losing my save)?

SYSTEM:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
AMD Radeon rx 5500 xt
64 GB of RAM

This loadout seemed perfectly fine for my first run through of the game.

I'm at a loss as to what to try, I've put over 60 hours into the game and beat it already.

But, suddenly I can't launch the game through Steam. It just crashes and displays the "Game has flatlined" message without any other details.

I even thought it might be related to the save files being corrupted: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/save-files-are-corrupted.11052596/ -- but even that didn't fix it (yes, I remember the issues with Witcher 2 lol).

Now what DOES work is launching the game via the game files, if I run it as Administrator. The only issue is my saves don't cloud-sync.

SYSTEM:
AMD Radeon rx 5500 xt
64 GB of RAM

I've been troubleshooting this very issue for 15 hours of time now, the only thing I can recommend to you is to clear your game's local cache. Try going to %Appdata&/Local/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077. Delete the Cyberpunk 2077 folder. Then launch the game again. I hope this helps you, I haven't been able to open the game since launch day because of this issue.

I've been troubleshooting this very issue for 15 hours of time now, the only thing I can recommend to you is to clear your game's local cache. Try going to %Appdata&/Local/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077. Delete the Cyberpunk 2077 folder. Then launch the game again. I hope this helps you, I haven't been able to open the game since launch day because of this issue.

Thanks for your reply. I tried that and it didn't work either.:(

I also updated to the 1.05 Hotfix for PC; and that didn't resolve the issue earlier. Can someone at CD Projekt Red assist? I've put over 60 hours into this, but am seriously considering a refund due to lack of support and the inability to even launch the game.

Thanks for your reply. I tried that and it didn't work either.:(

I also updated to the 1.05 Hotfix for PC; and that didn't resolve the issue earlier. Can someone at CD Projekt Red assist? I've put over 60 hours into this, but am seriously considering a refund due to lack of support and the inability to even launch the game.

I'm right there with you. 2 Technical support tickets with no response of any kind, and 20 hours of troubleshooting later, even after 1.05 I do not have any kind of solution You should check out My Thread here for all the steps I have taken, maybe some of them could help you.

SYSTEM:
AMD Radeon rx 5500 xt
64 GB of RAM

Have you tried launching the game directly from .exe file?
Did you install any mods or installed anything on your computer since?

Have you tried launching the game directly from .exe file?
Did you install any mods or installed anything on your computer since?

Yes, running the cyberpunk2077.exe with administrator privileges is one of the steps I took, it didn't work for me but you should give that a try. Ultimately, you should try and perform a clean boot before launching the game to eliminate any interference. here is a link explaining how to perform clean boot

Top Bottom