Game forces 30hz when my screen is a 60hz LCD TV.

+
Game forces 30hz when my screen is a 60hz LCD TV.

For some unknown reason my game is forcing my screen to run at 30htz when my TVs max is 60htz as that is what my desktop runs at
3840 X 2160 @ 60Hz< i run the game at the same res and it drops to 30hz and i can't find anyway of increasing it to max.

My system
I7 3770K
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
Asus GTX 960 Direct CU2

So my system can handle it, just the game forces 30hz.
I just hope they fix this in the next patch.

How are you connecting your GPU to your monitor? Some methods don't support 4K @60fps.
Also, I doubt you can run the game on 4K past 15 fps or something with a 960, even on the lowest settings.

Last edited:
You need at least HDMI 2.0 to support 2160p @ 60Hz.
So both your HDMI cable and the connector at the TV have to support HDMI 2.0.

It's not the game..

You need at least HDMI 2.0 to support 2160p @ 60Hz.
So both your HDMI cable and the connector at the TV have to support HDMI 2.0.

It's not the game..

Not true actually, 4K can be done with 60Hz with 1.4a. They cut out some of the colors if I remember correctly to decrease the bandwidth so that it would work, I know since I have a 4K TV and EVGA GTX 780 Classified. However, just as luigiruben said, 4K on a 960? Even with the lowest settings, I have a hard time seeing you could get near 20-25fps with that card.

With the latest nvidia drivers though, I've had a few weird stuff happened even though I did a clean install as usual, it reset my TV's res to 2600x1900 or some weird one at 30Hz. DSR also stopped working even though it was enabled, had to uncheck the DSR boxes and recheck them again for it to work and change back the resolution to 4K and then change from 30Hz to 60Hz.

What you have your desktop set to and what resolution you're running the game in however is two separate things. You could always try and re-install the drivers again, make sure to ALWAYS do a clean install when changing drivers though.

Just trying to make sure, not trying to condescend, but, can you check the graphics settings to see if you have fps capped to 30 in-game?

I run the game on max settings and connect to my TV using a Good HDMI cable.

Ok my FPS is set to UNLIMITED, so that isn't the problem.
The HDMI cable i use says it supports 60/120htz, also supports 1080p
and has 10.2Gbps. here is a link to their web site. http://www.monsterproducts.com/products/cables/hdmi
as for my GPU, it's more than capable of running this game at 4K, I currently get a constant 30+fps (it fluctuates a bit, between 30/35fps)

all my other games run fine on max/ultra settings @60-120 FPS. I run GTA V at 90 FPS on ultra and at 3680X2160.
I always do a clean install when new drivers come out.

acrzn

Forum regular
V-sync is on ? When your game can't reach the fps needed to sync with the monitor frequency it forces fractions of it, like half. Also there's the adaptive v-sync setting on NVIDIA control panel you can check.

This thread is not for trolls, i want a real solution to this so don't be an moron jacksonauto..

I'll check me V-sync, when next i play it.

I'm not sure if the thread opener is a troll or just stupid. I'm sorry if that offended you, I didn't mean to.
You CAN NOT, I repeat, you can NOT run this game at that resolution with a GTX960 even at lowest settings and capped to 30 FPS.
By the way: Maybe it's better that the frame rate stays low so you don't notice the awful input lag you get from a TV in comparison with a decent monitor.

Top Bottom