game freeze all the time

+
game freeze all the time

just like in the title. newest drivers for my 280x installed, 4 core cpu. when i had 1.08 it was great but when i installed 1.10 magic began...

Looks like driver problem. Could you tell me your specification? R280X OC'd? What's your CPU? Do you have latest beta driver or WHQ?

Here you go:
-gigabyte 280x - 15.9.1 Beta drivers (i tried 15.7.1 before)
-i5 4590
-8 GB RAM
GPU isnt overclocked, just like i bought it.

As i said on 1.08 patch i had no problems with the game.

btw. i dont think this is driver problem because i reinstalled them 3 times.

Here you go:
GPU isnt overclocked, just like i bought it.
It is OC'd. Factory GPU clock is 1000 Mhz, and Gigabyte added +100Mhz for OC (they call it boost). But it caused for me stutter and driver crash I think, If you could look while the game was freezed in system tray, you could see message 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered'. Have you tried to downclock to stable 1000Mhz?
Also, I played on patch 1.08 with OC 8350 (4.5) and same 280x (1050/1550) but got stutter with patch 1.10 and HoS. So I downclocked CPU to 4.4 and GPU 1000/1500 and it helped.

it doesnt work, not even a little :cirisad:

you could see message 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered'

i had this message when game crashed but it was long time ago, before 1.08 patch.

It isnt getting above 65 C so its not gpu problem. i have no clue what can it be...

please help me i spent 9€ for expansion and i cant even start playing because of these freeze... -.-

Last edited:
Roll back to Omega driver. Delete beta driver with DDU and make a clean install.

1. What about CPU? Yours is not with 'K' index and it can't be OC'd?
2. What about power management? Is it 'maximum performance' in Win settings? In CCC increase power limit for GPU to +20%.
3. Do you use any utility besides CCC? Do you have a Steam, GOG or Origin version of the game?

It's strange. I have a weaker CPU (I mean performance per core) and same GPU. My advices were based on my experience. If they won't help, I don't even imagine what else it can be. :thinking:

Last edited:
1.my cpu cant be oc'd
2.i've done it
3. only GOG

nothing works out . installed drivers 5th time. CDPR please fix this...

1.my cpu cant be oc'd
2.i've done it
3. only GOG

nothing works out . installed drivers 5th time. CDPR please fix this...
There was a fix for GOG version. Seems like everything runs smooth in my case, because I have a steam version.

It isnt getting above 65 C so its not gpu problem. i have no clue what can it be...

please help me i spent 9€ for expansion and i cant even start playing because of these freeze... -.-

I would say that is awfully cool for an AMD card. Perhaps its not chugging out *enough* power.

I suspect this is more of a memory/cpu issue, since it looks like your system outright hangs instead of sharp frame drops associated with a GPU problem.

I would suggest downloading memtest and booting with it to test your RAM. A single error indicates your RAM is bad.

You could also of course reformat.

Theres alot, really alot, of bugfixes and improvements in 1.10.

You can trust me

:teeth:

So yeah it's not the game, it's your computer that cant properly adapt to the 1.10 performances improvement.

Buy a new one, preferably a Cray XC30

i still dont belive that this is pc fault, i tested RAM with memtest and it has 0 errors, same as CPU with prime95.

Theres alot, really alot, of bugfixes and improvements in 1.10.

yeah this patch fixed many bugs but also added a lot of new...

i still dont belive that this is pc fault, i tested RAM with memtest and it has 0 errors, same as CPU with prime95.

yeah this patch fixed many bugs but also added a lot of new...

What's power of your PSU and a power plan in Windows? Try to change to another output jack for GPU, increase power limit to +20% in CCC, change powerplan in windows to high performance.

1. It's not a CPU problem or memory. I have same amount of RAM, your CPU is much better than mine.
2. It can be a power issue. I've 750 Wt PSU. My power plan in Win is 'high performance' . I changed values in ASUS utility too andn othing goes to sleep after several minutes, or change voltage.
3. R280X works at 1050/1500 with power limit +20%; Beta driver 15.9.1;
4. It can be a HDD issue, if you still use it for gaming.

Last edited:
its definietly not, i have thermaltake 530W PSU

my powerplan is high performance too, i use my hdd since i have witcher 3.

1. Still, if you change power socket on PSU from which GPU is powered it won't hurt. Right?
2. Then, what's your HDD? Brand name, speed and etc. Do you have an opportunity to install the game on another HDD?
Imho, since, I have SDD it might be a reason of excluding some bugs.

Top Bottom