Game freezes & desync's audio on startup (Video included)

+
I've had this problem for a while, I'm not exactly sure if I had it on the day1 build of the game or if it became a thing after one of the 3 patches released since then. As far as I can remember I had it on patch 1.0.5 and I can't remember on .4 or earlier.

Basically majority of the time when I boot the game it will freeze for a bit, then unfreezes and goes to next part of the startup video with the logos, freezes again... then will unfreeze and the audio kicks in from the start but the video is further along so it looks out of sync. Audio is back in sync after you hit the space bar to go to the main menu. This freezing process can take a minute... or a few minutes. It's inconsistent.

Here is a video of it:
-- Towards the end of the video you hear the audio kick back in, albeit out of sync at first.
-- You may notice MSI afterburner in the top corner also freezes... but even so I can alt tab in and out of the game and use the PC it's just specifically Cyberpunk that's freezing.

My PC is a AMD 5900x CPU, AMD 6800xt GPU, Game runs off a Samsung 980 Pro (pcie4) NVME. I've tried the game on a different drive and no change. I previously had a 2006 super recently and still had this problem. I've tried disabling everything on boot and only having Windows essentials and still run into this problem.

My only conclusion is the game is more likely to "work" if I do a full restart but it's also so inconsistent as to when the game wants to boot properly that I don't think they're related - this doesn't work every time.

My only conclusion is that it's just the game and something is broken. Funny enough I installed a mod today called "Cyber Engine Tweaks" because it said it skips the start menu but this just made it worse. Freezing still occurred but it only freeze on whatever was on screen when you tabbed into the game. So if you managed to load a save, you could hear yourself running around but the picture would still be frozen and alt tabbing would update that frozen picture but still remain frozen otherwise. Perhaps this can give insight to a dev as to what is causing my freezing problem on boot seems to get amplified with this mod so maybe there's a common thing between these two?

Top Bottom