Game freezing after around 15 minutes / sound keeps playing

+
Hi guys!

I've read many of your posts and I can see that you're facing problems that seem similar but in actuality may have different causes varying from setup to setup.
Many of the workarounds and fixes posted here will work on one setup but have no effect on another. I suggest that those of you who haven't found a solid solution to their problem yet contact our Technical Support here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ in order to receive personalized guidance.

If this problem is caused by unstable hardware, how all other games can work perfectly without any crashes and freezes? I didn't see complete freeze of my PCs for many years, but after I started playing Witcher 3, I have to use Reset button even more often than Power ))

Same problem after upgrading my gigabyte gtx g1 980 cards to gigabyte gtx 980 ti g1 gaming in sli, game just randomly freezes, i cant use mouse or keybord need to hard reset my pc, got a beast of a pc so thats not the problem.

i74930k
Corsair AX 1500 PSU
Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti SLI
MSI Big Bang Xpower 2
Corsair Vengeance LP 16 GB 1600 MHZ
Creative SoundBlaster Zx
Windows 7 Ultimate
Cooler Master Haf X Case

Last edited:
There is definitely something wrong with the programming of the graphics options. When I turn many postprocessing and graphics things off and low level then game runs fine. But with options up it hangs, sound disappears sometimes, game freezes for half a minute etc. All trouble.

And my hardware is as stable as h*ll. Finished the game on lower settings on version 1.01-1.06 and hardly any trouble except that my GTX650TI wasn't that quick. 25-30fps.

But now with only graphics changed to a GTX960 4GB, can't turn any options up at all. It's really the programming in 1.07-1.08 that mess up. My machine is powerful at 1080p with the GTX960 4GB and a 3770K Core i7. And I use the latest driver, although tried now like 5 versions of drivers, changing doesn't help so the problems aren't in that area.

I guess waiting for version 1.09. They should really work on all the graphics options that they don't conflict. Channel it better.

I bought the game today on steam and I'm having the exact same problem. I cant even make it past the damn tutorial. So far I've had the game freeze (but still play in the background) during dialogue, gameplay and the in game menu. Seeing this thread dated back as far as May is really disheartening. CDPR clearly don't care about a fix.

NOTHING in this thread has worked for me.
specs
i5 3570k @4.5ghz
780ti
16gig tam
windows 10

This is one game I'd rather not have to refund. But it looks like I don't have a choice

Last edited:
An update because I have the same issue, with patch 1.10 installed, before and after installing HoS. Some random crashes here and there, while the sound or dialog is still there. It happened during the cutscene inside the Order laboratory in HoS just now, twice.

i5 3570k
MSI 970 4go
16gig tam
windows 7

Hi guys!

I've read many of your posts and I can see that you're facing problems that seem similar but in actuality may have different causes varying from setup to setup.
Many of the workarounds and fixes posted here will work on one setup but have no effect on another. I suggest that those of you who haven't found a solid solution to their problem yet contact our Technical Support here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ in order to receive personalized guidance.

I have a friend that was using MSI Afterburner all the time. Since he stopped using it, the freezes stopped.

Just adding my name here. Tried everything, still unplayable.

Pentium G3258
MSI R9 380 2GB
16G Ram

i7 6700k
ROG Maximus VIII Hero
GTX 980 TI Strix
16 GB Ram
WIn 10 Pro

Had the same Problem.. is there already a fix to this problem?

Top Bottom