Game freezing constantly on PS4, game is unplayable

+
Game freezing constantly on PS4, game is unplayable

I've searched all over but I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem, my game is freezing/crashing contstantly on PS4, this seems to happen at any time, sometimes on loading screens but mostly during normal gameplay. Everything freezes but the sound usually continues, sometimes I can play for 30 minutes before it freezes, sometimes it happens the second I get to gameplay, but it hasn't crashed on any menus yet. I have deleted and reinstalled the game twice to no effect. I also attempted to start a new game in case the issue was with my save but the game crashed immediately after the opening cutscene on a loading screen. I have a physical copy of the game, the disc is intact but I have noticed the edges of the disc are slightly rough, not sure that would make a difference though? Also this is on a brand new PS4 and other disc or digital games work fine. Once the game freezes I have to close the game, which then boots to a black screen where only the ps button works. I then have to reset the PS4, after which I get an error report screen, then everything works again until the game crashes again.

Last edited:
75 hours in(ps4),no freezing only crashed 4 times,its you.:) i have no idea what can cause it to freeze,try another disc,try uploading your saves to the cloud and deleting them from your ps4 then download them again.try playing on a digital copy

Already done that with the saves, deleted all saves and tried to start a new game but it gets stuck at the loading screen after the opening CGI. If you leave it on that loading screen it loads up after about 20 minutes, then when you talk to Yennefer or leave the first room it crashes and freezes again. Reset the PS4 to factory settings twice but no change, also replaced my physical copy with Amazon but all the same issues remain. Turned off internet connection, tried playing with or without the latest patch, turned off rest mode, tried every variable I can think of. Every other game I have (physical or digital) work with no issues. The PS4 and the copy of the game are both brand new, don't really see how it can be anything I've done. Replacing the PS4 now with Amazon, I've exhausted every other option I can think of and this game remains impossible to play.

did you try playing with out the patch 1.01?

---------- Updated at 10:50 PM ----------

by the way you are not the only one , there are others in this forums who crash constantly.

I did but it didn't help. It's strange because at first I could play for a while before it froze, got a few hours in before it started, then it started freezing every 20 mins, now it's either on loading or when I leave the first room. The only other strange thing I've noticed is the game installs very quickly, the progress bar fills slowly to about 30% then the rest fills instantly. Could it be an installation problem?

Top Bottom