Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

+
Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

Game runs wonderfully except for the fact that it will freeze when im in my inventory..havent had it happen in alchemy or skills menu yet just inventory menu

I've run into this issue as well.
I fixed it for myself by setting the game to Borderless Window instead of Fullscreen in the graphics options menu.
Try that and report back.

I want to report that problem as well, happened twice, first when i tried to put an egg in the food quickbar thing, and then when i changing the inventory tabs.
I am playing on PC.

This is happening to me as well. The game initially froze as soon as Vesemir and I killed the first set of Ghouls under the tree. I rebooted as it locked the entire PC up. Once I rebooted I got past the part of looting them all of their remains and I picked up the Crystal Crow skull. Went to check my inventory and it locked up. I ALT-Tabbed out. Killed the game and tried it 4 more times. It freezes every time I open the inventory. The last time I was able to hit the space bar three times for the tutorial to tell me about the tabs at the top of the inventory..it froze there and I came here to report. I just wanted to let you all know. Fantastic and beautifully smooth so far right up to that point. I'll check back often for a workaround. Thanks for your time.Luck and Loot,Mereinid

same problem here, I'll give the borderless window thing a try.

EDIT: nope, it was apparently already on borderless window. gonna try fullscreen, see what happens...

Last edited:
Same issue here. if i load up game and hover over items in my invetory i can get it to crash within minutes. I've been playing borderless window already and using "high" presets on my graphics and post processing settings. here is some of my specs:

980gtx with the 352.86 drivers
windows 8.1 64 bit
12GB ram
I7 4 core at 3.6Ghz

I am using borderless so far no freeze, i will report back if it happens again, it might be a possible workaround for now

I had the same problem when I tried to go through my inventory right in the first village.

But then after reboot I waited, rode with Vesemir further, did a few sidequests, and then checked inventory. This time everything worked fine.

Happening to me constantly. It seems to mostly happen when there is a tooltip or a window within (ie. reading a book). Tried fullscreen and borderless. Next I guess I'll try turning off hardware mouse.

Seems to have stopped for me after i beat the griffin haven't had it happen since.....maybe a glitch when it goes through the menu blasting me with tooltips pertaining to the inventory

This is happening to me as well. The game initially froze as soon as Vesemir and I killed the first set of Ghouls under the tree. I rebooted as it locked the entire PC up. Once I rebooted I got past the part of looting them all of their remains and I picked up the Crystal Crow skull. Went to check my inventory and it locked up. I ALT-Tabbed out. Killed the game and tried it 4 more times. It freezes every time I open the inventory. The last time I was able to hit the space bar three times for the tutorial to tell me about the tabs at the top of the inventory..it froze there and I came here to report. I just wanted to let you all know. Fantastic and beautifully smooth so far right up to that point. I'll check back often for a workaround. Thanks for your time.Luck and Loot, (Mereinid)*EDIT 001* I reloaded to the game where I was still under the tree, I didn't check my inventory then I waited until I got to the town. At the tavern I checked my inventory then. Worked fine. Took some quests, & went down the river and killed some Drowners and pillaged some items along the way. Went to a small village SE of the White Orchard. Had a Female ghost flying around a well. I found a journal in one of the buildings. Opened my inventory and double clicked on the journal and it froze.I was playing border-less window, one step down from Full-screen with Hardware Mouse enabled. I will play again tomorrow. (Mereinid)

Thanks for the great game. I am also having this issue. A quick search on steam showed about 10 threads addressing the game freezing while in inventory view. R9 280x, intel i5, full screen. No other problems. Will try borderless window (which was the default- I switched it to fullscreen). Thanks.

Top Bottom