Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

+
Same problem here. While hovering over items in inventory, the game freezes everytime. Its extremly annoying and almost unplayable!Changing the display mode and anything else written here, doesnt work for me :/My specs:Windows 8.1AMD FX 8350Gigabyte R9 270x8GB RAM(High Settings)And i wonder why there is no answer by the tech support (except of the useless moderator answer, sorry ;) ) Obviously many many people have this problem!So, if the support is reading this thread, what about informing the buyers (hopefully) about the process of fixing this?

Same here, froze up twice now while in inventory, very annoying, was running fine yesterday after install played about an hour,quit, played another hour, no issues, fired it up today on steam, it installed the beard and temrerian armor pack, also Nvidia optimal settings changed (lower) seems to stutter every so often.

Right, ok then. I read over some of the forums today here and tried a fix -workaround- that a couple people have mentioned. I disabled VSNC and set my framerate (FPS), to Unlimited. I have been playing now for 3 hours straight, not one single hiccup. So try that folks. Options>Video>Graphics> Vsync & Maximum Frames per Second. Off and Unlimited..respectively. Hope this helps out.Mereinid

Same issue here. Sometimes lots of crashes in a row, sometimes I play for a while without. Either way, lots of crashes viewing inventory. Either way, very annoying. Amazing an issue that ends up this widespread gets thru to release - and amazing that something hasn't been done about it and/or no official response.i3770k, 16GB, Win7 64, R9 290

---------- Updated at 12:32 AM ----------

i7 3770k rather, and 15.4 beta drivers. Can't seem to edit my post and the forum is running like crap in general. Probably because of the massive amount of technical issues people seem to be having with this game. Maybe instead of months of hype they should've done months of early access to get some extra "QA" on this puppy. :)

Please fix this, all of the so called work arounds arent workarounds, they dont work, its just luck or not,
i cant even play 30 min or so before the inv crashes, forcing saves every time i loot or look at my inv
none of the options given here work,
none

please fix this issue some of us paid for the CE guide, CE retail box etc.. and expansion pass, and cant play the darn game due to a huge bug that shouldnt have made it out of testing,

http://segmentnext.com/2015/05/19/t...formance-fps-stuttering-flickering-and-fixes/

nothing on the above page works but sooo many issues, please FIX THIS ASAP like now.
its insane to put this much time and effort into this game, only to have it crash and freeze to taskmanager, i smell mem leaks

Same issue on PC version. Happened 3 times in ~4 hours of game play. Was hovering over items when it happened, can't be sure if that is related.Windows 7 Pro 64-biti7 2700k8GB RAMRadeon 290Catalyst 14.9

Proposed fixes (any combination of):
Turn off Vsync
Set FPS limit to 30 or unlimited
Go borderless windows or fullscreen
Revert to old drivers
Set power management mode to Prefer max performance in Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D setting
Lower all settings
Set GPU/CPU to default clocks

I've tried everything. At this point I have given up and am just waiting for a new patch or for the devs to say something. Just wish there was an official statement saying they're looking into it or something.

Last edited:
I've had this issue only once in 12 hours, but it still exists...

I've noticed geralt disappear from the inventory as well at one point.

I'm having the same problem. ATI R7950. Running borderless window also will try to switch to fullscreen and see if that fixes it.

since switching it to unlimited framerate and vsync off i havent had a single inventory freeze. however i have had 1 desktop crash after getting killed by a monster. it saved moved to the "previously on" cutscene and closed.this is 6 hrs of gameplay time with no inventory freezes.

Wife and I are also having the crashing issues and none of the workarounds do anything for us. Not fps unlimited or vsync off etc, nothing. Crashes at least every 10 minutes for me. In combat, conversation, gwent etc. Completely random.

My game freezes randomely when I'm in inventory or related. Its making the game almost unplayable. I have i7-4820 /16gigs/ R9 290x/ 2Tb HD/ Win 7 64bit all drivers upto date. All is on uber except Hairworks which is off since I have ati and not nvidia. Might be the keyboard mouse controls detecting something. Seems to hit me when I'm moving stuff or clicking on items for details. Vsync off. Unlimited FPS. Happens with HBAO+ on or off. Aside from that It works fine and smooth. I just dread the inventory because I'm scared it freezes.. Other odd events are some kids toy bows clipping through the ground and when I jumped into a shallow ditch I almost died.. roach doesn't obey my commands and I have to yell at him. That is rather cheezy.

I noticed this best if you are just got a new item, or buying something from the store, or browsing while doing alchemy in a store, or when the tutorial messages are on.

Well, glad I'm not the only one. My game froze twice today viewing inventory. Seems random, or at least I haven't noticed a pattern yet aside from it happening in the inventory.

tried evertyhing doonut said none of that works this is a game issue, ive ran a few tests , there are memory leaks allll over the place, check yourself,
this isnt a windowed issue, its not fps issue etc, the game needs patched badly, there are now 17 known crashes and 3 known freeze/lockups

luckily some can be worked around but the inv one,,,. nope..

I'm having the same issue. Windows 8.1, 16 gb, i5 processor, latest nvidia drivers and graphics set to what nvidia recommends for my system.

same as ohers
12h playing - 2 times: 1. changing armor (legs); 2. just reading item stats in inventory
PC, 16GB, i7, Radeon R9 290, Windows 10 pre, drivers from WU, gfx options about middle - optimized for game speed
after restart (without powerdown) ccc.exe (catalyst) hangs one-time.

Top Bottom