Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

+
granpa.. sigh

not sure if anyone is paying attention to my posts, this is not an in game thing you can adjust to fix it.
its a mem leak, or something in the buffer, this can also freeze when looting many items really fast etc,
not just in the inv screen

I think you are right.
I have the same problem. But in my case I haven't had freeze looting fast yet. Just when I browse in the inventory, especially when I change armor.

I hope that there will be a patch very soon because it's realy boring playing in this conditions...

Same fucking problem, i've played yesterday 10 hours whitout any problems but today with a big full inventory when i open it my game crash, it's unplayable !! i cant play 30 min with a fucking crash, fix it !

GTX 770
I7 4770K
8 GB
Last Drivers.

As I told in the similar topic, I solved this problem by switching FPS option to Unlimited.
Good luck!

I never had any crash or complete game freeze, but horrible fps drops in all game menus (not settings menus, but in game ones like inventory, map, alchemy, etc. Drop down to 1~5 fps every 10~30 secs), it's finally fixed. Thank you so much!
I should add that I'm at the beginning of the game : I've not killed the griffin yet, and my inventory is quite empty.
Vsync is also off, playing in full screen mode (borderless is extremely laggy for me, and is back each time I restart the game btw).

Good luck everyone. Hope to see a patch soon (for key binding too -.-).

*My rig : FX 8350 @4.3Ghz, GTX 660 Ti (dual screen, last drivers), 8GB ram, Win 7.

Last edited:
Same here. Didn't have a single hiccup during the first 9 hours I've spent in white orchard and now as I progressed forward in the story It's almost unplayable....

same issue, every time I try to follow tutorial hint to read a book from inventory, game freezes.....
I5 4670
8GB RAM
GTX 970 with newest driver
Win7 64bit

Last edited:
Had the same issue 3-4 times yesterday within 5 hours. Usually happened after I browse the inventory for a while, or when I read a note or book.

i5 3570, GTX 960, latest drive

Keeps happening here too. Freezes with continuing sound while in inventory.

i7-2600k, 32GB, GTX970 with latest drivers, Win 7 64bit

I got the same problem. Browsing for a certain amount in the menues (Inventory, Bestiarium, Quest Log etc.), the game will freeze.

Intel i5 4670K, Radeon R9 290, 16GiB RAM, Win8.1, latest drivers.

Same here, I have to quicksave everytime I need to access my inventory because now it happens very often. It happens mostly when I equip an item, when I browse the usable items and when I read a book.
And I really don't understand that after 16 pages we don't even get a single message from the devs, at least to assure us that they're looking into it...

Are you guys running the game through GOG Galaxy? If so try and launch the game directly through its executable and NOT via the Galaxy launcher, this fixed the menu freeze ups for me entirely.

Holy crap this may have actually worked. Why didn't I think of this?

---------- Updated at 03:46 PM ----------

Nope, coincidence or luck on your end.

Started witcher3.exe from bin/x64/ folde, resumed my game, went into inventory - freeze.

Damn..

I had this freezing every 30-40 min, after turning hardware mouse and controller vibration off (Dunno which it was but I don't need either with no controller) I got about 8 hours before it happened again. I thought it was fixed.. so I tried setting the FPS to unlimited as that worked for some people.. I've now played about 12 hours without a freeze.

Easy enough to try, hope it helps some people.

As other people suggested underclocking my GPU seems to have fixed the problem, I could play more than 5 mins until now, thanks to whoever came up with it!
I hope it work for you guys too.

Top Bottom