Game guides

+
Hello-I have played through the game four times now and just love it even more. Just found the Developer Game Guides and printed them out. How to change the game, well, I think it is the best RPG I have ever played. I do hope you come out with either an espansion pack or better still keep bringing out The Witcher 2, 3, 4, etc. Thanks everyone for your hard work, believe me this is one game in a million. Thanksmaggie60 :) :whistle:

is there any way to get the new EE "Rearranged, free of bugs, and better than ever before" Official Game Guide, without downloading the whole 1 gig extra file?

I know there's probably a spot some where on the forum for my question just couldn't find it. My question is are there any game guides for it? Cause I usually get stuck, pissed off, stop playing, and then forget where I was when I come back and have to start over. If anyone knows of any that would be great. Thank you.

The Witcher Wiki can answer almost any question that you have; there's also a guide at Gamepressure. Links to both are in my signature.

I strongly recommand the Witcher wiki http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page as well, you will lots of useful info there besides a plain walkthrough

Perdón por no poner esto en ingles, pero la verdad no se mucho. ???Mi sugerencia es que lo pongan en español que aqu

Hi, I brought this game a few weeks ago - and I am really liking it. Totally amazing game!I am really having some trouble with the combat though. I am now at the start of Chapter 2, and taking a wonder round the swamps, and here I am having some problems. Those plant things really give me trouble and so do the Drowner Dead.I know that combat is all about potions and using the correct fighting style. I learnt that when fighting the Beast at the end of Chapter 1.However I still have a lot of trouble. I never really know what potions to use...and also I am unable to find the necessary herbs to make the needed potions. I check with the Herbalists and around the Swamp and so far have only found one item containing Vermillion for example.It just feels that I am really missing something very important here. So any tips or guides would really be welcome!

You could say you miss something.You can improve your combat everytime you gain a level. Gaining levels is acquired by gain experience points, which you get to fullfill quests and slay monsters and other enemies. Large monsters, such as ghouls, will give your more xp. For quests, well there is not only the mainquest, but also several sidequests. One of the sidequests is to do contracts. You find contracts on noticeboards. The contracts is mostly by slaying some monsters and acquire the ingredients. Next to that there are also some trophies you can obtain. A trophy is to slay an unique monsters, such as ozzrel in the outskirts.And there are several persons which can give you a quest.It is not only about potions and the correct combatstyle, but also to develop your character and using oils and bombs.In the case how to use potions, oils and bombs, look in formulas in the menu and also to monsters and ingredients. You can find all the information there.Use the J button where you access your journal and you will see also tabs to monsters, formulas, ingredients, glossary and such. If you are unable to find the herbs, then you probably don't have an ingredient entry yet. Those entries are obtained by reading books.You have to read alot of books and scrolls to obtain information about monsters, ingredients, formula's and glossary. Books and scrolls can be obtained by buying it from a bookseller, some merchants and alchemists. You can also find them at random places, most of the time in shelves, cabinets or trunks.For example; in some houses in the temple quarter. And sometimes you are rewarded with a book or scroll by a npc if you do something for them or with a certain deciscion.About that plant thing you mention; is that the one near the clay pits or near gramps house? and is it red and purple?If so, then you have just found an unique archespore called coccacidium. A real nasty thing. Vincent is very interested in the remains of it.

gold standard potion list:-swallow-tawny owl-willow-cat-black blood-full moon-maribor's forestin order of most usedcheck the witcher wiki for details about potions and oils:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:potionshttp://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Oilsoils are extremely useful

That's all fun and well, but it is for everyone different which potions, oils and bombs they use. No wiki nor person can say that. There are no rules of what is the most used. Offcourse there are at least 2 potions which are important for everyone: swallow and cat. and i think white raffard's decoction is also usefull.Swallow is used to regenerate your health. Cat is to see anything in those dark places, such as crypts. White raffard's decoction restores immediately some lost vitality. And for the players who use signs alot Tawny owl is important, since that regenerates the endurance. Therefore Maribor Forest is also usefull then, since it increases the endurance.All the other potions and also oils and bombs is optional and everyone use that one which they used the most.In my case i use next to cat and swallow also alot white gull (excellent to make other potions) and white raffard's decoction (when available) I use blindweed, blizzard, de vries' extract, kiss, tawny owl, willow and white honey sometimes and use perfume in certain situations.I don't use potions as black blood or maribor forest. Next to this i use necrophage oil, specter oil, crinfrid oil, insectiod oil, ornithosaur oil and argentia oil and use some bombs like zerrikania sun and dragon's dream.

And some of my favorite potions are Shrike and Wolf. I rarely use potions which increase endurance cos I don't have many situations when I use signs excessively. I hardly use White Raffard's decoction because the toxicity is quite high.The swamp is a dangerous place when you enter it for the first time. Much more monsters than in the outskirts and you need different fighting styles. So you can't attack them with group style when you are crowded. Explore the area carefully and take the monsters one by one if possible. If they trap you, run back to those areas you have already cleaned and kill the approaching monsters in these areas.There is a good strategy to kill Drowners, Drowned Deads and Bloedzuigers. Try to attack the Bloedzuiger with strong style, use Igni on them. When they are almost dead withdraw and use a final Igni blast. When Bloedzuigers die they set free a poisonous explosion which also kills Drowners and Drowned Deads and you get rid of them as well :evil:The plants you kill with Igni and silver strong steel. Drink Swallow and Bindweed. The boss vegetable Coccacidium you can't kill in one take. You have to withdraw between your attacks to recover your health. If you use Igni very often then you should take a Tawny Oil as well.General: Take care of your toxicity level (green bar). Potions are toxic and could kill Geralt if he drinks to many of them at once. You can prepare your potions on Albedo base to keep the toxicity level low. Albedo is a additional substance you find in several ingredients.

Couple of questions.1.What diffaculty are you playing on?Easy mode gives your cursor very good combat pointer helpers.If your having trouble with combat,you may want to do that.2.Did you follow most of the sidequests in town before heading to the swamp?Rushing right to the swamp will be fatal to your health.

I've been having trouble with the runes for the silver sword, not the rune stones. How does one use them? The blacksmith don't seem to be able to do anything with them. It says "can be branded" on to the silver sword what does that mean?

is there a n00b guide on the forum? I have looked through the Wiki, but don't see anything about how to acquire items - money, armor, etc.Does this game drop items when you beat opponents?Are there hidden items under rocks, inside barrels, etc.?Just trying to get an idea of normal gameplay, the manual in the box doesn't include, and the Wiki doesn't, unless I can't find it. ;)any threads/links highly appreciated!

Several sticky threads in the S&Q section which should be quite handy.In general, if things are clickable, click them and take what you can. And items can be hidden and dropped, yes.

Top Bottom