Game has no anti-aliasing option

+
your problem is your ram. the requirments clearly state 6gb of vram + 12gb of ram.
so you are under the recommended specs.
on "we are pushing the tech to its edge" titles (like crysis back in the day) the "recommended" specs are the minimum spec.
this game was developed as a "but can it run cyberpunk" title and you can tell from every trailer.
the funny part about that is that cdpr doesnt even use ray tracing in most of its trailers.
the TAA implementation is still kinda meh. some titles do have good TAA implementations with next to no ghosting at all.
at some point a company has to make a decision (tech wise) and they obviously ran for TAA only mode.

cdpr has a very good reputation for "patching the problems" so we just need to give them time.
i guess they gonna try to fix the various bugs in the game first before they touch stuff like TAA since it's not really important in comparission.

the first question is always "can the customer play the game" and not "does it look pretty"
Buying another 8GB won't be a problem, but I somehow doubt this will fix the framerate. Don't get me wrong, I am more interested in game running smoothly rather than being pretty. That is why I always switch off those kind of options (AA, V-Sync, etc.). Inability to switch off AA is an oversight to me as this massively impacts the performance on my end.

To be honest, I think that odd behavior that brakes immersion is less important, to the statement "can the customer play the game", than performance optimization, which in my opinion also includes the minimum requirements. Otherwise this is just false advertisement. Now I don't have unreasonable expectations. I just think a rig that can lift W3 on ultra in 60FPS should be able to lift this game on low with 30FPS. If not, then at least I would expect on PC to have tools that can further help me optimize the experience (like .ini files for graphic settings).

Can the GOG users find the offset value 23566h?
Gog version. Can't find that
scr.png

Title says it all, I wanna turn off the anti-aliasing and the game doesn't have that option; games on my PC with anti-aliasing look blurry so I turn it off, I'm not gonna play the game with it looking like THIS (JUST LOOK AT THE HAIR)

Hair, Eyes, Lips and everything else. Looks horrible overall. Just refunded the game cause of that...
Post automatically merged:

This is really bad. I didn't play outer worlds because of this and will refund this game until they fix it. I shouldn't have to look through a million ini files to make the game not look like a blurry mess.

Yeah, already refunded cause of that. I can't stand TAA in any game.
Post automatically merged:

I'm pretty sure the issues you are seeing are caused by DLSS. You are basically looking at downsampled resolutions. Deactivate DLSS and it will improve considerably (but it will have a performance hit)

But that not fixing the bluriness coming from the forced TAA and the game still looks like trash

Last edited:
I mean what card do you have?
Well, you might think that my GPU is too old, or too puny, but I can overclock it quite a bit. It's a GTX 980m with 8GB VRAM, with a custom VBIOS. For the TW3 I overclock the core by +160 MHz (on top of the +88 MHz turbo-boost done by the card itself), and the VRAM by +300 MHz, and with a few .ini file tweaks, and a few NVIDIA driver adjustments, I can run it at 1080p, 60 FPS with a mix of mostly high settings, a few medium, and one or two low. For stability I do have to add a few millivolts to the core voltage. My CPU is moderately overclocked, but it does not struggle at all with TW3; it's an Intel 4720 HQ. Again, old, but it performs quite well. I have 16 GB or system RAM, and though slow by today's standards, it does not seem to be a problem. Cooling my computer is not an issue, at least not during the winter months where I live.

For Cyberpunk I've been overclocking it more, +190 MHz on the core (on top of the turbo boost, again). Last night I tried a few more driver tweaks, and the image quality did improve. But I am running the game with mostly low (or set to off) settings, with only one or two medium (because I can't stand crappy glowing NPC faces without any shadows or ambient occlusion). With the adaptive resolution rendering (which I think is mostly close to 720p most of the time), upscaled to 1080p and modest sharpening done by the driver, the image does look much better, and it's running at around 55 FPS. Still a tad blurry, but better.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the game, but I can run other games whose recommended GPU is a Nvidia GTX 1060 card; and I'm talking running at mostly max settings, and they rarely dip below 60 fps, and they all look beautiful -- with their corresponding overclock, file, and driver tweaks. If the recommended specs for this game were a Nvidia RTX 2080, I wouldn't be complaining, since I'd then know better what to expect. It's the claiming a GTX 1060 would do that threw me off.

As per the recommendation above, I'll try the HEX edit of the .exe file, and see what it does -- with my usual tweaking of other things, of course.

Last edited:
Yeah, of course the graphics are more like a 2012 game if you lower the settings to play with an older graphic card. But look at my pictures from above. Their was never a game with this broken hair models. Not 2012, not 2004. Their is something seriously wrong, in the game. And keep in mind: The minimum requirements are claiming, it is playable on a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780. Of course, it won't be a graphic revelation or not even 50 FPS, but WTF those pictures...
But....

YOU CAN DEACTIVATE IT!!!!
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_2077#Anti-aliasing_.28AA.29

This works!
Game still looks thrash bit now due to other reasons

So...this game is just a huge propaganda for DLSS?
Now that i'm seeing with more details such 'limitations'...i'm not sure if they tried to make something revolutionary to support this huge amount of platforms or they intentions was very clear from the beginning...plz CDPR, don't do that

This works!
Game still looks thrash bit now due to other reasons

Make sure you disable Space Screen Reflection Quality to Off as well... I suppose that option looking that bad without TAA is one of the many reasons why TAA was forced on us!

I managed to find a good compromise for visual quality and performance for 1080p.

1. Video options: select the resolution available just after 1080p. In my case it is 2715 x 1527.
  2. In graphics menu activate DLSS: Quality. This will render the game at a lower resolution and upscale it to the setting chosen in step 1. For AMD cards you can use the fidelity CAS options.
  3. Cascade Shadow resolution: Low - Because it has a major hit in performance.
  4. Screen Space reflections quality: Off - This creates a lot of visual artifacts due to TXAA such as grainy textures.
  5. Apply a sharpening filter: Using Nvidia overlay from Geforce Experience just press Alt+F3 and add the sharpen filter from there. Im using 20% sharpen but this up to your preference.

Other notes:
- I did not disable TAA since the graphic quality becomes unbearable at 1080p.
- Selecting a higher resolution and activating DLSS quality mode makes the game upscale it to a better quality setting when compared to 1080p without a noticeable performance hit. My Geforce RTX 2070 super is averaging 80fps+ in city (most settings are set to medium)
- Ghosting from TXAA was heavily reduced with these settings

Ingame Screenshot

I managed to find a good compromise for visual quality and performance for 1080p.

1. Video options: select the resolution available just after 1080p. In my case it is 2715 x 1527.
  2. In graphics menu activate DLSS: Quality. This will render the game at a lower resolution and upscale it to the setting chosen in step 1. For AMD cards you can use the fidelity CAS options.
  3. Cascade Shadow resolution: Low - Because it has a major hit in performance.
  4. Screen Space reflections quality: Off - This creates a lot of visual artifacts due to TXAA such as grainy textures.
  5. Apply a sharpening filter: Using Nvidia overlay from Geforce Experience just press Alt+F3 and add the sharpen filter from there. Im using 20% sharpen but this up to your preference.

Other notes:
- I did not disable TAA since the graphic quality becomes unbearable at 1080p.
- Selecting a higher resolution and activating DLSS quality mode makes the game upscale it to a better quality setting when compared to 1080p without a noticeable performance hit. My Geforce RTX 2070 super is averaging 80fps+ in city (most settings are set to medium)
- Ghosting from TXAA was heavily reduced with these settings

Ingame Screenshot
This seems actually cool option, but i dont rly want to decrease quality. I mean im on full ultra and running on 50-60fps, i just wanna get rid of these grainy/blurry parts of the game. Ghosting is heavy af aswell. And AMD sharpening cause even more problems if its on. I tried super scaling set my res on 1440p. Still had the problem. I turned off AA aswell, but eeh i cant stand the look of the textures tearing. So both ways are dead end for me. I really hope CDPR will add more options for graphics...

I tried hex editing the exe, but in the end, the artefacts created by SSR only got grainier.

To disable AA: (v1.04)
Go to Install directory Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64, and edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with Hexa software like https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD20
Using CTRL+G, search 235B6 and change it from 01 to 00 then 235F5 and change it from 01 to 00

For older game version:
Using CTRL+G, search 23566 and change it from 01 to 00 then 235A5 and change it from 01 to 00

You can now use FXAA in the Nvidia panel to your convinience.

To edit FoV: (You can use VSC https://code.visualstudio.com)
There are two options.json so go to the right one:
(in Install directory \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc)
CTRL+F to find FieldOfView then edit "max_value" to 140 or else. (don't touch anything else or the game wont launch)

[Off topic but useful]

For Keybinding lock key and missed key, edit file:
inputUserMappings.xml
(in Install directory \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config)
And for exemple replace all IK_F to whaterver you like, exemple: IK_NumPad0, to remap the primary action key.
Try not to remap F Fonction (F1 F2 F3)...

Use CTRL+F to find them all IK_ you want to edit.

You could also edit all IK_C, for closing info and jump dialogue.
And why not change all IK_Escape by IK_RightMouse, to go back menu with your mouse. ; )
Don't change mapping name="OpenPauseMenu_Button" with in use mouse bouton though...

To force keys binding, edit file:
UserSettings.json
(in X:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077)
Exemple to allow arrow key:
In "group_name": "/key_bindings/SettingsLocomotion"
Change one or both "value": "IK_W and "default_value": "IK_W" by something else like: IK_Up.
(default_value is the reseted key.)

Melee is "name": "weapon4"

Here several IK Key:
IK_Up
IK_Down
IK_Right
IK_Left
IK_PageUp
IK_PageDown
IK_LeftMouse
IK_MiddleMouse
IK_RightMouse
IK_RControl
IK_RShift
IK_Semicolon
IK_End
IK_Delete
IK_Backspace
IK_Backslash
IK_Equals
IK_Enter
IK_NumPeriod
IK_NumPlus
IK_NumMinus
IK_NumPad0

Use "Read only" on the file to lock your work.
Hope it will help.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom