Game has no anti-aliasing option

+
you CAN change the supersampling in a config file if you want and it does work. if you're on PC and go into the r6/config/settings/platform/pc/options.JSON file and look for "SRS_Resolution" change the max value from 100 to 200 and boom, you can now supersample and tank your FPS like me. the AA is a whole other issue however. i have found that if you turn off chromatic aberration and ambient occlusion it gets rid of some of the blur and distant shimmering.

This post got me thinking.
I am on a 1080p monitor and tried DSR on my Nvidia control panal to get 1440p resolution but still tanked my fps with DLSS (quality) on. So I turned that off and played with the blurryness that is raytraced CP2077 on 1080p.

NOW,
looking into the options.json and the SRS_Resolution part I edited the lines as following just to test something:

{
"name": "SRS_Resolution",
"display_name": "LocKey#78456",
"description": "LocKey#78456",
"is_visible": true,
"in_pre_game": true,
"in_game": true,
"is_dynamic": false,
"order": 6,
"update_policy": "immediately",
"type": "int",
"value": 130,
"default_value": 130,
"min_value": 130,
"max_value": 200,
"step_value": 5
}
]
},

I don't know what value did the trick, min_value or default_value, just in case I changed both. That beeing said having set it to 130 the game looks soooo much sharper and the blurryness is almost gone (except the ghosting from TAA on moving objects)!

The best part is...I have NO noticable performance drop regarding FPS it feels as smooth as before with DLSS on quality all rtx options on and rtx lightning on medium. Maybe it's just placebo but I am damn sure the internal resolution got way higher.

Without DLSS and rtx on, the fps tanks and withoug rtx it does not look that good anymore. As said in above post. Now it looks so good, also using reshade and sharpening... superb. :)

Without DLSS and rtx on, the fps tanks and withoug rtx it does not look that good anymore. As said in above post. Now it looks so good, also using reshade and sharpening... superb. :)
Got any pre-after shot with reshade?

Had to upload it on my mega folder since the reshade shots are to big and forum won't allow upload.

The reshade is from nexus mods but I tweaked it a bit and added sharpening.

Attachments

• Ultra Enhanced Reshade 1.0.txt
    32.9 KB · Views: 249
Had to upload it on my mega folder since the reshade shots are to big and forum won't allow upload.

The reshade is from nexus mods but I tweaked it a bit and added sharpening.
Defenetly look less green/gray, the sharpening is spot on and not excessive, good job, i'll use it when the game is in a decent state for another run.

Engine is unfinished. RT reflections really need a low, medium and high setting instead of on or off. RT light needs a low setting. Overall performance is abysmal and the game is clearly demanding more than it should be, it looks good but all that amazing to demand so much. Poorly optimized. Needs fixes and improvements in the engine way beyond bugs.

I don't play the game with RT on at all. DLSS disabled. Get 70-80fps (everything ultra/psycho). The heavy drop of FPS for reflections that really don't matter, is not worth it for me. RT off on top. RT on at max bottom.
1609200228303.png
1609200298056.png

You still get nice reflections etc. using standard rendering.
1609200719589.png

Same problem here. The TAA (Temporary Anti Aliasing) technic is just broken on many systems. And there are some games, like The Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk 2077 that completely rely on TAA. Almost all my borders are flickering, the hairs are all shimmering, shadows are broken... Only fix avaiable is to deactivate AA and then use Reshade to get another, working kind of AA. But how to deactivate it? Bad enough they used a AA technic that is broken on many systems , but then its also impossbible to deactivate/fix it... Grrrr.

Please, tell us what system (what GPU / CPU) you are using. Pretty curious.

Wym contact nvidia the game has no anti-aliasing options it SHOULD have

There is an option to turn it off, it's just not visible. Gotta get into the source if you want to play with that because it's set to False, mostly because AA removes jagged edges from textures and makes them look smooth and compared to the rest of the issues the game has, the performance decrease from AA is negligible at best. I don't remember which file its in but I saw it only a few minutes ago when I was poking around in the files, if you really want to disable it.

Title says it all, I wanna turn off the anti-aliasing and the game doesn't have that option; games on my PC with anti-aliasing look blurry so I turn it off, I'm not gonna play the game with it looking like THIS (JUST LOOK AT THE HAIR)
Same. +1 for an option in the next patch. Pretty please?

You can disable/enable DLSS and/or DSR, so there's two options. If you disable those there's the AMD options which work on Nvidia cards (lovely fellas). If you disable those too there is no anti aliasing. If you're still having problems, a simple google search will lead you to Nexusmods and it has a special AA mod.

Essentially, if you don't have a decent PC you're missing out BIG time and yes, that is a fucking shame.

Last edited:
I don't think anti aliasing would be an issue if the game allowed you to set the rendering resolution and an upscaling option.

My setup is an rtx 2070 super, w ryzen 7 3700x.

I play on a 4k display.

I typically render my other fps games at 1080p in game with 200% upscaling, then set the Nvidia control panel to do integer scaling. It generally fixes any aliasing issues.

Title says it all, I wanna turn off the anti-aliasing and the game doesn't have that option; games on my PC with anti-aliasing look blurry so I turn it off, I'm not gonna play the game with it looking like THIS (JUST LOOK AT THE HAIR)
yea..youre right , anyway, anybody love this v's hair

This may help

Make sure to turn off DLSS

go to General.ini and add

Antialiasing = 0

I know there's something else to change by a value of 1 but can't remember, also switch off volumetric fog if really struggling for frames, I think nexusmods community covered this somewhere actually, probably best do some homework on this to be safe.

If you get a crash just delete what I said add and it should be fine to run again.

Engine is unfinished. RT reflections really need a low, medium and high setting instead of on or off. RT light needs a low setting. Overall performance is abysmal and the game is clearly demanding more than it should be, it looks good but all that amazing to demand so much. Poorly optimized. Needs fixes and improvements in the engine way beyond bugs.

Reflection quality is handled by the RT medium/high/psycho setting. Not ideal to have all RT settings handled in one setting, but hardly "unfinished."

Top Bottom