Game informer head scratcher

+
In the august issue of game informer they write that the sub-dermal weapons rigs increases grip pressure leading to more damage. But an increase in grip pressure would cause greater accuracy not damage because damage is caused by the projectile as opposed to how tightly you hold the weapon.

I'm just curious if im the only one thinking it?

One way it makes sense is if the combat is primarily player driven and upgrades to accuracy get translated to more damage. In other words increasing accuracy wouldn't directly increase accuracy, as the player is in control of it. Instead it would raise damage to represent higher accuracy.

One way it makes sense is if the combat is primarily player driven and upgrades to accuracy get translated to more damage. In other words increasing accuracy wouldn't directly increase accuracy, as the player is in control of it. Instead it would raise damage to represent higher accuracy.

Or for when shooting in a controlled burst you maintain better control of your weapon and you have a reduced spread meaning you can now hit the same sized target with more bullets reliably.

Is the game informer cover story on cyberpunk 2077 cause it would make sense because they did do one on Witcher 3 when was still new.

Is the game informer cover story on cyberpunk 2077 cause it would make sense because they did do one on Witcher 3 when was still new.
Yeah it was the august 2018 issue where they talk about seeing a 50 minute uncut demo from CD Red and they talk about 2 upgrades, an eye upgrade and the subdermal weapons rig in the hand

I heard something similar in one of the post E3 videos I watched though they made it sound more like the smart link system and gave me images of more like the Shadowrun Smart gun system (same type of system but more often than not you don't run a cable to it since that is slower in the game, you tend to have a contact pad in you hand or even wifi in the newer versions). We are probably still early enough that the specifics from the demo can change, though if you are more accurate when shooting one way to denote that is you are able to shoot areas that would be more vulnerable there by doing more damage. Either way I would agree with the idea that it is still to early to really focus on fine details we are hearing, someone that has more experience with Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun, or another cyberpunk game might read into something a little different than each other, and vastly different from someone that has only played fantasy games.

I still have issues with V's hand cyberware increasing the damage delt, accuracy, no problem, but how does it make a bullet hit harder?

I still have issues with V's hand cyberware increasing the damage delt, accuracy, no problem, but how does it make a bullet hit harder?

More accurate targetting? Much better chance of striking the vitals you are (theoretically) aiming for?

I mean, yes, that's a certain amount of luck and ballistics randomness, but for sure, more accurate you are, better chance of bullet working as intended.

Accuracy isn't just a function of hit vs no-hit.

Damage is an abstraction that reflects the interaction of many factors, this is true regardless if you are talking a game system or real life like force impacted, vector & surface area of force transfer, material and structural factors of the object being impacted, etc.

If you aren't hitting a perfectly uniform medium with perfect force distribution, accuracy is a significant factor in increasing the "Damage" done to the target.

I still have issues with V's hand cyberware increasing the damage delt

More accurate targetting? Much better chance of striking the vitals you are (theoretically) aiming for?

Does that not basically mean that - as per the old argument - the little girlie with a magnum can not ever hit the vitals of a thug? That the gun in her hands is - as a gun - less dangerous than in the hands of someone who has that magic grip enhancement, that they will never hit the same place even by chance.

What it really boils down to is there are many, MANY, standard video game concepts that are nothing more then that. I'd like to see CP2077 examine them to see if they make sense in a "realistic" setting like CP2077 not just include them because every other game does.

Does that not basically mean that - as per the old argument - the little girlie with a magnum can not ever hit the vitals of a thug? That the gun in her hands is - as a gun - less dangerous than in the hands of someone who has that magic grip enhancement, that they will never hit the same place even by chance.

Well, I have to say as someone who has shot and taught handgun shooting back in the day..
BOY does a good grip help. Like, so much. So very very very much.

Even with a good grip, odds are your first mag will be your most accurate for weeks or longer, because you start to pre-flinch from the kick after that.

Accurate shooting is quite a few skills and tricks, really.

Although I think you've taken it too far - it's not suggested you won't hit in the same place, but across an average, it's less likely that you will hit what you aim at.

Really depends if damage is a static number or a range. Range makes more sense in terms of living creatures.

In the pnp, the wrist augmentation increase your aim (accuracy), by +2 or something I think, so it increase your chances to hit.

Since it's not a turn per turn game, I figure it's simply translated by more damage because it hits more sensitive areas, not because you press harder on the trigger.

Now, the thing is how many pts does it add per bullet?
If it's 2/3 pts it's ok
If it's 10 etc.. Now yes it's over the top.

IIRC in the pnp, some guns have better accuracy etc... And have +2/+3 damage points, so it may works the same way here.

Yeah accuracy means a lot but I wouldn't say it would equate to a damage increase, in game terms I think of it like shooting someone in the head because your more accurate. Just because you have a accuracy boost making it easier to hit the head doesn't mean your bullets are doing more damage. It just means your hitting a damage multiplier, with the 2077 grip you are now doing magically increased damage which is then multiplied on hitting a vital organ. Increasing accuracy/decreasing spread sure but a base damage increase doesn't make sense.

Yeah accuracy means a lot but I wouldn't say it would equate to a damage increase, in game terms I think of it like shooting someone in the head because your more accurate. Just because you have a accuracy boost making it easier to hit the head doesn't mean your bullets are doing more damage. It just means your hitting a damage multiplier, with the 2077 grip you are now doing magically increased damage which is then multiplied on hitting a vital organ. Increasing accuracy/decreasing spread sure but a base damage increase doesn't make sense.

It makes more sense if you consider it to be lethal damage and not just pure damage.

Shooting someone in the arm enough times can kill them, but it's going to take a few bullets. Many, if their arm is built up enough or they simply have that strong of a constitution. But a bullet straight through the eye, despite the lesser overall damage, is still far more likely to instantly kill them.

That's how a punch is often the weakest form of attack; it's not that humans are incapable of doing serious damage with a punch (we're amazingly capable of it), but that killing another human with a punch is usually extremely difficult. Note there are ways to instantly kill someone with a punch, but it's not that likely to happen.

So, better accuracy does directly translate to more lethal damage, if that is what you're intending to cause, by making certain the bullet is more likely to strike where it can deal the most lethal damage. But it does not translate into more damage overall; a 9mm pistol will not ever do the same total amount of overall damage as a .50 sniper rifle.

Top Bottom