Game informer put Witcher 3 as best game of all time

+
As said in title Witcher 3 is best game of all time going by readers poll result.

Anyway I agree with this but I am curious is there any game , someone of you consider better than Witcher 3 ?

Well, the official Witcher forum might be the wrong place to ask that question :)

But I would say it really depends on your preferences as a player. Personally, it’s definitely my No. 1 RPG but there sure are a lot of great games out there from various genres.

Its such a tough toss up between mass effect and the witcher. I'd have to agree that witcher as a video game is far superior to mass effect. CDPR crushes the competition.
it is the story for me. They are both so freaking good.

Hello,

maybe someone doesn't enjoy medieval games but in terms of quests, storytelling you could tell that maybe Uncharted is really good but the Witcher 3 was told with so much passion, love and wits that you can really tell that the boys (and girls ;) ) at CD wanted to tell the best game ever made and i believe they have surpassed Mass Effect and every other game there is on the market. The beginning is so good. In Mass Effect i always had to shoot and the shooting wasn't even fun because i played on the normal difficulty but CD really is on its own league. There are gamers who even can't play another game. Just compare Skyrim to The Witcher 3 and you know what i mean. Yes you can customize your character but it has not the love and passion that CD had with TW3. TW3 was really a game and present for gamers. To be honest i believe the 20 dollars goty version is way too low. The fight at kaer morhen is so good! even GTA5 which came in 2013 has looked like a good game but nothing great and MGS5 was a pure disaster after the good sidequests in witcher 3. Arkham Knights Story was a disaster(so many plotholes) and The Witcher 3 was the best game for me with GTA 5 as a second mainly for its main story which wasn't so long. GTA5 really shines in the Multiplayer. The Witcher 3 in the singleplayer.

The Witcher 3 has so many memorable Moments. The Beginning, Kaer Morhen Fight, Nowigrad, Swamps, Castles and the castle in b&w looks so good like from a disney move and don't forget the humor!!! The Mission with the supper omg.

But some flaws does every game have :) for example i would like to have the option to romance cerys and the rich girl(whom you teach to fight and luisa la valette). The theatre girl was also nice :D The bed scenes were nearly all the same. The threesome would have been nice but with some extra hard work or quests to solve. I would have liked to visit kovir and nilfgaard and the wild hunts world more but this is better in the sequel :)

Last edited:
I don't think it's the best game of all time, not even close. Skyrim gets that honor for me, with Oblivion and Morrowind close behind. However, outside of the Elder Scrolls series, I'd say it's much closer. A few older CRPGs are also very close behind.

The Witcher 3 is as close to objectively good as you can get with a modern game. It's polished, the bugs that existed were patched relatively quickly, it got two substantive expansions, the animations are smooth. But it's not the greatest game of all time, in my opinion. Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will fit the bill for me, we will see.

Last edited:
To be honest i liked the dungeons in skyrim a little bit better but the sidequests in Witcher are on another level. Main Story also. The whole witcher game is so cinematic. Really good game. But i played Fallout 3 and had much fun with it despite worse Story. Laserweapon! ^^ Its like you have 2 childs. The one is good with Story and Sidequests but can't shoot laserbeams and the other one can but can't do story.

Is it the best? Nah. It's up there, but it isn't perfect and there are other games out there I'd place over it. Some for nostalgia, others because I just liked them more.

Honestly, I don't think I could ever pick "the greatest game of all time". Too many variables. TW3 is definitely in my top 3, though, finally knocking Ultima VII off of it's throne. (Although, I like to picture Ultima VII sitting off to TW3's right, not really "below" it. :p)

The Witcher 3 revived my love for gaming. It opened my eyes to the true power of the medium. It will be hard for another game to ever top it.

The Witcher 3 is the reason why I shouldn't buy Nintendo Switch. I afraid I can't resist myself not to play all the time or forget to get off the bus when arrive at office.

The Witcher 3 is certainly my favourite game of all time. But it's impossible to crown a "best game of all time", let alone an objective one. That said, The Witcher 3 is without a doubt among the best RPGs of all time.

Yup and I'm playing it right now and one of the best game that I have played by far on PlayStation since Final Fantasy VII.

It is not without fault in terms of certain game mechanics, but it's certainly the most immersive game I've ever played, and that is mainly due to good voice acting, great storywriting and - most importantly - the difficult choices you have to make, and their outcomes. It's these aspects that make the make fun to play over and over again. (For me, games like Skyrim became a bore sooner, because the quests are pretty much always the same and the game is not vast to the point that you'd miss entire pieces all that easily)

As said in title Witcher 3 is best game of all time going by readers poll result.

Anyway I agree with this but I am curious is there any game , someone of you consider better than Witcher 3 ?
Nope.

Witcher 3 is indeed the best video game so far.
Second place goes to Fallout: New Vegas.

Skyrim is my top game of all time. Maybe Oblivion, but probably Skyrim. The Witcher 3 is in my top 5 or top 10 games for sure.

Top Bottom