Game is set to curved monitor mode, how to turn it back?

+
I think they're trying to simulate the effect of an image, of light, being projected flat onto the curved surface of a wide angle lens.)

I am not saying you are wrong about what they were trying to do,
But the mini map is slanted not curved. I have been professional draftsman for over 40 years. I know my geometry! :)

1646261502136.png

1646261882421.png

Attachments

• 1646261863316.png
    1646261863316.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Cool! So when you first saw it you ALSO thought it was a issue that may needed to be fixed?
But in the end it was a "design choice" lol.
In fact I found it "strange" at first, so I wonder if it was a problem with my TV, my console or a bug.
(But like it was never changed/fixed/modified since game release, I'm pretty confident that it was/is intended. In fact, you can't hardly miss it when you play^^)

For me, it try to simulate the effect of a lens (all the exterieur are "curved/inclined" but the middle is normal. Like if the HUD was diplayed on a big sphere (your eyes)

I am not saying you are wrong about what they were trying to do,
But the mini map is slanted not curved. I have been professional draftsman for over 40 years. I know my geometry! :)

View attachment 11289295

View attachment 11289301
And I'm a photographer and I know my lenses. :) look at the varying gap from your green line against the minimap.

EDIT: see the attachment. It is curved.

Attachments

• curve.jpg
    curve.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
In fact I found it "strange" at first, so I wonder if it was a problem with my TV, my console or a bug.
(But like it was never changed/fixed/modified since game release, I'm pretty confident that it was/is intended. In fact, you can't hardly miss it when you play^^)

* I did, that is what I am wondering about. Between when I first played and when I noticed it, I changed FOV, drivers, game patch, player level and maybe some of the graphic settings. But it seems unlikely those (except maybe the FOV) obscured it for me. But no big deal, thanks for showing me it had been in day one that was driving me a little crazy. Now when I play I hardly notice it anymore.

* Edit: for fun go back and read the numerous player posts on page one of this thread that were surprised to see it AFTER playing the game for a while:

"This just randomly happened to me. Closed the game for the night on 1.05. Fired it back up and bam, random curved mode."

So this was not just my opinion.

Last edited:
I have an ultra-wide monitor, it is still flat. The fish bowl effect is exaggerated around the edges of this for me but I would play the same on a 1080 monitor

When I play I am always focussed near the centre of my screen. My eyes move some left or right/up and down but if I want to look right or left near the edges I turn the camera with the mouse to where I want to look. The fishbowl effect encourages this. It encourages immersion in the 1st person perspective. Turning the camera as you would turn your head.

The fish bowl effect also exaggerates what I see from the corner of my eye so I tend to notice things more and react to them.

im having the same issue as most of these people i think, for me the stuff is curved and mission things like the words at the top right of the screen get cut off for no reason. i can run my mouse along the top edge of the screen and watch it disappear the closer it gets to the corners, and this doesn't happen with anything else so i know it's not my display or my PC. even if i set the game to a different resolution so it's smaller and doesn't take up the whole screen it still happens. my FOV hasn't changed and i've changed it purposely to see if it would fix anything and set it to default countless times and that isn't working, nor is anything else in the graphics settings.

The mouse sometimes dragging off the screen is the dead giveaway that this is not "by design". There may be some amount of curvature that is intentional in the menus but when you're missing significant amounts of information, and when the upper part of the screen loses 250 pixels of image but 'is there' according to mouse movement, you have a problem.

Fortunately I found a fix at least for my setup. In the NVIDIA control panel go to "adjust desktop size and positioning"
Select each monitor and then select "no scaling" and then Apply at the lower right. Then relaunch CP2077.

The mouse sometimes dragging off the screen is the dead giveaway that this is not "by design". There may be some amount of curvature that is intentional in the menus but when you're missing significant amounts of information, and when the upper part of the screen loses 250 pixels of image but 'is there' according to mouse movement, you have a problem.

Fortunately I found a fix at least for my setup. In the NVIDIA control panel go to "adjust desktop size and positioning"
Select each monitor and then select "no scaling" and then Apply at the lower right. Then relaunch CP2077.
So there is no curved monitor mode as discussed in the thread and if there were it would bend the opposite way -- ie inwards at the edges -- to compensate for perspective. A curved monitor projects/displays the same rectangular image as a normal screen displays onto a screen that is physically curved. It does not feature a varying pixel count across the surface of the screen.

What this sounds like is the top and bottom of an image being cut off for some other reason, eg a non standard ultra wide aspect ratio that the game for some reason doesn't support and so is clipping off the edges of the image. Having the image set to scale in nvidia settings would certainly be one reason that could happen.

From what people are describing, there may also be some mod or mods that people have installed at some point that have messed with the ui display.

Last edited:
I agree that it’s not necessarily to do with any curved monitor mode. It’s a problem of unknown origin that at least so far I have cured with the change I described above. I’m playing on a flat 4k screen so that really should be common enough for the game to work properly. Im

Top Bottom