Game is set to curved monitor mode, how to turn it back?

+
Hello there,

My UI turned into I believe curved mode. My monitor is not curved, thus parts of the UI in-game are missing.
I tried:
- Validating game files.
- Reinstalling.
- Manually deleting settings.
- Updating to latest graphics driver.
- Restarting several times both PC and Cyberpunk.
These did not help.
My vga: Radeon RX 5700 XT

Can someone help me, to fix this? I want to go back to the future. T_T
Post automatically merged:

+addition
This started happening after the first transition to *spoiler alert* Silverhand. I thought it is a gameplay element, some sort of vision distortion, but the menus are curved as well.

+addition
Actually the whole game is set to curved monitor mode, not just the UI.
I don't know if this is still relevant but I found a way to fix the issue .
I had the problem same problem as you, the game ran i curved mode wich was annyoing becaus i lost like 50% of my HUD and UI in addition the game always had a very blurry blue vignette wich was even more annoying.

To fix these issues what i did was I uninstalled the game. After that i went to "C:/User/*username*/AppData/Local/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077* (you might have to the View menu in the explore and enable the "show Hidden Elements" because the Appdata folder is usually hidden) and deleted the "UserSetting.json".
After that i went and reinstalled the game, when i started it, all setting where back to absolute standart but the curved mode and the vignette where both gone.

Hope this helps :)

I'm a little confused. If there were a curved monitor mode you'd want the UI to be SMALLER at the left and right sides to compensate for perspective. So the UI would curve towards the centre at the edges. Is that what people are seeing?

My UI curves but that looks like a design choice.

I'm a little confused. If there were a curved monitor mode you'd want the UI to be SMALLER at the left and right sides to compensate for perspective. So the UI would curve towards the centre at the edges. Is that what people are seeing?

My UI curves but that looks like a design choice.

Yeah there has been debate on this, I wish a DEV would just let us know this was on purpose so we all can stop trying to fix it. Well I mean I gave up a while ago, but it would be nice to know for sure. The only reason it bugs me is that I could swear I never saw this in the first month of playing the game. But I could just be remembering it incorrectly.

Yeah there has been debate on this, I wish a DEV would just let us know this was on purpose so we all can stop trying to fix it. Well I mean I gave up a while ago, but it would be nice to know for sure. The only reason it bugs me is that I could swear I never saw this in the first month of playing the game. But I could just be remembering it incorrectly.
So stylistically it makes some sort of sense if we are viewing through V's eyes that the UI would bend. I just don't really understand if people are seeing the UI curve upwards at the edges (which would be a stylistic choice and which one comment suggested was making the UI drift off the screen) or inwards, which would be consistent with trying to keep it straight for perspective but not in keeping with the complaint that the UI gets cut off.

The only reason it bugs me is that I could swear I never saw this in the first month of playing the game. But I could just be remembering it incorrectly.
As far back as I can remember, it has always been like that a bit curved (the life bar (a little) tilted towards the center of the screen).
I always thought it was to simulate the roundness of the eye (Kiroshi). Although technically it should be the other way around...
But maybe I'm wrong :)

Game looks amazing on a curved screen. it is meant to be like this, Crysis was the same.

Game looks amazing on a curved screen. it is meant to be like this, Crysis was the same.

:D no no, we are talking about the splash page image on the screen (like a loading screen) is drawn curved, not the monitor. The rest of the game is not "drawn" curved. Some say this is on purpose but I did not notice it until after the first patch of the game. Then it visually stuck out like a sore thumb after that. :shrug:

1646248442411.png

Compare to the rest of the game:
1646248538946.png

1646248852819.png

Last edited:
:D no no, we are talking about the splash page image on the screen (like a loading screen) is drawn curved, not the monitor. The rest of the game is not "drawn" curved. Some say this is on purpose but I did not notice it until after the first patch of the game. Then it visually stuck out like a sore thumb after that. :shrug:

View attachment 11289163
Compare to the rest of the game:
View attachment 11289166
View attachment 11289172
Also the ingame UI is very slightly curved by design. The map, the health etc.

Also the ingame UI is very slightly curved by design. The map, the health etc.

We must be playing different games:

1646255034230.png

1646254905015.png

Or you mean this here? Notice how some are slanted and some are straight? I not sure I would call the slanted stuff "curved" but I see what you are referring to. Notice however the other items are straight! So I would not call this screen "curved" as this image shown at the bottom of this post. I will have to go thru old YouTubes from when this game was first released to see if that curved screen has always been there. I do not think it was on day one.

1646255786159.png

1646255992894.png

Last edited:
Or you mean this here? Notice how some are slanted and some are straight? I not sure I would call the slanted stuff "curved" but I see what you are referring to. Notice however the other items are straight! So I would not call this screen "curved" as this image shown at the bottom of this post. I will have to go thru old YouTubes from when this game was first released to see if that curved screen has always been there. I do not think it was on day one.

View attachment 11289229
View attachment 11289232
Yeah, it's the UI (HUD), not the menu ;)
(And like that since day one^^)
(I have always thought that it was curved for "simulate" the kiroshi eyes "curve" in the corners. So only "curved" when you see through V's eyes)

Does lowering your FoV not help? I've always had it but then I like a high FoV
This is quite interesting, i changed the max FOV sliders and noticed pretty fast that the "camera" is limited too 100 fov because of Vs model shows very odd arms and so on if you increase it. Up too 120 fov its tolerable(some weapons shows arms bent in ways thats kinda funny but) at 150 fov its proper fisheye camera effect. One of the things i kinda hate about FPP is the limited and unnatural viewpoint since your eyes sees so much more then a screen can handle and i can sometimes feel sick because of it.

I though at first the limited FOV hade too do with limiting popin/streaming issues, but boy was i wrong...

I'm sure the "curved HUD" is present since day one. I remember to search on the web "how to fix it" in December on my XB1x :D
Cohh on a playthrough one day before the release (December 9th) :

I'm sure the "curved HUD" is present since day one. I remember to search on the web "how to fix it" in December on my XB1x :D
Cohh on a playthrough one day before the release (December 9th) :

Aw you beat me to it! That like stepping on someone's punch line! :p
But actually you did save me a lot of time thanks.

So at what point do they show in your vid the curved screen shown below?

1646258095633.png

I am wondering now if I did a drastic change to my FOV and that is why I noticed it after a patch. It is just so long ago:sad:

So at what point do they show in your vid the curved screen?
It's at the right time. Simply clic on "Play".
The minimap is "curved" and the Arasaka "monitoring" too.

Edit : I have to find another one (he play 10-12H in a row if I remember ^^). You only see these screens when you "reload" a save.

Find one :
(At the right time).

It's at the right time. Simply clic on "Play".
The minimap is "curved" and the Arasaka "monitoring" too.

Edit : I have to find another one (he play 10-12H in a row if I remember ^^). You only see these screens when you "reload" a save.

nope, not curved, map image is slanted.

BUT, you made me think of another possibility, could be the curved screen I am talking about is only is shown in game AFTER a particular player level? That would explain why it became "noticeable" after a patch for early players.

nope, not curved, it is slanted.

BUT, you made me think of another possibility, could be the curved screen I am talking about is only is shown in game AFTER a particular player level?
I edited my post with a new video, with the exact same "curved" loading screen ;)
(these screens only appear if you reload a save. From the menu, it's the "story" loading screen).

I edited my post with a new video, with the exact same "curved" loading screen ;)
(these screens only appear if you reload a save. From the menu, it's the "story" loading screen).

Cool! So when you first saw it you ALSO thought it was a issue that may needed to be fixed?
But in the end it was a "design choice" lol.

nope, not curved, map image is slanted.

BUT, you made me think of another possibility, could be the curved screen I am talking about is only is shown in game AFTER a particular player level? That would explain why it became "noticeable" after a patch for early players.
The minimap (not the map, the in-gameplay minimap) is curved. It's mimicking a wide angle lens (which is what your eyes have). The verticals remain more constant but still distorted, horizontals curve to different degrees depending on how close they are to the edge of the field of view. (More accurately, I think they're trying to simulate the effect of an image, of light, being projected flat onto the curved surface of a wide angle lens.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom