Game is set to curved monitor mode, how to turn it back?

+
Hello there,

My UI turned into I believe curved mode. My monitor is not curved, thus parts of the UI in-game are missing.
I tried:
- Validating game files.
- Reinstalling.
- Manually deleting settings.
- Updating to latest graphics driver.
- Restarting several times both PC and Cyberpunk.
These did not help.
My vga: Radeon RX 5700 XT

Can someone help me, to fix this? I want to go back to the future. T_T
Post automatically merged:

+addition
This started happening after the first transition to *spoiler alert* Silverhand. I thought it is a gameplay element, some sort of vision distortion, but the menus are curved as well.

+addition
Actually the whole game is set to curved monitor mode, not just the UI.

Last edited:
Same here on PC, wasn't happening in all areas of the game but since 1.04 it displays like this throughout the whole game. Not sure if it has anything to do w new eye implants I just got or something that was pushed in the update. Either way, would be nice to be able to turn it off.

Same problem here, on ps4. Was working fine, then I had to buy a new tv. When I loaded up the game it was all curved. The game image is fine however the top and bottom curve inwards, so the health bar etc, as do the menu screens when paused. There seems to be no problem with the page with crafting, inventory, map etc. It feels like a fov setting or something. Hope this gets resolved.

I'm starting to wonder if its supposed to be like that 🤔

Last edited:
Same here on PC 4k 32 inch screen.
Also texts of menus on outer bounds of viewport look a bit blurry.
Appears that depth of field is affecting HUD

I have the same issue, the whole display appears to be curved, and blurred near the ends to the point I see shadows. I noted it from the beginning and the game installed with the 1.04 patch..., the 1.05 didn't help. It's not my rig or monitor, none of my other games appear this way.

This is rather interesting because I HAVE a curved monitor and I was noticing some of the top left texts/prompts were "outside" my boarders, My monitor is 27" 2560x1440
Is there actually a "setting" for curved? First I've actually heard about someone getting "curved" images

This just randomly happened to me. Closed the game for the night on 1.05. Fired it back up and bam, random curved mode.

any chance you changed the field of view way up?
This makes the most sense. There is no such thing as "curved monitor setting" but cranking the FOV up to high will create a "fish eye" effect. I would just reset video settings to default and make sure you set them up properly again

This makes the most sense. There is no such thing as "curved monitor setting" but cranking the FOV up to high will create a "fish eye" effect. I would just reset video settings to default and make sure you set them up properly again

Thanks for your reply. :) My FOV didn't change one day to the next. One day I logged in and all my UI elements were squared off nicely, and the next everything had a fisheye. Additionally, dropping the FOV down to it's lowest doesn't remedy the issue between game restarts. Any other thoughts?

WOW! I thought it was my imagination. I really see this in the load menus as the bottom and top bar curve like the monitoer is being pinched in the middle.

I did not notice this curve in the game. Probably because I use a higher than normal field of view to see more perferialy.
God, GREAT now that you told me I am going to see it and it will bother me...

Kind of forgot this exists, since I finished the game.
I tried playing with field of view settings, didn't help, I also tried using my VGA's GUI to set things up, but it has no setting for field of view/curved monitor/fish eye effect.

And it wasn't happening from the get go, only after the first Silverhand part. If this is indeed a gameplay element, then I don't really see why it exists. IT is pretty frustrating that some bits from the map, and some texts are simply not visible. Not to mention the ghost image (I can see the UI 3 times close to each other except they are more and more transparent)

It might not have something to do with curved monitors, but it definitely looks like it, since FOV changes had no effect.

I noticed in some missions, the field of view gets set to lowest, just save and reload to fix this problem.
Other than that, just change the resolution to your liking?

That was my first instinct as well, thing is changing the resolution didn't fix the issue, but it made it all look way more distorted.
I didn't try to replay the game yet, waiting for some new game+, I will definitely save before that point to test this.

This was not in original ver of the game only later I think after patch because I only saw it very recently. About 2 weeks ago I was like "oh that curve effect in the loading menu, funny I did not notice that before..."

I have been over ALL the graphics settings, including ones not in the game menu (done via INI files) and have not seen a "curve monitor" setting. I will try to get a screenshot of this tonight.

Top Bottom