Game is too Easy on "Very Hard"

+
My main gripe with this game is that the game is just... too easy.

I can't understand why you have an option for "Very Hard" but literally 10-20% into the game, you feel completely overpowered and are 1-shotting everything in sight.

At the very start of the game, it seemed promising, the enemies didn't feel too squishy and they hit very hard, however - after just a few hours and finding some green/blue gear it became pretty rediculous how quickly the enemies started to melt.

To make it worse, I feel like I literally have to dismantle EVERY "Tech" or "Smart" weapon I find because they are ABSOLUTELY BROKEN, like... literally, if you pick up and use one of these guns, you might aswell just be playing with some sorta cheat codes enabled.

The amount of damage that enemies do seems to be pretty fine, but why do enemies on Very Hard have such a small health pool?

On top of that, the amount of EXP / Street Cred you get is far too high on this difficulty, I feel like this could be one of the main culprits for the games extremely easy difficulty, I'm currently on "30% / 10% / 10%" completion, but my Street Cred is already at like 35 / 50.

I know, I know - this game isn't meant to be Dark Souls, but I am just struggling to understand why you even have an OPTION for "Very Hard", when honestly my experience so far it feels like "Very Easy"... I can't even imagine what this game would be like on the lower difficulties...

I suspect combat isn't too hard, but more additional things which trip easier and so on. But playing on hard, it seems like I was overdoing it in some ways ye. REALLY would like a difficulty which stretches us to the max in such a massive game, ye. Haven't tried the very hard so, but also, I am struggling with perfomance so it's not so easy to play this as a true fps. IT works fine on hard, but unfrotunately, i am not sure it woud be doable on very hard :/

Guest 4375874

I can't understand why you have an option for "Very Hard" but literally 10-20% into the game, you feel completely overpowered and are 1-shotting everything in sight.

At the very start of the game, it seemed promising, the enemies didn't feel too squishy and they hit very hard, however - after just a few hours and finding some green/blue gear it became pretty rediculous how quickly the enemies started to melt.

To make it worse, I feel like I literally have to dismantle EVERY "Tech" or "Smart" weapon I find because they are ABSOLUTELY BROKEN, like... literally, if you pick up and use one of these guns, you might aswell just be playing with some sorta cheat codes enabled.

The amount of damage that enemies do seems to be pretty fine, but why do enemies on Very Hard have such a small health pool?

On top of that, the amount of EXP / Street Cred you get is far too high on this difficulty, I feel like this could be one of the main culprits for the games extremely easy difficulty, I'm currently on "30% / 10% / 10%" completion, but my Street Cred is already at like 35 / 50.

I know, I know - this game isn't meant to be Dark Souls, but I am just struggling to understand why you even have an OPTION for "Very Hard", when honestly my experience so far it feels like "Very Easy"... I can't even imagine what this game would be like on the lower difficulties...
There was legit a guy here who was frustrated from dying too often, so much so that he asked why there wasn't an auto aim option in the game.

So it obviously varies from person to person depending on your skill. If you are good at FPS games, don't assume everyone is. I'm playing on Hard and I'm no stranger to FPS games though its been a while, that said I have died quite a lot but not to the point of frustration. I am playing stealth/netrunner so my experience may be different but for me the difficulty is quite fine. I'll probably try Very Hard on my second play through where I won't be focused on stealth.

Yeah the game needs level scaling and more advanced mobs, I really wish enemies would be super aggressive with their hacks and tactics but it seems like the only way you can die on very hard is getting swarmed by police.

I think ya'll are just better than me lol. I've died a bunch on normal. Sneaking and incapacitating has been my usual approach. Nothing too frustrating, but definitely some fights that required multiple reloads.

I was already expecting this, given the CDPR's historical with the Witcher series.
Every game they make usually starts challenging, when playing in the very hard difficulty, but then, when you keep playing and progressing with your character, the challenge doesn't sustain and the game starts to be a "walk in the park".
I remember when playing Witcher series: Geralt always became over power at some point.
They don t have experience in balancing their games.

after level 30 i am shredding everyone and everything. and i started ACT 3 being level 44. And i killed boss in less than 40 sec. I had more troubles with random gangs.
Game is super easy, even on hard. Bosses die ultra fast.

I guess if you want to feel difficulty you must ignore side content and rush through main story at lowest level and lowest gear.

It's because you go against the same enemies with slightly higher HP/armor as you progress in the game. Meanwhile every perk you get or legendary/epic gear you equip, the gap between you and enemies gets wider and wider. If you go perkless you will realize that this game must've been balanced around having 0 perks and common gear with no mods, and then they added everything else on top.

A normal RPG, heck 99% of rpg's give you different enemies as you get further in the game to deal with the players progression. Imagine if you played a RPG and you were still killing beginner slimes halfway into the game, that's Cyberpunk 2077

Edit: Forgot to mention that as you learn more about how the AI works, you learn their quirks and naturally get better at fighting them. Simply killing enough enemies will let you figure them out more and more and since you go against the same AI throughout the entire game with no enemy variety it gets easier and easier. While in other RPG's different enemy types can throw you off guard and you have to learn how to adapt to them. Enemy variety is very important for a RPG to keep it challenging.

Last edited:
I have the same feeling that Very Hard is like butter. I'm running a Netrunner ... ... Once you get legendary Ping it's GG, and even before that you can easily manage if you know where to get a good Cyberdeck early.

My impression so far is that there is plenty of power creep in the build system for your character (which is not by itself a major problem in a single-player game). The problem IMO is that the Power Creep is kinda heavy and you have nothing of value on which to release it. I mean why improve anything (gear, perk, cyber) if in the end you can run with subpart setup and easily get on with the content. I mean I run around with a smartgun on my Netrunner and sometime do mission Gun Running with only some basic Coldblood perk that only affect Quickhack and no perk at all in gunning at Very Hard difficulty and I laught ... sure I can be 2 shot ... but I easily manage it.

My biggest grip with the game right now is that I have the feeling 90% of build is utherly useless since I have no need for the power it get me.

And let's not talk about how gear stat and mod stacking seem broken ... I can't imagine how it will be when they fix it ...

And let's not talk about how gear stat and mod stacking seem broken ... I can't imagine how it will be when they fix it ...
It's really funny that half of the blunt perks don't work yet blunt is still overpowered.. Equip any epic/legendary revolver, put a silencer on and watch how you can one shot enemies on very hard without ANY perks.

I believe the Difficulty was actually fixed in the 1.05 patch. I am currently playing on Very Hard since launch day. It was a cake walk, still is honestly, but the Enemies have certainly scaled correctly when it comes to giving the player damage. It was easily able to be noticed when I went into VERY LOW npc difficulty zones. They are not capable of 1-shot headshots even when your head armor has over 500 armor.

As in a lot of RPG's character build has a lot to do with it. simply keeping your HP and damage output low is the way to go if you want a challenge. I haven't put any points into body or reflex and have not taken one perk related to weapons...and therefore I die quite a bit. Any character with a red skull over their head can pretty much one shot me. If a game is too easy there are usually things you can do to make it harder on yourself if you truly want a challenge. Create your own rules for the game and try to stick to them. (can't use healing items, can't crouch, can only use your starting weapon and you can't upgrade it, etc.)

I believe the Difficulty was actually fixed in the 1.05 patch. I am currently playing on Very Hard since launch day. It was a cake walk, still is honestly, but the Enemies have certainly scaled correctly when it comes to giving the player damage. It was easily able to be noticed when I went into VERY LOW npc difficulty zones. They are not capable of 1-shot headshots even when your head armor has over 500 armor.
Every 10 armor reduces DPS by 1, so 500 armor reduces DPS by 50 and a lot of damage types ignore armor. 500 armor isn't a lot, but 500 health is. Best way to avoid getting one hit killed is getting 1k+ health. 200 health and 2000 armor is worse than 500 health and 0 armor against explosives, snipers and elemental damage.

Unless you increase your health then the same enemies will keep killing you in one hit because they ignore armor.

OP should have mentioned his character's level. The game is definitely not "too easy" on very hard difficulty until you get a lot of levels behind you, with a lot of crafted armor. I am at level 24, with an armor of 1530. I often get one shotted, I only ever one shot anyone with my sniper rifle.

As in a lot of RPG's character build has a lot to do with it. simply keeping your HP and damage output low is the way to go if you want a challenge. I haven't put any points into body or reflex and have not taken one perk related to weapons...and therefore I die quite a bit. Any character with a red skull over their head can pretty much one shot me. If a game is too easy there are usually things you can do to make it harder on yourself if you truly want a challenge. Create your own rules for the game and try to stick to them. (can't use healing items, can't crouch, can only use your starting weapon and you can't upgrade it, etc.)

I see and understand your point. People can figure out a way to get enjoyment out of a game as they please. On the other hand, it doesn't justify poor difficulty system and basic game balancing.

For some people (me included) get enjoyment out of figuring how to the game system work and how to get the most out of it. In that equation, challenge/difficulty act more like a driving force, not the objectif itself. As an exemple, I played a lot of ARPG (Path of Exile, Diablo 2 & 3, Torchlight 1 &2, Grimdawn, etc ...). In those game, figuring the system and getting a good build is part of the core experience. An ARPG with a bad game system die pretty quickly. You can also see that kind of thing in traditionnal RPG.

Cyberpunk game system feel out of wack balance wise with a lot of broken piece in the middle of it (perk not working, gear mod not working). Don't get me wrong, I did 2 playthrough so far (one Normal and one Very Hard) and I had my share of fun out of them. It just make me sad to see Cyberpunk 2077 having so many issu with its game system. It would have been nice to have a tighter game system more flesh out.

GAME IS TOO EASY

The game needs to be as interesting as "Sekiro",
in “Very hard”,
V can be killed in one shot by enemy sniper.And gamer didn't make a preparation in advance,gamer even cant know sniper position
like this.

2077 will become more interesting

Last edited:
I'm playing it on hard, but it pretty much comes to the same as very hard. Compared to how The Witcher 3 handled difficulty is weird that this just feels more like pointless choice since food isn't even needed because stims are plentyfull and having said bonus of food items makes the game a little bit easier. In TW3 food was pretty much the cheapest way to regain health and health potions were just in case of emergencies. Potions ARE needed in high difficulties and so those food. In CP2077 food isn't even need, bonuses are worthless and that is obvious when you've a perk intended for breathing under water when the only time I've swam under water is on Judy's quest and a gig. My built even broken (with Second Heart not function at all) is still OP.
Then there's how XP is handlled across all difficulties which makes every character OP at early stages of the game and because of how the game ends is weird, since it's pretty much intented that the player finish the main story with the map clean of side quests. There's also the weird case of how the main story is so short that you halt progression altogether for side quests, but street cred is way to easy to level cap.

I always wonder if more difficult enemies would make since. I think the game would feel terrible if enemies were more tanky. However, I can agree that the armor system is broken. There needs to be an adjustment to stacking armor mods; Stacked armor mods (3k+) with high health and even HP regain stuff makes you nearly unkillable.

I played it on hard before I realized there's no trophies for playing on hardest difficulty like TW3... What the hell? Lol

that is obvious when you've a perk intended for breathing under water when the only time I've swam under water is on Judy's quest and a gig.
They probably cut out water missions since you have mods that increase oxygen and items to breathe underwater, remain undetectable under water... Still whoever made these design decisions is probably not going to be hired anywhere else.

Top Bottom