Game is too Easy on "Very Hard"

+
They probably cut out water missions since you have mods that increase oxygen and items to breathe underwater, remain undetectable under water... Still whoever made these design decisions is probably not going to be hired anywhere else.

I agree, it doesn't make sense if you already cut the content.

Everything is OP except LMG.

If you want a fair play, only use the LMG and dont Mod your armor.

I agree, it doesn't make sense if you already cut the content.
Well the theory is they wanted to market that the game has over 400 perks and lots of customization. So they put all these filler perks & mods in the game to boast in interviews and overhype the game. Then when you actually play it you realize that most of it is just uncreative stat modifiers. Or worse, you have perks that are literally useless like dodge while aiming (even though you can already do that..) 2 separate perks for increasing grenade damage, 5 different perks that just have different ways of saying "you do more damage" Knife Throwing even though it does less damage than a single bullet of a machine gun. A cyberware that lets you dodge while aiming (can do that by default) shoot guns while dodging.... a perk that lets you be immune to shock even though there's a cyberware and mod that let you do this.. dodging does not cost stamina..Heck there's 2 perks that affect your stamina while dodging..

So much filler crap all so they can brag about having over 400 perks... yeah, over 400 perks where at least half don't work or are useless.. and the other half being stuff that should be available by default (crafting) or stupid stat modifiers.

Lazy design. Someone actually got paid to add this. You also have in trailers how they show all these perks but they don't highlight over any of them to hype up the player as they imagine how crazy the perk system is going to be, truth is they just wanted to cover up how shallow it is.

Well the theory is they wanted to market that the game has over 400 perks and lots of customization. So they put all these filler perks & mods in the game to boast in interviews and overhype the game. Then when you actually play it you realize that most of it is just uncreative stat modifiers. Or worse, you have perks that are literally useless like dodge while aiming (even though you can already do that..) 2 separate perks for increasing grenade damage, 5 different perks that just have different ways of saying "you do more damage" Knife Throwing even though it does less damage than a single bullet of a machine gun. A cyberware that lets you dodge while aiming (can do that by default) shoot guns while dodging.... a perk that lets you be immune to shock even though there's a cyberware and mod that let you do this.. dodging does not cost stamina..Heck there's 2 perks that affect your stamina while dodging..

So much filler crap all so they can brag about having over 400 perks... yeah, over 400 perks where at least half don't work or are useless.. and the other half being stuff that should be available by default (crafting) or stupid stat modifiers.

Lazy design. Someone actually got paid to add this. You also have in trailers how they show all these perks but they don't highlight over any of them to hype up the player as they imagine how crazy the perk system is going to be, truth is they just wanted to cover up how shallow it is.
Yeah and to top all, there's whole other branch of perks locked and it appears con the 2018 gameplay, still on retail and probably obtainable in expansion. Exactly and it sums pretty much why I feel so gray with CP2077.

My main gripe with this game is that the game is just... too easy.

I can't understand why you have an option for "Very Hard" but literally 10-20% into the game, you feel completely overpowered and are 1-shotting everything in sight.

At the very start of the game, it seemed promising, the enemies didn't feel too squishy and they hit very hard, however - after just a few hours and finding some green/blue gear it became pretty rediculous how quickly the enemies started to melt.

To make it worse, I feel like I literally have to dismantle EVERY "Tech" or "Smart" weapon I find because they are ABSOLUTELY BROKEN, like... literally, if you pick up and use one of these guns, you might aswell just be playing with some sorta cheat codes enabled.

The amount of damage that enemies do seems to be pretty fine, but why do enemies on Very Hard have such a small health pool?

On top of that, the amount of EXP / Street Cred you get is far too high on this difficulty, I feel like this could be one of the main culprits for the games extremely easy difficulty, I'm currently on "30% / 10% / 10%" completion, but my Street Cred is already at like 35 / 50.

I know, I know - this game isn't meant to be Dark Souls, but I am just struggling to understand why you even have an OPTION for "Very Hard", when honestly my experience so far it feels like "Very Easy"... I can't even imagine what this game would be like on the lower difficulties...
I miss the old days when i was playing Gothic 2 Notr(2003), Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines(2004) there was no difficulty setting and had no internet. No Quest marker, tutorials, no go there and kill that. There were clues. I had to figure it out how to play. The dificulty was given of how u played the games.
Depending on your choices the games was either super hard or more easy.
Recently played Gothic 2 with L hiver mod. Even more chalenging and fun.

Riven(1997)was a rather challenging adventure game. Very intuitive but hard puzzles.

Bloodborne is another good hard game with no difficulty setting.

S. T. A. L. K. E. R games on master Its a pretty fun Experience. Played recently Call of Prypiat with Misery Mod.

Pathologic(2005) is another chalenging game(time pressured) in a great way. Not made for simpletons and casuals.

These games now days are somewhat made in a simplistic form, easy, casual, so many markers, tutorials, hints plus u have walktroughs on youtube. With stupid plots, idiotic AI, no good atmosphere. So boring.

They sell 2500$(cough Rtx 3090) graphics cards in order to play visualy pleasing games but dull, empty, no real substance to them.

Last edited:
It’s tough at first but yeah even on very hard it’s not challenging after a few hours. Enemies are just too weak IMO.
Also, maybe off topic, but personally, I would LOVE to see MORE enemies everywhere. I feel there are not enough enemies frequently enough spawning on the map. Sometimes I go miles without any enemies. And no the cops don’t count. Anyway rant over.
I’m out!
BlazinBender
Post automatically merged:

Riven(1997)was a rather challenging adventure game.

I still love that game!!!!!!
That’s all

Seems to me the difficulty doesn't really change much. Played on Very Hard difficulty, but enemies die in one hit and hardly deal damage to me unless I run into a very high level enemy. Anything that's of equal level feels like normal mode to me.

Now I'm not in favor of creating bullet sponges, but with all the options to kill stuff in a few seconds there's hardly any counter play available from the enemy side. I can go in with my sword or gun, throw in a few quick hacks and run across an area to kill everything and still keep my stealth up. No crouching or sneaking required, enemies just don't respond fast enough.

I think the way armor and damage scale breaks the game, much like it does in other RPGs that have multiplication factors for survivability and dps. Takes away the challenge and impact certain enemies should have.

I agree the difficulty level needs fixing, I always play on very hard and its not that hard compared to other games highest difficulty settings.

Seems to me the difficulty doesn't really change much. Played on Very Hard difficulty, but enemies die in one hit and hardly deal damage to me unless I run into a very high level enemy. Anything that's of equal level feels like normal mode to me.

Now I'm not in favor of creating bullet sponges, but with all the options to kill stuff in a few seconds there's hardly any counter play available from the enemy side. I can go in with my sword or gun, throw in a few quick hacks and run across an area to kill everything and still keep my stealth up. No crouching or sneaking required, enemies just don't respond fast enough.

I think the way armor and damage scale breaks the game, much like it does in other RPGs that have multiplication factors for survivability and dps. Takes away the challenge and impact certain enemies should have.

Agreed, game is too easy on any difficulty.

One way to rebalance somewhat the game, and not too hard to implement, would be to create a crippling system similar to the one seen in FO4, but less forgiving.

A cripple head could reduce your aim and precision greatly, and blur your vision. Maybe even disable ocular mods.

Crippled torso could halve your armor, or even reduce it to 0.

Crippled legs? Disable running, halve movement and disable things like Kerenzikov and Sandevistan.

A crippled arm could greatly reduce melee weapons effectiveness, and disable mantis blades and gorilla arms.

And so on.

The best way to fix this is to remove the looter shooter elements and level scaling and introduce realistic/immersive fixed damage.

Which is definitely not going to happen, because for cdpr looter shooters are love and life.

For me normal difficulty works just fine. I had level 50 character in the end game for both of my playthroughs, something that's probably quite rare as from achievement data 25,20% of players reach level 50 Street Credit and only 2,48% of players has maxed any skill.

I don't like level scaling and crafting and that, but for game credit those can be largely ignored, I did that on my first playthrough. Normal difficulty is what most players choose and it's supposed to be "the casual" option and that's what the most of us are.

I was unable to find other topic from months ago where we discussed about increasing difficulty by optional settings unlockable via NG+. Allowing enemy Netrunner becoming more effective, reacting faster to player presence, having quickhacks upload faster and having more of them in arsenal would work. Also more enemies could have defensive cyberware like Self-Ice and offensive cyberware, which usage appears to be quite limited at least on normal difficulty. Enemy with Gorilla arms would be something else in melee. There are limits though, like enemy Second Heart that could just become annoyance for stealth players and enemy NPC Microgenerator would probably not be received well from players who like melee. Still, lot's of possibilities there.

There are limits though, like enemy Second Heart that could just become annoyance for stealth players and enemy NPC Microgenerator would probably not be received well from players who like melee. Still, lot's of possibilities there.
Except microgenerator (half of your life drop if an enemy have this cyberware and his life drop below 15%...), I don't see a real problem with the rest of cyberwares, as long as it is clearly indicated in the scan :)

For Second Heart for example, if you see an enemy with this cyberware and you play stealth, you know you have to knockout him (and not kill him). If I'm right when you knockout an enemy, his life don't drop to 0, but 1. So you could use a non-lethal weapon who does a "one-shoot" or use a manual knockout. It could add some interesting things to stealth playthrough :)

Completely agree.
I too play on the hardest difficulties and I like tough games too (Dark Souls is life), so playing CP77 was a cake walk, far too easy.

I tried to push for a difficulty system where the difficulty state alters the gameplaymechanics of the PC instead of bloats the enemy hp. That scoring hits and handling recoil get their base statistics before skill/stat adjustments get an incremental decreement the harder the setting gets. And furthermore it might affect item prices and availability, and possibly the animation times of reloading and inhalator use, and perhaps even the rate at which the player and the skills level up.

In my eyes, something like that would be the most sensible solution to the difficulty dilemma.

For me normal difficulty works just fine. I had level 50 character in the end game for both of my playthroughs, something that's probably quite rare as from achievement data 25,20% of players reach level 50 Street Credit and only 2,48% of players has maxed any skill.

I don't like level scaling and crafting and that, but for game credit those can be largely ignored, I did that on my first playthrough. Normal difficulty is what most players choose and it's supposed to be "the casual" option and that's what the most of us are.

I was unable to find other topic from months ago where we discussed about increasing difficulty by optional settings unlockable via NG+. Allowing enemy Netrunner becoming more effective, reacting faster to player presence, having quickhacks upload faster and having more of them in arsenal would work. Also more enemies could have defensive cyberware like Self-Ice and offensive cyberware, which usage appears to be quite limited at least on normal difficulty. Enemy with Gorilla arms would be something else in melee. There are limits though, like enemy Second Heart that could just become annoyance for stealth players and enemy NPC Microgenerator would probably not be received well from players who like melee. Still, lot's of possibilities there.
Agree with all but hopefully in very hard on furst time around; not unlocked by NG+
If NG+ becomes available I for one will never use it in cyberpunk. But would love the added difficulty and those sugestions

Agreed, game is too easy on any difficulty.

One way to rebalance somewhat the game, and not too hard to implement, would be to create a crippling system similar to the one seen in FO4, but less forgiving.

A cripple head could reduce your aim and precision greatly, and blur your vision. Maybe even disable ocular mods.

Crippled torso could halve your armor, or even reduce it to 0.

Crippled legs? Disable running, halve movement and disable things like Kerenzikov and Sandevistan.

A crippled arm could greatly reduce melee weapons effectiveness, and disable mantis blades and gorilla arms.

And so on.
ooo that would be amazing

Top Bottom