Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

+

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

• Total voters

The comments are golden.

How they managed to record that with straight face?......

You better fucking watch your back, writers of Law & Order: SVU. I'm going to take all your pictures and draw devil horns and Hitler mustaches on them and "I'm stupid" in a little thought balloon coming out of your heads. I'm a fucking viper and you just stuck your hand in the snake nest. Hisssssss

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

EDIT:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
"THEY LEVELED UP!!"

Last edited:
That Law & Order episode was the best thing that could have happened to those who are opposed to gaming corruption and false narrative within gaming.

Turns out if you keep selling the idea that male gamers are sexist, rapist, misogynist, terrorist criminals....The mainstream lamestream media would just copy it wholesome.

I have always said that foolish people will be their own downfall. Well the gaming journalists, SJWs with their gamers are rapist misogynist terrorist narrative have done just that - Self Destruct.

The best part is that this is just early 2015. No telling what else might come up.

Last edited:
I watched a super-cut of that Law & Order episode. And so far it is absolute garbage and very political. They use a lot of terminology #GamerGaters and #AntiGamerGaters use in real life. I don't see how anyone who plays video games could watch this episode and not feel insulted. What a fuck up!

Last edited:
Have yet to watch it. Managed to watch the first 3 minutes before I was already fed up with them. Will see, if I can bear it.

I watched a super-cut of that Law & Order episode. And so far it is absolute garbage and very political. They use a lot of terminology #GamerGaters and #AntiGamerGaters use in real life. I don't see how anyone who plays video games could watch this episode and not feel insulted. What a fuck up!

I was expecting them to at least hide some of their agenda with the writing, but nope. It even ends with the female dev being driven out of the industry, saying the 'gamers won'. After she was tortured and raped of course. So, which side is scaring women out of gaming? Because it was all so over the top they didn't put a dent in anyone's reputation but their own.

sarkeesian found a way to complain about the episode, apparently for trivializing this serious topic for entertainment.

my guess is she's just angry they didn't handle it competently enough, and now everyone in the mainstream can see how ridiculous and out of whack the social justice/patriarchy narrative is and it's undermining her credibility.

all they really did was take what she wrote and implied, applied it to the real world, and filmed it.

I am of the opinion that the gaming community as a whole should stop seeking validation and approval from the mainstream society.

We are like Metal music community in that we will always be ostracized by the mainstream collective for their own purposes. We should accept that and just be ourselves really.

We should just do our own thing, have fun and stop caring about what the larger society thinks of us. Their opinion of and on us, has been built on foolish falsehoods. They are not worth sucking up to.

Yup. Erik Kain over at Forbes pointed out that the episode managed to piss EVERYONE off.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...u-takes-on-gamergate-cant-press-reset-button/
The SVU detectives are at a game convention of some sort playing a game called Kill Or Be Slaughtered (I’m hoping someone takes this to Kickstarter soon because it looks super retro!) when, nearby, a couple of Icky Gamers approach a woman at a game booth and tell her very loudly that she’s not wanted there because she’s a girl.
That reminded me of this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LyqBb6HBSk&t=1m39s

Let's make money, no matter if our acts can flame young people in hate and violence...

Wait, doesn't this as they said the video game industry acts?... Weird, because videogame industry purportedly affects gamers minds but TV media and journalism affects gamers, no gamers and anti-gamers....

How many hypocresy we can eat without vomiting senseless repression?

From here.

"The popular video games press is not responsible for gaming’s enormous community problems, says Patrick Garratt" in the article made by.... Patrick Garratt :rofl:
Never mind all that shit, MUNDANE MATT NICKED DIRK THRUSTINGTON OFF ME! Bastard!

;]

Last edited:
Top Bottom